- Park fire probe concludes conditions were underestimated Updated: Jul-28-15 11:43 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A report on a wildfire in Wind Cave National Park in April concludes the park underestimated how dry conditions would affect efforts to control an escaped fire.
- Mysterious Blue Hole draws visitors to eastern New Mexico Updated: Jul-22-15 12:20 pm
SANTA ROSA, New Mexico - In an otherwise arid stretch of eastern New Mexico is a seemingly bottomless, deep blue swimming hole that has built up quite a reputation.
- Scientist to give update on Black Hill's cave excavation Updated: Jul-18-15 10:04 am
WIND CAVE NATIONAL PARK, South Dakota - The scientist who led a crew to excavate ice age fossils from the mouth of an unexplored cave in the Black Hills is updating the public on what's been found so far.
- Dog trapped in W.Va. cave for nearly 2 weeks rescued Updated: Jul-16-15 9:46 am
BAKERTON, West Virginia - A dog trapped in a water-filled West Virginia cave for nearly two weeks was thin and dehydrated but energetic when rescuers found her.
- Fossil research resumes at Wyoming's odd Natural Trap Cave Updated: Jul-15-15 7:04 am
LOVELL, Wyoming - A new season of research has begun at an unusual cave in northern Wyoming where hundreds of animals fell to their deaths over 100,000 years.
- Company blamed for 31-acre sinkhole sues oil company Updated: Jul-09-15 8:38 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The company blamed for a 31-acre sinkhole that forced 350 rural Louisiana residents out of their homes has sued Occidental Petroleum Corp., claiming that negligent drilling and production contributed to the damage.
- Popular ice caves draw thousands each year; can be dangerous Updated: Jul-07-15 7:59 pm
VERLOT, Washington - Thousands of visitors each year make the easy 1-mile trek to glimpse spectacular snow and ice formations at the Big Four Ice Caves in Washington state.
- Researchers: Bat populations in Vermont could be growing Updated: Jul-04-15 12:49 pm
DORSET, Vermont - Vermont's little brown bat population could be stabilizing or even growing despite being devastated by disease, researchers said.
- Grotto works to help disabled children get dental care Updated: Jul-02-15 9:17 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Getting to the dentist can be hard for anyone, but for children with special needs, the challenge is even greater.