- Bat-killing fungus spreads in Georgia Updated: Apr-15-14 8:10 am
- Mammoth Cave to participate in science project Updated: Apr-12-14 12:08 pm
- Fungal disease fatal to bats spreads to half of US Updated: Apr-10-14 6:11 pm
- Ruling may lead to higher taxes for salt domes Updated: Apr-08-14 10:13 am
- Man, 19, dies after jumping off Oahu cliff Updated: Apr-07-14 1:17 am
- Oregon Caves delays start of tours to April 26 Updated: Mar-25-14 1:04 pm
- Officials probing cave-ins at trailhead Updated: Mar-24-14 4:05 am
- Flagstaff resident braves 21 days in wilderness Updated: Mar-23-14 11:08 am
- Land buy aimed at protecting Indiana cave system Updated: Mar-21-14 1:10 pm
- More bats found in cave at N.M. national monument Updated: Mar-18-14 12:51 pm
- Empty lots reminder of deadly 2013 plane crash Updated: Mar-18-14 10:34 am
- Ascension administration to hire auditor Updated: Mar-18-14 10:25 am
CLAYTON, Georgia - Black Diamond Tunnel sits just outside the city of Clayton in the northeast corner of Georgia.
GLASGOW, Kentucky - Officials at Mammoth Cave National Park want visitors and nearby residents to participate in a science project.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A fungal disease that has killed millions of North American bats is spreading and now has been detected in half of the United States, officials said Thursday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has upheld an appeals court ruling on the taxation of underground salt dome caverns that could mean some cavern owners will pay hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars more in property taxes annually to local government coffers.
HONOLULU - A 19-year-old man who was swept out to sea after jumping off the "Spitting Caves" outside Maunalua Bay has died.
CAVE JUNCTION, Oregon - The Oregon Caves National Monument in Southern Oregon is delaying the start of tours for a month to save money.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Officials in central Tennessee are investigating what has caused multiple cave-ins at the Gateway Island Trailhead in Murfreesboro.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Naked? Yes. Afraid? Not so much.
PAOLI, Indiana - Nearly 250 acres has been added to the Hoosier National Forest that officials say will help protect southern Indiana's Lost River cave system.
GALLUP, New Mexico - Researchers report finding twice as many bats hibernating in a cave at a national monument in in northwestern New Mexico and they say that may be the result of fewer human visitors.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Lots stand empty where two houses were destroyed a year ago, a reminder of the deadly crash of a private plane into a neighborhood near a northern Indiana airport.
GONZALES, Louisiana - Ascension Parish Assessor M.J. Smiley Jr. says he plans to proceed with hiring a firm to audit the parish's salt dome caverns, although the Parish Council will not reconsider participating in paying for the effort.