- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-23-14 10:08 am
- Forest Services plans fires in Vermont Updated: Apr-23-14 5:04 am
- SD tribe's park expansion for bison irks ranchers Updated: Apr-22-14 7:05 pm
- Student watercolors of parks being displayed Updated: Apr-22-14 4:06 am
- Lawsuit seeks to block sale of Oregon forest lands Updated: Apr-21-14 6:26 pm
- 'A Window on Eternity' finds joy in African park Updated: Apr-21-14 11:25 am
- Indiana Dunes parks showcase overlooked areas Updated: Apr-20-14 7:34 pm
- Deer herd's 150-mile migration is longest recorded Updated: Apr-20-14 1:32 pm
- Carlsbad among parks with free weekend admission Updated: Apr-20-14 6:14 am
- Interior secretary pays visit to Crater Lake Updated: Apr-19-14 6:49 pm
- Crater Lake's annual snowfall gradually declining Updated: Apr-19-14 3:20 pm
- Fish found with mercury in remote Western regions Updated: Apr-17-14 4:28 pm
- Famous Los Angeles mountain lion exposed to poison Updated: Apr-17-14 11:37 am
- Acting Cumberland Island chief to stay permanently Updated: Apr-17-14 10:58 am
- 2 national parks in SD to increase tour fees Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 pm
- Seabird from Atlantic spotted on Alcatraz Updated: Apr-16-14 2:20 pm
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded Updated: Apr-16-14 2:19 pm
- Belgian head of Congo's Virunga park shot Updated: Apr-16-14 11:00 am
- Correction: Charleston-World Heritage story Updated: Apr-16-14 10:37 am
- Utah Symphony to play for free in national parks Updated: Apr-16-14 6:13 am
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park free this weekend Updated: Apr-16-14 5:34 am
- River undercutting historic Olympic Park chalet Updated: Apr-14-14 1:53 pm
- Suicide suspected in man's fall in Yosemite Updated: Apr-14-14 8:37 am
- Study looks at Old Faithful area and development Updated: Apr-13-14 3:52 pm
- Donor gives $2.2 million for park centers Updated: Apr-12-14 4:28 pm
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 19, 2014
RUTLAND, Vermont - Green Mountain National Forest is planning fires this spring to treat about 300 to 400 acres of national forest land in Vermont.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Rangeland outside of Badlands National Park has become contested territory.
GATLINBURG, Tennessee - Students from Gatlinburg-Pittman High School have created a watercolor landscape project on national parks, and the prints are being displayed to the public.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Conservation groups filed a lawsuit Monday to block the sale of a portion of the Elliott State Forest to a private timber company.
"A Window on Eternity" (Simon & Schuster), by Edward O. Wilson
CHESTERTON, Indiana - Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Indiana Dunes State Park have much more than just sand, and new programs at both destinations aim to introduce visitors to the parks' diversity.
CASPER, Wyoming - Each spring, a herd of mule deer leaves the Red Desert and follows a trail of greening grass and retreating snow along the western slope of the Wind River Range. Months later, the animals arrive in the Hoback Basin south of Jackson, more than 150 miles away.
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Those looking to save some money Easter weekend and are near a national park may want to consider a trip.
CRATER LAKE NATONAL PARK, Oregon - Interior Secretary Sally Jewell visited Crater Lake National Park on Saturday to mark the beginning of National Park Week.
SALEM, Oregon - You wouldn't know it from appearances, but Oregon's only national park has been losing snow.
FRESNO, California - Federal scientists have found high amounts of mercury in sport fish caught in remote areas of national parks in the West and Alaska, according to a study released Thursday.
LOS ANGELES - A mountain lion that appeared strong and healthy when it was photographed as it ruled a wilderness park in the middle of Los Angeles has been exposed to rat poison and is suffering from mange, officials said.
CUMBERLAND ISLAND, Georgia - The National Park Service says its acting superintendent on Cumberland Island will keep the job on a permanent basis.
CUSTER, South Dakota - Visitors will have to pay more to tour the two National Park Service caves in the Black Hills starting April 30.
ALCATRAZ ISLAND, California - Biologists have flocked to Alcatraz Island to get a glimpse of a seabird that is believed to have never previously visited the waters of the Pacific.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Belgian royal who, as director of a vast national park in eastern Congo has defended endangered mountain gorillas and other animals from poachers and the forests from illegal logging, was shot and seriously wounded as he drove through the park, officials said Wednesday.
DAKAR, Senegal - The Belgian director of Africa's oldest national park, a reserve in conflict-ridden eastern Congo, has been shot and seriously wounded but his condition is improving, park officials said.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - In a story April 7 about Charleston seeking World Heritage status, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Charleston's application must be submitted to the National Park Service by January 2016. That date is only a target for completing the application, not a deadline.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Symphony has announced it will play against southern Utah's soaring red rocks and canyons this August.
MEDORA, North Dakota - Nature enthusiasts can get an early-season look at Theodore Roosevelt National Park this weekend for free.
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The East Fork of the Quinault River is moving faster than plans to save the historic Enchanted Valley Chalet in Olympic National Park.
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, California - Authorities say suicide is suspected in the death of a man who apparently jumped from the top of a popular climbing spot in Yosemite National Park.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - A new study on the geology and hydrology in the area around Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park provides suggestions on how to avoid harming the famous geyser.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Great Smoky Mountains National Park has received one of its largest cash donations ever, a $2.2 million gift from an anonymous donor.