- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal Updated: May-05-16 5:04 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - Jaromir Jagr is returning to the Florida Panthers.
- NHL coaching carousel 'spinning out of control' Updated: May-05-16 2:53 pm
Bob Hartley watched bosses come and go three times as coach of the Calgary Flames. He will need one more general manager to believe in him to stay in the NHL.
- Blues' Upshall, Hitchcock keep nervous eye on Canadian fire Updated: May-04-16 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Scottie Upshall has numerous family members who live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, including a brother and his fiancee, plus aunts, uncles and nieces.
- Predators beat Sharks 4-1, pull within 2-1 in series Updated: May-04-16 1:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators finally figured out how to shut down the NHL's best road team and a pretty potent power play. As a result, they have given themselves a chance to tie their second-round series.
- Boyle's OT goal lifts Lightning past Islanders 5-4 in Game 3 Updated: May-04-16 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Brian Boyle delivered a hard hit and then took advantage of a lucky carom to get the Tampa Bay Lightning a big playoff win.
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Pavelski leads Sharks to playoff wins in year 1 as captain Updated: May-02-16 4:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Pavelski's transformation as an NHL player can be illustrated by the evolution of his nicknames.
- Pavelski's late goal gives Sharks 3-2 win over Predators Updated: May-02-16 12:12 am
SAN JOSE, California - The Nashville Predators frustrated Joe Pavelski and San Jose's top line for much of the night, forcing turnovers, blocking shots and limiting chances.
- Blues even series on Backes' OT game-winner, beat Stars 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 11:41 pm
DALLAS - David Backes gave the St. Louis Blues a big gift on his 32nd birthday, with another overtime goal to go home even.
- Down a man after Orpik hit, Pens top Caps 2-1; series 1-all Updated: May-01-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - Already down a game in their second-round playoff series, Kris Letang and the Pittsburgh Penguins suddenly were down a man, too, on Saturday night, when Olli Maatta was leveled by a high hit from Washington's Brooks Orpik less than 5 minutes in.
- Ducks accept blame for Boudreau firing after playoff ouster Updated: Apr-30-16 8:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The start, not the finish, cost Bruce Boudreau his job with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Ducks fire coach Bruce Boudreau after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-29-16 4:27 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks fired coach Bruce Boudreau on Friday, two days after the four-time Pacific Division champions' first-round exit from the playoffs.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Metro staying open an hour later for Capitals playoff game Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
- Predators edge Ducks 2-1 in Game 7, advance to 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 am
- Elliott, Pietrangelo, rookies key to Blues breakthrough Updated: Apr-27-16 3:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - Looking for reasons why the St. Louis Blues were able to break through and win a playoff series for the first time since 2012, it's easy to start at goaltender.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.
- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- Winds of change coming to Rangers after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-26-16 4:57 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Change is coming to the New York Rangers, and it probably will hit the core group that carried the team deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs the past two seasons.
- Brouwer puts Blues over top, Blackhawks eliminated Updated: Apr-26-16 12:51 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues acquired Troy Brouwer for moments like this, dealing fan favorite T.J. Oshie to Washington for some badly needed veteran presence.
- Predators force franchise's 1st Game 7, beat Ducks 3-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - By treating their elimination game like a Game 7, the Nashville Predators finally have pushed a playoff series to a seventh game.
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Just as it has in every season since winning it all in 1975, Philadelphia heads home without a Stanley Cup.
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Updated: Apr-25-16 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' long playoff drought is over.