- Bruins top Red Wings 4-1, even series at 1-1 Updated: Apr-20-14 7:53 pm
- Stars home, ready for return of playoffs to Dallas Updated: Apr-19-14 7:02 pm
- Column: no April, May or June Madness in NBA Updated: Apr-19-14 3:42 am
- Detroit gains home-ice advantage, tops Boston 1-0 Updated: Apr-19-14 3:15 am
- Ryan Getzlaf leads Ducks past Stars 3-2 in Game 2 Updated: Apr-19-14 1:57 am
- Canadiens top Lightning again for 2-0 series lead Updated: Apr-18-14 11:33 pm
- LA Kings stay calm after opening defensive debacle Updated: Apr-18-14 7:11 pm
- Hertl has impressive playoff debut for Sharks Updated: Apr-18-14 5:28 pm
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in 3 OTs Updated: Apr-18-14 3:50 am
- Smith brothers to meet in playoffs for 1st time Updated: Apr-18-14 3:35 am
- Stastny leads Avs to 5-4 OT win over Wild Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- Stastny leads Avs to 5-4 OT win over Wild Updated: Apr-18-14 2:26 am
- Power briefly goes out ahead of Sharks-Kings game Updated: Apr-17-14 10:20 pm
- Suns join list of 'best' teams to miss playoffs Updated: Apr-17-14 7:12 pm
- Oshie ruled out for Blues playoff opener Updated: Apr-17-14 5:17 pm
- Now with Pens' attention, Jackets prep for Game 2 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:21 pm
- Anaheim Ducks hold off Stars 4-3 in series opener Updated: Apr-17-14 3:53 am
- Winnipeg signs coach Paul Maurice to 4-year deal Updated: Apr-16-14 8:51 pm
- Bruins' Bergeron gets boost from Olympics Updated: Apr-16-14 4:45 pm
- Torres uncertain for playoff opener Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Hoisting the Cup without a hot goalie hard to do Updated: Apr-15-14 6:21 pm
- Flyers goalie Steve Mason iffy for playoffs Updated: Apr-15-14 6:12 pm
- Oshie, Morrow practice for Blues Updated: Apr-15-14 5:24 pm
- Blue Jackets don't mind all those who doubt them Updated: Apr-15-14 5:13 pm
- Flyers turn worst start into postseason berth Updated: Apr-14-14 8:44 pm
BOSTON - Two power-play goals and stingy penalty killing ended the Boston Bruins' offensive drought and tied their playoff series.
DALLAS - The Dallas Stars are back home after a week on the road, where they lost twice to Anaheim to start a first-round playoff series.
ATLANTA - If the playoff-bound Atlanta Hawks were in any other sport, they might have a glimmer of hope for winning a championship.
ANAHEIM, California - Ryan Getzlaf wore the strain all over his exhausted face. In the past 51 hours or so, he had taken a slap shot to the jaw, attended the birth of his third child and propelled the Anaheim Ducks to two gritty playoff victories.
TAMPA, Florida - The Montreal Canadiens are gaining confidence with every playoff victory.
EL SEGUNDO, California - Jonathan Quick realizes that even the NHL's best defensive team is powerless against a few bad bounces of the puck.
ST. LOUIS - In the first period, Ryan Miller looked like the goalie who limped home 0-5. For the final 80 minutes, 26 seconds, the St. Louis Blues saw the cool, confident backstop they acquired to make the deep playoff run they've long sought.
TORONTO - Growing up in Toronto's Mimico neighborhood, Brendan and Reilly Smith never played organized hockey together. Just everything else.
DENVER - Paul Stastny sweated out the trade deadline, wondering if his big, expiring contract and Colorado's desire to beef up its blue line might lead to his departure from Denver.
DENVER - Patrick Roy showed as much boldness behind the bench as he once did as a Hall of Fame goaltender.
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns are the "best team not to make the playoffs."
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues have ruled out forward T.J. Oshie for their playoff opener against the Chicago Blackhawks, but Vladimir Tarasenko is set to return after missing 15 games with a broken thumb.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets don't feel they're doomed after blowing a two-goal lead in a Game 1 loss of their first-round Stanley Cup playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Coach Paul Maurice has been given a four-year extension by the Winnipeg Jets.
SAN JOSE, California - Raffi Torres is making progress but it's still unclear whether he'll play for the San Jose Sharks in their playoff opener Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
The NHL playoffs have arrived, which means it's time for the goalies to get going.
VOORHEES, New Jersey - Steve Mason kept the Philadelphia Flyers afloat when they struggled early in the season. Now they may have to start the playoffs without their No. 1 goalie.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues are getting closer to the lineup that set a franchise record for victories and challenged for first place overall, instead of the patchwork roster that lost six in a row to finish the regular season.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets don't mind all the doubters.
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers turned the worst start in team history all the way into another playoff berth.