- Billings treatment center receives grant for inmate program Updated: Oct-03-15 5:08 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings addiction treatment center has received a multi-year federal grant to help fund treatment and transitional living for recently released inmates.
- Hillary Clinton says more substance abuse treatment needed Updated: Oct-01-15 6:15 pm
BOSTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday that treatment for drug and alcohol addiction should be on a par with diabetes, cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions.
- Opiate addiction treatment center to open in Bennington Updated: Oct-01-15 11:44 am
BENNINGTON, Vermont - A new opiate addiction treatment center will be opening in Bennington later this month.
- Bed shortage addressed for substance abuse treatment centers Updated: Oct-01-15 10:57 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state Department of Health and Human Services is changing licensing requirements for residential drug and alcohol treatment centers to address a statewide shortage of beds.
- State to lower room size requirement for treatment centers Updated: Sep-30-15 4:39 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Residential drug treatment centers struggling to meet the room size requirements needed for a license will soon get a break from the state.
- In New Hampshire, substance abuse at center of 2016 campaign Updated: Sep-30-15 3:29 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - In town halls and meet-and-greets in Iowa and New Hampshire, voters are using their access to presidential hopefuls to raise painful and often deeply personal concerns about drug abuse.
- State to hand out free Narcan to prevent overdose deaths Updated: Sep-29-15 3:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Thirteen health centers across the state can now hand out free kits of the opioid overdose reversal drug naloxone as part of a statewide effort to combat an escalating drug abuse problem, state officials said Tuesday.
- Hancock grand jury seeks grants for drug rehabilitation Updated: Sep-28-15 5:28 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - A Hancock County grand jury has recommended the Board of Supervisors seek grants to help build a drug and alcohol facility and family-friendly recreational opportunities.
- Easter Seals plans 62-bed expansion for drug treatment Updated: Sep-21-15 4:55 pm
FRANKLIN, New Hampshire - Responding to the state's growing opiate and heroin abuse problem, Easter Seals plans to open 62 new treatment beds in Franklin.
- Universal Health Services buying Foundations for $350M Updated: Sep-18-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - Universal Health Services, one of the largest hospital operators in the U.S., said Friday it will buy addiction treatment facility company Foundations Recovery Network for $350 million.
- Indiana panel hears state lacks help for drug addicts Updated: Sep-17-15 3:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A psychiatrist told a task force studying Indiana's drug abuse troubles that the state lacks the trained personnel needed to provide treatment for those addicted to drugs.
- Owners of proposed Monument methadone clinic sue town Updated: Sep-05-15 11:32 am
MONUMENT, Colorado - A drug treatment center is suing the town of Monument for revoking approval of its business license and imposing a moratorium on companies providing drugs or drug dependency treatment.
- Near LA's Koreatown, pastor tries to lift veil on drug abuse Updated: Sep-04-15 4:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a blue-and-white church on the outskirts of Los Angeles' Koreatown, pastor Young Ho Han is trying to lift the veil on a problem silently afflicting his community: drug abuse among young Korean-Americans.