- Investigator wants tougher legislative ethics laws Updated: Apr-18-14 4:49 pm
- A nutty finale for 'Scandal,' TV's craziest show Updated: Apr-18-14 12:55 pm
- Hotel magnate, Democratic fundraiser pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 pm
- Traffic scandal firm donated to Christie-led group Updated: Apr-16-14 9:16 am
- Montreal mayor looks to NYC for anti-graft advice Updated: Apr-15-14 11:46 pm
- Lawyer: Kramer to plead not guilty to sex assault Updated: Apr-14-14 3:01 pm
- Legislation targeting Okla. judiciary stirs debate Updated: Apr-13-14 3:43 pm
- Christie gets extension in lane closures lawsuit Updated: Apr-12-14 5:40 pm
- Disappointment, forgiveness mix in La. scandal Updated: Apr-12-14 2:42 pm
- McAllister video scandal revives talk of Vitter Updated: Apr-11-14 4:37 pm
- San Diego campaign scandal sees second guilty plea Updated: Apr-10-14 8:45 pm
- Women give Grimes blessing to keep donation Updated: Apr-10-14 12:02 pm
- Mexico congressmen charge mayors for federal funds Updated: Apr-10-14 12:04 am
- AP source: GOP chair pushes McAllister resignation Updated: Apr-09-14 8:58 pm
- Ex-FBI agent, litigator vie to face Ohio's Kasich Updated: Apr-08-14 9:32 am
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- Indonesia election fever spurs people to vote Updated: Apr-05-14 2:58 am
- Bribery scandal an issue in Lafayette election Updated: Apr-04-14 11:28 am
- Rowland says he's leaving Conn. radio show Updated: Apr-03-14 7:38 pm
- Savings and loan figure Charles Keating dies at 90 Updated: Apr-01-14 11:38 pm
- Secret Service chief seeks to reassure senators Updated: Apr-01-14 8:14 pm
- Report: Madigan influenced Chicago transit hiring Updated: Apr-01-14 3:26 pm
- Israeli court convicts ex-PM Olmert of bribery Updated: Mar-31-14 3:58 pm
- DeWeese released after corruption sentence Updated: Mar-30-14 12:16 pm
- Wisconsin lawmaker charged with sexual assault Updated: Mar-28-14 10:46 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Job recommendations and university application referrals from Illinois lawmakers should be tracked and publicized after clout-related scandals at the University of Illinois and the Metra transit agency, the General Assembly's top ethics officer said Friday.
NEW YORK - "Scandal" is arguably the nuttiest show on the air. But there's a method to its madness, demonstrated every week with OMG intensity.
NEW YORK - A wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who supported Hilary Clinton for president pleaded guilty Thursday to charges he secretly funneled more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions to three unnamed candidates and coached someone to lie about it.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The law firm that concluded New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had no involvement in shutting down traffic lanes for political retribution has given $10,000 to a national political group where he is chairman.
NEW YORK - Montreal's mayor sought to convince Manhattan business leaders Tuesday that his administration is moving past the corruption scandals that brought down his two predecessors and have become the "elephant in the room" when trying to lure investment to Canada's second largest city.
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - State Rep. Bill Kramer will plead not guilty next month to charges that he groped a woman's breasts after a Republican fundraiser, his attorney told reporters Monday following Kramer's initial court appearance.
OKLAHOMA CITY - For the first time since a bribery scandal rocked Oklahoma's Supreme Court 50 years ago, state lawmakers are considering tinkering with the way Supreme Court justices and appellate court judges are selected.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie and other defendants will get more time to file their responses to two lawsuits related to the September lane closures at the George Washington Bridge that are central to a traffic jam scandal threatening the Republican governor's political ambitions.
MONROE, Louisiana - To Louisiana voters accustomed to tawdry scandals involving elected officials, disappointment with an eye toward forgiveness is the prevailing sentiment about their new congressman, caught on video embracing an aide married to one of his friends.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The outcries from Louisiana Republican leaders calling for Rep. Vance McAllister to resign after he was caught on video kissing a married woman stand in sharp contrast to the muted GOP response seven years ago during Sen. David Vitter's prostitution scandal.
SAN DIEGO - A luxury car dealer on Thursday became the second person to plead guilty in a case alleging that a Mexican businessman illegally funneled more than $500,000 to support San Diego politicians, including $120,000 to back former Mayor Bob Filner.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two women at the center of a sexual harassment scandal told U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes to keep a $250 campaign donation from a former Democratic lawmaker accused of sexually harassing the two women at the state Capitol.
MEXICO CITY - The mayor of the central Mexico city of Celaya thought he was having a private conversation when he told his staff that congressmen were requiring him to inflate a paving contract by 35 percent in exchange for $12.2 million in federal public works money.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Captured on tape kissing another man's wife, a married Republican congressman was urged Wednesday by the leader of the Louisiana GOP to resign from the seat he's only held since November.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democrat Ed FitzGerald faces a primary challenge in May from Larry Ealy (EE'-lee), a challenger of the establishment - particularly judges and police - who's filed dozens of lawsuits in Ohio courts.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Doni Wilson, a 38-year-old Jakarta taxi driver, has voted only once in his life and swore he'd never do it again after feeling a huge letdown by Indonesia's current president.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - In a letter mailed to residents, the District Attorney for Lafayette, Vermilion and Acadia parishes apologizes for the involvement of three of his employees in a bribery scheme.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Connecticut Gov. John G. Rowland, identified in federal court as a co-conspirator in a campaign finance fraud case, signed off from his afternoon radio talk show Thursday, saying he's leaving the station to "take care of some personal issues."
PHOENIX - Charles H. Keating Jr., the notorious financier who served prison time and was disgraced for his role in the costliest savings and loan failure of the 1980s, has died. He was 90.
WASHINGTON - The latest embarrassing episode involving a drunken Secret Service agent overseas for a presidential trip was an isolated incident, Secret Service Director Julia Pierson said Tuesday.
CHICAGO - A task force asked to scrutinize metropolitan Chicago's transit agencies said it found evidence that House Speaker Michael Madigan directed Metra to hire and promote certain candidates, contributing to an environment in which corruption and mismanagement could flourish.
JERUSALEM - An Israeli court on Monday convicted ex-Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in a high-profile bribery case, crushing his hopes for a political comeback and setting the stage for him to become the first Israeli premier to go to prison.
PHILADELPHIA - Former state Rep. Bill DeWeese was released from prison Sunday after finishing his sentence for political corruption.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Prosecutors charged former Wisconsin Assembly Majority Leader Bill Kramer on Friday with sexually assaulting a political aide three years ago following a Republican mixer.