- Scandals prompt ethics bills from Senate Democrats Updated: Mar-06-14 8:19 pm
- Committee postpones complaint against senator Updated: Mar-05-14 6:48 pm
- AP Exclusive: Va. executive mansion in disarray Updated: Mar-05-14 5:42 pm
- Sandy victims seek Christie counsel at town hall Updated: Mar-04-14 3:42 pm
- Pressler 'American Hustle' ad to air during Oscars Updated: Feb-28-14 5:04 pm
- Judge rules that run for office violates probation Updated: Feb-27-14 6:43 pm
- Ex-Martin mayor convicted of disability fraud Updated: Feb-27-14 7:20 am
- Trump: Christie will move past scandals Updated: Feb-26-14 10:37 pm
- Convicted Trenton, NJ, mayor removed from office Updated: Feb-26-14 3:53 pm
- Lawsuit from 2009 Portland mayor scandal dismissed Updated: Feb-26-14 2:02 pm
- US Supreme Court refuses to stop Mo. execution Updated: Feb-26-14 12:23 am
- Parole looms for 2 convicted ex-Pa. House speakers Updated: Feb-25-14 4:28 pm
- Former Va. first lady at heart of gift scandal Updated: Feb-23-14 11:11 am
- NJ's Christie keeps low profile as Dems attack Updated: Feb-22-14 4:33 pm
- Emails pose problem for Wisconsin governor Updated: Feb-21-14 4:36 pm
- NY woman convicted of making threat to President Updated: Feb-21-14 3:04 am
- Christie hears from storm victims at town hall Updated: Feb-20-14 3:58 pm
- Joe Paterno's son running for lt. governor in Pa. Updated: Feb-20-14 2:04 pm
- Robocall conspirator files for state Senate seat Updated: Feb-20-14 1:10 pm
- Ex-Christie aide gets post at Port Authority Updated: Feb-20-14 11:28 am
- Ohio governor hopeful touts county fiscal record Updated: Feb-19-14 5:01 pm
- Era of new Penn St leader begins amid challenges Updated: Feb-18-14 5:04 pm
- Broker Marc Correra pleas in tax evasion case Updated: Feb-17-14 7:07 pm
- Mo. Senate to hear from wrongfully convicted man Updated: Feb-17-14 9:28 am
- Competition for presidency heats up staid Algeria Updated: Feb-15-14 6:02 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Stung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers on Thursday proposed tightening rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
SACRAMENTO, California - A legislative committee has postponed for at least a week its consideration of an attempt to expel a Democratic state senator who is awaiting sentencing on perjury and voter fraud charges.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The National Governors Association convention was fast approaching, promising an important stage for her politically ascendant husband. Organizers were pressing Gov. Bob McDonnell for details on his wife's part of the agenda, and he felt she was being distracted.
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - At the latest in a series of town halls, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie heard Tuesday from people who are still kept from their homes 16 months after being driven out by Superstorm Sandy and others frustrated with the pace and expense of storm recovery.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - As "American Hustle" vies for a best picture Oscar Sunday night, former U.S. Sen. Larry Pressler will pop into the Academy Awards broadcast a couple of times to remind South Dakota residents that he was the lone congressman to turn down a bribe in the real-life 1970s Abscam scandal.
BALTIMORE - A judge has ruled that a political consultant convicted in a robocall conspiracy violated his probation by filing to run for state Senate.
MARTIN, Kentucky - A former eastern Kentucky mayor and her daughter have been convicted in a federal disability fraud case.
SOMERSET, New Jersey - Real estate developer Donald Trump told a group of New Jersey Republicans he expects New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to make it through the scandals that are plaguing his administration.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The mayor of New Jersey's capital city was removed from office by a judge Wednesday, 19 days after a jury found him guilty of corruption as part of a government sting.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Court of Appeals affirmed a lower court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a spokesman who resigned during a sex scandal involving former Portland Mayor Sam Adams.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to halt the pending execution of a Missouri inmate who was convicted of abducting, raping and fatally stabbing a Kansas City teenager nearly 25 years ago.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - John Perzel and Bill DeWeese, longtime political adversaries who both served stints as speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, are on the verge of being paroled after serving nearly two years in prison for their roles in a legislative corruption scandal.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Elaine Kubiak finds it impossible to reconcile the social-climbing, bullying and bizarre-acting former first lady of Virginia being portrayed in federal court papers and the media with the woman she's known for two decades.
WASHINGTON - Moving cautiously to repair his image, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is maintaining a low profile this weekend as the nation's governors gather in Washington.
MADISON, Wisconsin - For two years, Republican Gov. Scott Walker, who became a national conservative hero after his confrontation with public employee unions in Wisconsin, has insisted that he didn't know that some of his aides were improperly doing political work on government time when he was the top official in Milwaukee County.
ROCHESTER, New York - A western New York woman has been convicted of threatening to kill President Barack Obama.
MIDDLETOWN, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie, appearing at his first town hall-style meeting since a political payback plot engulfed his administration, heard complaints from residents still displaced by last year's Superstorm Sandy but no gripes from commuters stuck in massive traffic jams manufactured by his aides.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Jay Paterno, son of the late Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, says he's seeking the Democratic Party's nomination for lieutenant governor in Pennsylvania.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A political consultant who was convicted in a robocall conspiracy in the last Maryland governor's election filed to run for a Baltimore state Senate seat on Thursday.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former aide to Gov. Chris Christie who was his liaison to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has now landed a high-level job with the agency.
CLEVELAND - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Ed FitzGerald said Wednesday that his administration has overseen a renaissance in downtown Cleveland construction not seen in a generation - including a new county administration building, convention center, development along Lake Erie and a redesign of Public Square.
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - When Eric Barron was hired this week to be Penn State's next president, he said he hoped to strengthen the institution, starting by learning for himself about conditions at the university where he worked as a professor and dean for 20 years.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A politically connected financial broker at the heart of a state investment scandal paid nearly $329,000 to New Mexico on Monday to resolve a state tax-evasion case.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A state Senate panel is scheduled to hear testimony from a Missouri man who spent 15 years of his life behind bars for a wrongful conviction.
ALGIERS, Algeria - In Algeria, which has been run by a succession of military men for decades, presidential elections often are foregone conclusion. But not this year.