- Key Nigerian governors defect to opposition Updated: Nov-27-13 10:01 am
- C. African Republic: Kony wants to surrender Updated: Nov-21-13 2:56 pm
- Rodman revels in relations with North Korea Updated: Nov-20-13 11:29 pm
- African envoy: Reports indicate LRA's Kony is ill Updated: Nov-20-13 3:51 pm
- Somalia: New militant defectors aid spy service Updated: Nov-13-13 11:33 am
- Who was Lee Harvey Oswald? Many questions linger Updated: Nov-10-13 11:38 am
- Third fire in Tesla Model S reported Updated: Nov-07-13 4:44 pm
- Official: M23 chief, rebels surrender to Uganda Updated: Nov-07-13 1:06 pm
- North Korea says SKorean spy arrested in capital Updated: Nov-07-13 8:16 am
- Can you crowd fund a manhunt for Joseph Kony? Updated: Nov-05-13 11:54 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Five key Nigerian governors have defected to the opposition, in a blow to President Goodluck Jonathan's governing party and its chances for re-election in 2015.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Central African Republic's government said Thursday that Joseph Kony, an accused war criminal hunted by African troops and U.S. advisers, is believed to be in the country's remote southeast and has been talking with the president. U.S. officials and others expressed doubt the reported talks represent a breakthrough in efforts to bring him to justice.
Dennis Rodman wants to belly up to the bar with some friends and order a shot of peace talks.
UNITED NATIONS - The African Union envoy in charge of pursuing the Lord's Resistance Army said Wednesday that many reports indicate its notorious leader Joseph Kony is seriously ill and on the run along the borders of Sudan's western Darfur region and the Central African Republic.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Abdi Ali is awakened by a text message alert asking for urgent help: Five militants on a civilian bus are on the way to Mogadishu.
Within hours of President John F. Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963, most Americans were familiar with the name Lee Harvey Oswald. Certain images of him - posing with a rifle, recoiling from Jack Ruby's gun - have been ingrained in the nation's memory. Yet to this day, he remains an enigma. Some of the questions and answers about him:
DETROIT - A Tesla Model S electric car caught fire this week after hitting road debris on a Tennessee freeway, the third fire in a Model S in the past five weeks.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The top commander of Congo's M23 rebel movement and about 1,700 of his fighters surrendered to Ugandan authorities following defeat by Congolese troops, a Ugandan military official said Thursday.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea's security agency said Thursday it arrested a South Korean spy in Pyongyang who intended to rally anti-government forces, a claim that intelligence officials in Seoul quickly called ridiculous and groundless.
KAMPALA, Uganda - How can you crowd-fund the hunt for a war criminal on the run deep in Africa's jungles? A Canadian adventurer wants to do just that: raise funds and take a small band of former soldiers to find Joseph Kony.