- Objections filed against Idaho, Mont. forest plans Updated: Dec-08-13 4:40 pm
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Fla. Keys Updated: Dec-08-13 4:28 pm
- Forest plan for motorized vehicle use faces suit Updated: Dec-08-13 3:25 pm
- NPS extends public comment period on utility plan Updated: Dec-08-13 11:14 am
- Private donation set to modernize UW Planetarium Updated: Dec-08-13 11:12 am
- Historic fire engine on display in S. Ind. museum Updated: Dec-07-13 4:27 pm
- Ohio amusement park still stays busy in winter Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Ohio amusement park to fill thousands of jobs Updated: Dec-07-13 10:09 am
- Fawcett portrait worth $12M, expert tells jury Updated: Dec-06-13 10:11 pm
- Ranchers oppose SD tribe's plan for bison reserve Updated: Dec-06-13 7:20 pm
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M Updated: Dec-06-13 6:29 pm
- Donor offers $5M to help protect Detroit art Updated: Dec-06-13 6:01 pm
- Rare Pearl Harbor warplane returning to US Updated: Dec-06-13 1:47 pm
- African Art museum in DC invites Mandela tribute Updated: Dec-06-13 6:24 am
- Lights, trees, gingerbread: Holiday events Updated: Dec-05-13 5:08 pm
- Arkansas closures mount as winter storm encroaches Updated: Dec-05-13 4:00 pm
- Yo, Adrian! Rocky devotees set to make tribute run Updated: Dec-05-13 2:49 pm
- Correction: Logging Lawsuit story Updated: Dec-05-13 2:19 pm
- New $4.5M lab battles to save Devil's Hole pupfish Updated: Dec-05-13 2:06 pm
- Made-for-movie model of USS Nevada being restored Updated: Dec-05-13 2:04 pm
- NYC children's museum plans Super Bowl exhibition Updated: Dec-05-13 11:36 am
- Glamorous Victory Belles revive World War II era Updated: Dec-05-13 10:34 am
- Fiji: 5 free things to see from beaches to markets Updated: Dec-05-13 10:07 am
- Canal group wins historical society honor for work Updated: Dec-05-13 9:59 am
- Ban on deer-dog hunting in Kisatchie is upheld Updated: Dec-05-13 6:45 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Hundreds of pages of objections by 60 individuals or organizations have been filed against a U.S. Forest Service draft management plan concerning two national forests with borders stretching into northern Idaho and northwestern Montana.
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Florida - National wildlife officials say 11 whales believed to be part of a pod that was stranded in the Everglades are dead.
LEWISTON, Idaho - Three environmental groups are suing the U.S. Forest Service, contending a travel management plan for the Clearwater National Forest allows too much access for motorized vehicles and hurts wildlife habitat.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - The National Park Service has given the public more time to comment on a plan to improve the electrical power distribution system in Yellowstone National Park.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - University of Wyoming Planetarium visitors will soon be able to warp digitally into deep outer space.
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - Perhaps no equipment is more significant to local history than the 1921 American LaFrance fire engine used in the Great Flood of 1937.
SANDUSKY, Ohio - The roller coasters are silent and last summer's cotton candy is a memory at Cedar Point.
MASON, Ohio - An amusement park in southwest Ohio is now accepting applications for more than 4,000 seasonal jobs next year.
LOS ANGELES - An Andy Warhol portrait of Farrah Fawcett currently held by actor Ryan O'Neal is worth an estimated $12 million, an appraiser told a jury Friday.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Some cattle ranchers on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in southwestern South Dakota are fighting plans for a large bison reserve being pursued by the Oglala Sioux Tribe.
NEW YORK - Like Elvis' no-hips-allowed appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show," or the Beatles' arrival in America, or Woodstock, it is considered one of the milestone moments in rock history: Bob Dylan going electric at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival.
DETROIT - A former Detroit university professor is pledging $5 million, hoping it will spark a wildfire of private financial support to protect valuable art from being sold to pay creditors in the city's bankruptcy.
ALBANY, New York - A Buffalo-built American fighter that's one of the few remaining still-airworthy planes to survive the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor is being donated to a Massachusetts-based organization that flies World War II aircraft at living history events across the nation.
WASHINGTON - The National Museum of African Art in Washington is inviting visitors to sign a condolence book for Nelson Mandela.
NEW YORK - Lights, trees, gingerbread and the Grinch are among the Christmastime attractions on display around the country. Here are some details.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The list of weather-related closures is growing across Arkansas as a winter storm develops over the state.
PHILADELPHIA - Yo, Adrian, Rocky devotees are gonna run now, a grueling tribute to their mythical champ.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - In a story Dec. 3 about a lawsuit challenging a timber sale outside Crater Lake National Park, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of the Loafer timber sale. It is northwest of Diamond Lake, not east of the lake.
LAS VEGAS - Three fish the color of a dingy dime, only smaller, hover near the bottom of tanks No. 6 and 7 at a new research facility 90 miles west of Las Vegas.
RENO, Nevada - From the time Nevada's namesake battleship, the USS Nevada, was launched in 1914, it has held a special place in the hearts of the state's residents.
NEW YORK - The Children's Museum of Manhattan has a special Super Bowl exhibition opening in January.
NEW ORLEANS - Decked out in 1940s throwback tailored dresses and perfectly coiffed curls, the Victory Belles seem delightfully out of place in the age of hip-hop.
SUVA, Fiji - With its white sand beaches, tropical climate and relaxed pace, Fiji has rightfully earned a reputation as a South Pacific paradise. But it's the friendliness of the people that makes traveling in these islands a real delight. You'll quickly learn the ubiquitous word "bula" (pronounced boolah) which means hello and is usually accompanied with a broad smile.
DELPHI, Indiana - Sounds of a chainsaw, hammers and men chiding each other fill the air in the Wabash & Erie Canal Park in this Carroll County city.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The U.S. District Court has upheld the U.S. Forest Service's ban on hunting deer with dogs in the Kisatchie National Forest in a ruling on Nov. 27.