- Few original Brownback cabinet secretaries remain Updated: Oct-13-15 10:53 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Dennis Taylor throws on a headset and begins the call.
- Ducey appoints ex-Speaker Tobin to new cabinet post Updated: Oct-09-15 3:01 am
PHOENIX - Former Arizona House Speaker Andy Tobin has been named to another cabinet-level post in Gov. Doug Ducey's administration.
- Ex-transportation secretary enters race for Vermont governor Updated: Oct-06-15 7:16 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Former Transportation Secretary Sue Minter on Tuesday launched her bid for the 2016 Democratic gubernatorial nomination, saying she believes Vermont's greatest challenges are also its greatest opportunities.
- Nigeria Senate names 20 nominees for president's new Cabinet Updated: Oct-06-15 12:33 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's Senate announced 20 nominees for the Cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, representing all regions of this West African nation but only three women in a team expected to fight endemic corruption.
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan steps down after 7-year term Updated: Oct-02-15 6:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Arne Duncan, who followed President Barack Obama to Washington to serve as his education secretary, announced Friday he will step down following a seven-year tenure marked by a willingness to plunge head-on into the heated debate about the government's role in education.
- Nigerian president also plans to be oil minister Updated: Sep-30-15 3:55 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, who has promised to fight corruption embedded in the oil industry, plans to be the Cabinet minister in charge of the oil sector, a spokesman said Wednesday.
- Beshear plans to appoint another minority to UofL board Updated: Sep-29-15 5:56 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear's administration violated state law with his appointments that left racial minorities underrepresented on the University of Louisville's governing board, according to an opinion from Attorney General Jack Conway's office Tuesday.
- Diplomats jostle to lay out position on how to end Syria war Updated: Sep-24-15 4:32 pm
PARIS - Europe's top diplomats, the United States and Russia jostled to lay out their positions Thursday on how best to end the civil war in Syria, which has sent millions fleeing their homes and killed thousands.
- Australia's new prime minster receives opinion poll boost Updated: Sep-21-15 9:56 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's new prime minister received a boost from a respected opinion poll on Tuesday, but the fallout lingers from a bitter party battle as the leader he ousted has attacked the credibility of his new treasurer.
- Gay marriage fight shifts as politicians spy an opportunity Updated: Sep-20-15 10:55 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Politicians who may have thought they wouldn't have to say much at all about gay marriage once the U.S. Supreme Court effectively legalized it now must answer a different question: Do you support Kim Davis?