- Goddard files to run for secretary of state Updated: Mar-06-14 3:11 pm
- Texas Democrats pick Houston for attorney general Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Kentucky Senate OKs Cabinet change Updated: Feb-25-14 9:01 pm
- Congress signals tough fight for Pentagon plan Updated: Feb-25-14 4:49 pm
- NM Senate confirms environment secretary Updated: Feb-18-14 7:02 pm
- Records: Ohio gov aides knew of pro-drilling plan Updated: Feb-18-14 5:16 pm
- Bill to make Utah AG an appointee advances Updated: Feb-17-14 3:28 pm
- Hanna Skandera nomination stalls in committee Updated: Feb-17-14 2:16 pm
- Shirley Temple won praise in diplomatic career Updated: Feb-11-14 7:46 am
- Scandal may hurt Christie's ability to push agenda Updated: Feb-09-14 2:56 pm
- Hagel seeks answers to military ethics crisis Updated: Feb-07-14 4:34 pm
- Senate defeats proposal to elect attorney general Updated: Feb-05-14 1:09 pm
PHOENIX - Former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard officially became a candidate Thursday for the Democratic nomination for secretary of state.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated Houston attorney Sam Houston for state attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State lawmakers' influence over the governor's Cabinet for Health and Family Services would increase under a bill passed by the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers signaled a difficult battle ahead for the Obama administration's plan to dramatically overhaul the nation's military, voicing opposition Tuesday to proposed cuts in benefit packages, long-standing weapons programs and bases that mean money and jobs across America.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Senate on Tuesday endorsed Gov. Susana Martinez's environmental manager over the objections of some lawmakers and public-interest groups who questioned his role in the crafting of regulations they will allow groundwater pollution by copper mines.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Top advisers to Republican Gov. John Kasich knew the Ohio Department of Natural Resources planned to discredit environmental groups and two lawmakers while promoting drilling in state parks and forests in 2012, new records show.
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal to change Utah's attorney general from an elected office to an appointed position is moving forward at the Legislature this session.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The nomination of Hanna Skandera as Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's secretary of education stalled on Monday, but she will continue to serve in her cabinet-level job.
NEW YORK - Shirley Temple got her first ambassador appointment after Secretary of State Henry Kissinger heard her discussing Namibia at a party and, in her words, was "surprised that I even knew the word."
TRENTON, New Jersey - This is the year Chris Christie was planning to be more than just New Jersey's governor. Yet it turns out that high-profile investigations into his administration and campaign operation in a political payback case could make advancing his agenda a challenge.
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Friday he sees no simple answer to why the U.S. military is suffering so many ethical lapses, but he vowed to get to the bottom of a trend of embarrassing disclosures.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Senate on Wednesday defeated an effort to change the Tennessee constitution to require the popular election of the attorney general.