- Christie taps chief of staff O'Dowd for AG's job Updated: Dec-02-13 7:03 pm
- Kan. Gov. appoints new ag director Updated: Dec-02-13 1:28 pm
- Lawmakers boot Somalia prime minister from office Updated: Dec-02-13 12:50 pm
- Senate committee OKs Homeland Security nominee Updated: Nov-20-13 11:33 am
- Argentine president back at work, shuffles Cabinet Updated: Nov-18-13 9:41 pm
- Va. governor-elect reappoints finance chief Updated: Nov-18-13 3:42 pm
- Bennett to kick off race for Arizona governor Updated: Nov-12-13 8:27 am
- Sen. Graham not backing down on Benghazi demands Updated: Nov-10-13 9:56 pm
- AG candidate Smitherman: Aborted would vote GOP Updated: Nov-09-13 4:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is nominating his chief of staff to be the state's next attorney general.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback has named a deputy Kansas secretary of agriculture to lead the department.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Lawmakers in Somalia voted Monday to oust the country's prime minister and his Cabinet after 14 months in office.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Department of Homeland Security Department is one step closer to joining the Cabinet after winning support from a Senate committee.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - President Cristina Fernandez returned to work Monday after six weeks of rest from skull surgery, and quickly remade her Cabinet with appointments suggesting she may tighten her grip on the economy and take an even harder line in Argentine debt negotiations.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe reappointed Ric Brown to the state's finance chief Monday and named three veteran Democratic policy advisers to top administration posts.
PHOENIX - Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett plans to formally announce his candidacy for governor.
WASHINGTON - A Republican senator said Sunday he won't back down from blocking President Barack Obama's nominees for Federal Reserve chairman and homeland security secretary in a long-running dispute over the deadly attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas attorney general hopeful Barry Smitherman turned some heads when he suggested this summer that many aborted fetuses might have voted Republican had they been born.