- South Sudan forms new coalition government of national unity Updated: Apr-29-16 12:04 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's leaders have formed a transitional coalition government bringing together politicians from the government and the armed opposition who have been at war for two and a half years.
- Senate confirms Obama's pick to be ambassador to Mexico Updated: Apr-28-16 8:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday confirmed President Barack Obama's nominee to be U.S. ambassador to Mexico, clearing the way for the first woman to hold what is considered to be one of the country's most important diplomatic posts.
- Biden presses Iraq to not let political chaos upend gains Updated: Apr-28-16 5:39 pm
BAGHDAD - Vice President Joe Biden pressed Iraq on Thursday not to let its crippling political crisis upend hard-fought gains against the Islamic State group as he returned to the country that's come to symbolize America's relentless struggles in the Middle East.
- Trump, Clinton win Pennsylvania; Dems tap McGinty for Senate Updated: Apr-27-16 1:31 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton came away big winners in Pennsylvania's presidential primaries Tuesday, as Democrats backed their party establishment's choice for U.S. Senate and an indicted Philadelphia-area congressman lost his bid for a 12th term.
- Campaign trail traffic heavy ahead of Pennsylvania primary Updated: Apr-25-16 8:17 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Presidential candidates campaigned Monday from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia in a last-ditch bid for votes in Pennsylvania's first competitive Republican primary in decades.
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- Rep. Schaeffer resigns, Chaudhuri appointed in Senate Updated: Apr-22-16 4:55 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - There have been more comings and goings at the North Carolina General Assembly before this year's work session begins on Monday.
- Argentine foreign minister questioned on being next UN chief Updated: Apr-20-16 7:51 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Argentina's Foreign Minister Susanna Malcorra said Wednesday that whether she is nominated as a candidate to be the next secretary-general of the United Nations "is in the hands of my president."
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Koster keeps fundraising edge over GOP rivals for governor Updated: Apr-15-16 9:29 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Democratic Attorney General Chris Koster's most recent fundraising has exceeded the combined total of all his Republican opponents in the race for Missouri governor, reports filed Friday with the Missouri Ethics Commission show.
- AP Explains: Why Brazilian president faces impeachment Updated: Apr-15-16 12:59 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is facing possible impeachment by Congress, with the lower Chamber of Deputies expected to vote on the measure on Sunday. The effort comes amid an angry public mood over the South American nation's worst recession in decades and a big bribery scandal at the state oil company Petrobras, yet it is not tied to either of those. AP explains what's behind the movement to oust her, and how it could play out:
- Dayton appoints top staffer to economic development post Updated: Apr-14-16 1:06 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton's economic development chief is stepping down.
- Christie aide who testified during bridge hearings resigns Updated: Apr-06-16 6:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's top aide, who told a legislative committee she wasn't sure when she deleted text messages she exchanged with him about the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal, is stepping down.
- Veterans Affairs secretary to address Robert Morris grads Updated: Apr-06-16 8:22 am
CORAOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - The U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs will address graduates of Robert Morris University near Pittsburgh.