- Dutch peacekeepers still suffer stigma after Srebrenica Updated: Jul-07-15 2:29 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Rob Zomer has heard the comments many times over: You're cowards, killers. How could you stand there and do nothing?
- Serbia presses Russia to veto Srebrenica massacre resolution Updated: Jul-07-15 12:13 am
UNITED NATIONS - Serbia is pressing Russia to use its veto Tuesday against a British-drafted resolution marking the 20th anniversary of the 1995 massacre of some 8,000 Muslim men and boys at Srebrenica during the Bosnian war which condemns the killings as a crime of genocide.
- Service held in UK to remember Srebrenica massacre victims Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
LONDON - Days before the 20th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre, hundreds of Bosnians and Britons attended a memorial service at Westminster Abbey on Monday to remember the more than 8,000 male Muslim victims.
- Report: Serbs ask Russia to veto UN resolution on Srebrenica Updated: Jul-04-15 11:58 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia on Saturday asked Russia to veto a British U.N. Security Council resolution that would call the massacre of some 8,000 Muslim men and boys during the Bosnian war in Srebrenica genocide.
- Srebrenica survivor brings solace in quest for human bones Updated: Jul-03-15 7:19 am
SREBRENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Day after day, Ramiz Nukic goes into the woods around Srebrenica in search of a tragic quarry: human bones.
- 2 former Khmer Rouge leaders appeal convictions Updated: Jul-02-15 6:55 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - The two surviving senior leaders of Cambodia's former Khmer Rouge regime launched appeals Thursday of their convictions by a U.N.-backed tribunal that sentenced them to life in prison for their roles during the group's brutal rule in the 1970s.
- Russia won't call Srebrenica a genocide but many others do Updated: Jul-01-15 6:31 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Western nations and Russia may be dueling over whether the U.N. Security Council should call the Srebrenica massacre during the Bosnian war an act of genocide but at Wednesday's General Assembly commemoration of the 20th anniversary of Europe's worst mass killing since World War II there was no doubt.
- Srebrenica divided as ever as Serbs put up anti-EU posters Updated: Jun-28-15 11:53 am
SREBRENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Less than two weeks before the Srebrenica massacre's 20th anniversary, Muslims and Eastern Orthodox Serbs in the Bosnian town are as divided as ever.
- Rwandan general refuses extradition to Spain from UK Updated: Jun-25-15 1:58 pm
LONDON - A Rwandan military general who heads the country's intelligence service refused to be extradited to Spain at a hearing Thursday in a London court, setting the stage for a prolonged legal fight.
- Rwandans protest outside UK mission over detained general Updated: Jun-24-15 12:22 pm
KIGALI, Rwanda - Hundreds of people demonstrated outside the British diplomatic mission in Rwanda on Wednesday, saying they will not return home until a general detained in the UK is set free.
- Rwandan general arrested in the UK on Spain's behalf Updated: Jun-23-15 8:25 am
LONDON - A Rwandan military general was arrested at London's Heathrow Airport and will appear in court later this week, British police said Tuesday, prompting an angry response from Rwandan leaders.
- Prosecutors call new witnesses in Mladic genocide case Updated: Jun-22-15 7:15 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Prosecutors reopened their case Monday against former Bosnian Serb military chief Gen. Ratko Mladic at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal to present new evidence gleaned from a mass grave discovered in Bosnia in 2013.
- Turkey recalls ambassador to Brazil over genocide dispute Updated: Jun-09-15 3:35 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's Foreign Ministry says the ambassador to Brazil has been recalled after that country's senate passed a resolution recognizing the massacres of Armenians a century ago as genocide.