- UN starts Central African Republic investigation Updated: Mar-10-14 8:49 am
- Croatia accuses Serbia of genocide at UN court Updated: Mar-03-14 8:31 am
- UN chief: 20 years after Rwanda, Syria shameful Updated: Feb-27-14 6:38 pm
- Cambodia vies for 1st Oscar with 'Missing Picture' Updated: Feb-27-14 7:52 am
- Germany convicts Rwandan man of inciting genocide Updated: Feb-18-14 6:16 am
- Spain moves to curb its universal justice powers Updated: Feb-12-14 7:55 am
GENEVA - Leaders of a U.N. investigation of human rights abuses in Central African Republic said they will look into "reports of genocide" as they launched the probe Monday.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Croatia on Monday accused its Balkan neighbor Serbia of genocide in the early 1990s as the former Yugoslavia shattered in spasms of ethnic violence, in a case at the United Nations' highest court that highlights lingering animosities in the region.
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Thursday that 20 years after the Rwanda genocide the international community's collective failure to prevent atrocities in Syria is "a shameful indictment.
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - The office of Cambodia's most celebrated filmmaker is filled with books on the Khmer Rouge. On his desk, on the walls, in the filing cabinets and in every corner of Rithy Panh's dimly lit office are memories of his country's greatest tragedy.
BERLIN - A 56-year-old Rwandan man who had sought asylum in Germany has been convicted of inciting killings during his country's 1994 genocide and sentenced to 14 years in prison.
MADRID - Spain's Parliament has approved a ruling party proposal that will severely curb the powers of the country's courts to pursue cases of genocide and other crimes against humanity committed abroad.