- Food stamps being used at more farmers' markets Updated: Jul-30-15 3:35 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says food stamp benefits can be used at an increasing number of farmers' markets in the state.
- Rauner signs bill broadening eligibility for food stamps Updated: Jul-28-15 3:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - More Illinois families will be able to receive federal food stamps under expanded eligibility signed into law by Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Advocates say food stamp requirements could harm needy Updated: Jul-17-15 6:10 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The clock is ticking as New Mexico and other states move toward reinstating work and job-training requirements for certain low-income adults who receive food stamps.
- Vilsack: Federal law bars Wisconsin food stamp drug testing Updated: Jul-15-15 7:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says federal law bars the drug testing of food stamp recipients that Wisconsin plans.
- Montana's food stamp program error rate on the rise Updated: Jul-14-15 4:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - Federal officials say the error rate in Montana's food stamp program rose last year to more than twice the national average.
- Woman accused of fraud to obtain thousands in aid Updated: Jul-10-15 5:34 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A Sept. 2 trial date has been set for a Moss Point woman accused of making false claims to obtain thousands of dollars in state and federal funding she was not entitled to.
- GA convenience store owner pleads guilty in food stamp fraud Updated: Jul-08-15 4:19 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a metro Atlanta convenience store owner has pleaded guilty in a $6.5 million food stamp fraud scheme.
- Appeals court upholds ruling in Connecticut food stamp case Updated: Jul-07-15 5:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A federal appeals court has determined people applying for food stamps in Connecticut have the right to sue the state over delays in processing their applications, a long-running problem at the Department of Social Services.
- Food stamp recipients can get more at farmers' market Updated: Jul-06-15 5:03 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Food stamp recipients now get double their money at New Mexico farmers' markets.
- Imprisoned Ala. woman to plead guilty in fraud scheme Updated: Jun-30-15 5:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors in Birmingham say a woman already serving a year and one day in prison for trying to defraud the BP oil spill fund has agreed to plead guilty in a fraud and tax evasion scheme.