- Thousands in Indiana could lose food stamps under new rule Updated: Aug-29-15 12:32 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Food pantries and social service agencies across Indiana are bracing for the possibility that up to 50,000 people could lose food stamp benefits this fall unless they comply with a change in federal work and job training requirements.
- Arizona DES employee arrested, accused of food stamps fraud Updated: Aug-26-15 9:13 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona Department of Economic Security employee has been arrested for allegedly using an electronic benefits transaction card to obtain food stamps.
- New Mexico rolls out work rules for food stamps Updated: Aug-25-15 6:01 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Tens of thousands of low-income New Mexicans will have more time to meet work and job-training requirements if they want to remain eligible for food stamps, state officials announced Tuesday.
- San Antonio convenience store owner gets prison for fraud Updated: Aug-25-15 8:34 am
SAN ANTONIO - A San Antonio convenience store owner must serve four years in federal prison and repay nearly $1.7 million for food stamp fraud.
- State to enforce federal work requirements for food stamps Updated: Aug-05-15 7:19 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state of Alaska is planning to enforce federal work requirements that had been suspended for more than a decade, potentially affecting thousands of food stamp recipients.
- Researchers: Use of food stamps undergoes slight decline Updated: Aug-02-15 12:28 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - University of New Hampshire researchers say the program known for years as food stamps has declined slightly in recent years, but remains an important support for people at risk for food insecurity and hunger.