- NC again told to step up approvals for food stamp benefits Updated: May-23-15 11:09 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The U.S. Department of Agriculture is again warning North Carolina it could lose federal money if food stamp applications aren't approved faster.
- 2 Long Island merchants sentenced in food stamp scam Updated: May-20-15 3:36 pm
HAUPPAUGE, New York - Two Long Island merchants have been sentenced to prison terms for their roles in a scheme to steal over $1.6 million from the federal food stamp program.
- State doing a more accurate job of issuing food stamps Updated: May-20-15 10:50 am
ESSEX JUNCTION, Vermont - The state of Vermont is doing a more accurate job of issuing food stamp benefits to 87,000 residents.
- New Mexico men plead guilty to defrauding food stamp program Updated: May-19-15 6:16 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two New Mexico men have pleaded guilty to defrauding the federal food stamp program.
- Wisconsin Assembly passes junk food, drug testing bills Updated: May-13-15 8:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Public aid recipients in Wisconsin would be limited in how much junk food they could buy and forced to undergo screenings for illegal drug use under bills passed Wednesday by the state Assembly.
- Assembly passed bill limiting food stamp purchases Updated: May-13-15 5:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly has passed bill to limit the types of food that food stamp users could buy, including how much of their allotment can be spent on junk food.
- 2 brothers admit to food stamp fraud in East St. Louis Updated: May-12-15 1:58 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - Two Swansea brothers and business owners have pleaded guilty to acquiring more than $1 million through food stamp fraud.
- Atlantic County sees increase in food stamps Updated: May-11-15 6:14 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic County has seen a 12 percent increase in the number of families on food stamps in the wake of Atlantic City casinos closing.
- Lawmakers advance bill that limits options under FoodShare Updated: May-06-15 6:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin lawmakers have pushed forward a measure that would restrict products available to food stamp recipients.
- Albuquerque man sentenced in food stamp fraud Updated: May-06-15 2:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man has been sentenced on his guilty plea to defrauding a food stamp program.
- Lawmakers to hold hearing on food stamp, drug screen bills Updated: Apr-28-15 3:15 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislators have introduced a set of bills that would require food stamp users to buy healthy food and require drug screening for state job training program applicants and some unemployment benefit claimants.