- Imprisoned Ala. woman to plead guilty in fraud scheme Updated: Jun-30-15 5:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors in Birmingham say a woman already serving a year and one day in prison for trying to defraud the BP oil spill fund has agreed to plead guilty in a fraud and tax evasion scheme.
- 2 Fargo store employees convicted of food stamp fraud Updated: Jun-26-15 9:14 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Two workers at a neighborhood grocery store in Fargo have pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit food stamp fraud.
- New Mexico looks to expand work requirements for food stamps Updated: Jun-23-15 5:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's administration wants to expand work, training and job-search requirements for low-income New Mexicans to qualify for food stamps.
- The Latest: Maine House OKs state aid for asylum seekers Updated: Jun-22-15 5:23 pm
5:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Kansas store owners accused of defrauding federal program Updated: Jun-17-15 4:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Owners of a Kansas City, Kansas, store have pleaded guilty to defrauding a federal food stamp program out of more than $227,000.
- Police arrest 31 in Portland area for food stamp fraud Updated: Jun-12-15 3:29 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities in the Portland area have arrested 31 people accused of food stamp fraud.
- Farmers' market at Fort Leonard Wood accepts food stamps Updated: Jun-11-15 5:07 am
WARRENSBURG, Missouri - Low-income shoppers at a Fort Leonard Wood farmers' market will be able to pay with food stamps starting this week.
- Georgia store owner sentenced in food stamp fraud scheme Updated: Jun-10-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a Gwinnett County convenience store owner has been sentenced in a WIC and food stamp fraud scheme.
- Ex-owner of Texas mortuary gets prison for food stamp fraud Updated: Jun-09-15 3:16 pm
DALLAS - The ex-owner of an abandoned North Texas mortuary where bodies were found unattended must serve nearly two years in prison for food stamp fraud.
- Ex-Dona Ana County employee accused of falsifying records Updated: Jun-05-15 4:33 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say a former Dona Ana County employee has been arrested for allegedly falsifying her pay records to receive food stamp benefits.
- Food stamp participants to get fruit, vegetable discounts Updated: Jun-05-15 3:37 am
PITTSFIELD, Maine - Participants in the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program are going to get more bang for their buck when they shop at farmers markets.
- 2 Phoenix-area men accused of defrauding food stamp program Updated: Jun-04-15 1:15 pm
PHOENIX - Two people who own businesses in Phoenix and Mesa are accused of defrauding the federal food stamps program of at least $250,000.
- Entrepreneurs bet on the smartphone to solve money problems Updated: Jun-03-15 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - It can be used to buy lattes, order cabs and get pizza delivered, but some tech entrepreneurs are betting the smartphone can also play an even greater role in saving people money.