- Feeling the pinch of Indiana's new food stamp rules Updated: Nov-27-15 5:01 am
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - After more than three years in jail, Bonita Richards works at temp jobs, piecing together 20 hours of work each week at various factories.
- Troopers on food stamps, taking second jobs amid pay fight Updated: Nov-26-15 1:10 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - State troopers suing North Carolina for millions of dollars in back pay say the state's broken promises have forced them into tough spots: working second jobs, moving in with parents, even going on food stamps.
- Feds: Georgia must process food stamps for Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-25-15 4:26 pm
ATLANTA - Federal officials are ordering Georgia to process food stamp applications for Syrian refugees.
- Former state worker pleads guilty in food stamp fraud case Updated: Nov-24-15 11:52 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former New Mexico Human Services Department worker has pleaded guilty to defrauding the federal food stamp program.
- Maine wants to ban food stamp purchases of soda, junk food Updated: Nov-23-15 2:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Department of Health and Human Service is going after soda and junk food purchased with food stamps.
- Hawaii awarded for improved food stamp processing Updated: Nov-23-15 9:18 am
HONOLULU - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has awarded Hawaii more than $660,000 for expediting its review of applications for the federal food stamp program.
- Roughly 18,300 lose food stamp benefits in Indiana Updated: Nov-21-15 10:14 am
INDIANAPOLIS - About 18,300 people in Indiana this month have lost an average of $125 of monthly food stamp benefits after a change in work and job training requirements.
- New Orleans council president joins protest over food stamps Updated: Nov-19-15 7:14 am
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans City Council president is going to go without food Thursday to protest a Jindal administration decision to cut off food stamps for tens of thousands of people.
- 2 brothers sentenced for food stamp scheme at their NY store Updated: Nov-06-15 6:44 am
BUFFALO, New York - Two brothers have been sentenced for a food stamp scheme they ran out of their family's convenience store in Buffalo.
- Nevada gets $1.5M grant to fight food stamp fraud Updated: Nov-05-15 6:58 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada is getting $1.5 million from the federal government to crack down on food stamp fraud.
- Memphis man gets 27 months in food stamp, child care fraud Updated: Nov-04-15 4:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Memphis man has been sentenced to 27 months in prison for defrauding federal food stamp and child care programs.
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bills targeting food stamp fraud Updated: Nov-03-15 8:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly passed bills Tuesday that Republicans said would help reduce fraud in Wisconsin's food stamps and unemployment insurance programs, as Democrats argued the GOP is really advancing a hateful political agenda with the poor and jobless suffering as scapegoats.
- Assembly passes bill requiring photos on food stamp cards Updated: Nov-03-15 8:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Photos would be added to Wisconsin's food stamp electronic debit benefit card under a bill that's cleared the state Assembly.
- Assembly passes bill targeting food stamp replacement cards Updated: Nov-03-15 6:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Assembly has passed a bill bringing greater scrutiny to food stamp recipients who request multiple replacement debit cards.
- Assembly passes bill to remove food stamp benefits Updated: Nov-03-15 5:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly has passed a bill Republicans say will cut down on fraud in the state's food stamp program.
- Assembly to pass measures targeting welfare fraud Updated: Oct-31-15 10:57 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Food stamp recipients in Wisconsin would face new hurdles to keep their benefits under a series of bills Republicans plan to pass Tuesday in the state Assembly, despite objections from advocates for the poor who say the result will be to make it harder for people in need of food to get it.