- Food aid in jeopardy for more North Carolina healthy adults Updated: Oct-08-15 5:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Get a part-time job, get training, start volunteering or lose your food stamps: That's the message from Gov. Pat McCrory's administration and North Carolina lawmakers to certain healthy adults who have no dependents.
- Indiana teacher was migrant worker like those she now helps Updated: Oct-05-15 8:22 am
KOKOMO, Indiana - Catarina Soliz was on the move from the day she was born.
- Indiana food stamp cards to be offline part of weekend Updated: Sep-23-15 6:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana welfare officials say state residents receiving food stamps and other benefits won't be able to make purchases using their government-issued debit cards for parts of the upcoming weekend.
- Government shutdown could cut off food stamps Updated: Sep-22-15 6:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A government shutdown Oct. 1 could immediately suspend or delay food stamp payments to some of the 46 million Americans who receive the food aid.
- Man must pay $1.9m restitution in food stamp fraud case Updated: Sep-22-15 11:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A judge has ordered a Norfolk man to pay $1.9 million in restitution to the federal government in a food stamp fraud case.
- LePage: Childless food stamp recipients must show assets Updated: Sep-16-15 4:12 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage's administration on Wednesday announced a rule change that would make households without children ineligible for food stamps if they have assets greater than $5,000.
- Grocery store owner sentenced for food stamp, tax fraud Updated: Sep-10-15 7:53 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A federal judge has sentenced a grocery store owner to more than three years in prison for food stamp and tax fraud.