- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO sentenced for fraud, tax evasion Updated: Oct-09-15 7:08 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO and president of Arrow Trucking Company in Tulsa has been sentenced to seven-and-a-half-years in prison for fraud and tax evasion.
- Finance officials to clamp down on multinational tax evasion Updated: Oct-09-15 12:12 pm
LIMA, Peru - Finance officials from the world's 20 biggest economies have committed to toughening laws and boosting cross-border cooperation to prevent multinational companies from avoiding as much as $250 billion a year in taxes.
- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud Updated: Oct-08-15 6:46 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi will stand trial in Spain on three counts of tax fraud and could be sentenced to nearly two years in prison if found guilty.
- Arkansas man sentenced to more than 2 years for wire fraud Updated: Oct-07-15 6:18 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A federal judge has sentenced a Little Rock man to two years and three months in prison after he acknowledged selling tax credits for refined coal that didn't exist.
- Attempted sales of untaxed tobacco products leads to arrests Updated: Oct-06-15 5:30 pm
MERIDEN, Connecticut - State tax officials have arrested two men accused of trying to sell untaxed tobacco products and a third suspect accused of possession of fraudulent tax stamps and other charges.
- Court keeps passport of ex-IMF chief Rato in fraud case Updated: Oct-06-15 9:22 am
MADRID - A Spanish magistrate has withdrawn the passport of former International Monetary Fund chief Rodrigo Rato, who is under investigation for alleged tax fraud, money laundering and corruption.
- Spain: Court sets Jan. 11 as trial date for princess Updated: Oct-06-15 5:44 am
MADRID - Spain's Princess Cristina will stand trial on tax fraud charges on Jan. 11, a court announced Tuesday. She will be the first royal family member to stand trial since Spain's monarchy was restored in 1975.
- 2 sentenced in tax fraud for using Miss. inmates' identities Updated: Oct-05-15 4:21 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two people have been sentenced to federal prison for using Mississippi inmates' identities to file fraudulent tax returns.
- Top economies move toward crackdown on corporate tax dodging Updated: Oct-05-15 11:03 am
PARIS - Dozens of world economies are close to adopting sweeping changes to international tax rules that could end tax-dodging by powerful multinationals - practices believed to deprive governments of up to $240 billion every year.
- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO asks Tulsa judge for lighter sentence Updated: Sep-30-15 3:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO of Arrow Trucking Co. is asking a federal judge in Tulsa for leniency when he's sentenced for conspiracy and tax evasion.
- US extradites Briton to Germany in emissions trading case Updated: Sep-29-15 8:53 am
BERLIN - U.S. authorities have extradited a British man wanted in Germany in connection with a probe into organized tax fraud to the tune of 136 million euros ($152 million).
- US seeks probation for Ex-UBS banker in tax evasion case Updated: Sep-29-15 3:20 am
MIAMI - A former executive at Swiss bank UBS AG might avoid jail time and end up with probation because of his extensive cooperation in a long-running U.S. investigation into tax evasion using secret accounts.
- State: 50th arrest in statewide tax fraud crackdown Updated: Sep-28-15 12:55 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Revenue says a Gretna tax preparer is the 50th person arrested in statewide tax fraud crackdown.
- Brazil court freezes almost $50 million in Neymar assets Updated: Sep-25-15 6:19 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A Brazilian court has frozen assets of Barcelona star Neymar, his family and related businesses valued at 188.8 million Brazilian reals ($48 million).
- Germany raids premises linked to Maple Bank in tax probe Updated: Sep-25-15 11:19 am
BERLIN - German authorities have searched premises linked to Maple Bank as part of a probe into alleged tax evasion and money laundering.
- Accountant pleads guilty in $3.4M tax refund fraud scheme Updated: Sep-25-15 10:59 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida certified public accountant has pleaded guilty to a lengthy $3.4 million tax refund fraud scheme.
- Pawtucket market owner charged in $2.8M identity, tax fraud Updated: Sep-24-15 1:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Pawtucket market owner is accused of being a ringleader in a scheme to get $2.8 million worth of tax refunds by stealing the identities of hundreds of people.
- New Orleans area tax preparers arrested for fraud Updated: Sep-24-15 1:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Two employees of a Gretna tax preparation business face multiple felony charges for a scheme resulting in more than a quarter-million dollars in fraudulent state income tax refunds.
- Man convicted of growing marijuana guilty of tax evasion Updated: Sep-23-15 4:33 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Lincoln man who was convicted in August of growing more than 100 marijuana plants has pleaded guilty to tax evasion.
- Ex-NY congressman Grimm begins prison sentence for tax fraud Updated: Sep-22-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - Former New York congressman Michael Grimm has reported to a prison in western Pennsylvania to begin his eight-month sentence for tax evasion.
- North Carolina landowner sentenced for evading income taxes Updated: Sep-22-15 2:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal prosecutors say a North Carolina landowner will spend 32 months in prison for his involvement in a scheme to evade paying his federal income taxes.
- Spain probes Alonso & Mascherano for alleged tax fraud Updated: Sep-22-15 9:57 am
BARCELONA, Spain - A Spanish state prosecutor is investigating midfielders Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano for alleged tax fraud.
- Ex-Islamorada mayor sent to prison for federal tax fraud Updated: Sep-21-15 3:57 pm
KEY WEST, Florida - A businessman who is also a former mayor of Islamorada in the Florida Keys has been sentenced to a year and a day in federal prison for tax fraud.
- Springfield woman pleads guilty in tax fraud scheme Updated: Sep-21-15 1:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield woman became the 11th person to plead guilty in a tax fraud scheme that netted nearly $340,000.
- Romanian prime minister's corruption trial begins Updated: Sep-21-15 11:12 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - The Romanian prime minister's corruption trial began on Monday as the opposition prepared a no-confidence vote that will be held next week.