- 15 people charged in tax fraud ring Updated: Apr-24-14 3:19 pm
- 150 doctors targeted for tax fraud in NH, Vt. Updated: Apr-24-14 1:50 pm
- Prosecutor: ID theft scheme cost US Treasury $10M Updated: Apr-23-14 5:05 pm
- Women used dead people's info on tax returns Updated: Apr-23-14 4:05 am
- Upstate NY orthodontist sentenced for tax returns Updated: Apr-22-14 3:04 am
- Espanola man ordered to pay $50K in back taxes Updated: Apr-21-14 3:35 pm
- Prosecutor: Tax credit enticed more investors Updated: Apr-21-14 10:40 am
- Fla. tax execs get prison for fraud, ID theft Updated: Apr-20-14 2:04 am
- Ohio governor candidate's son accused of tax fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 3:50 pm
- New Orleans tax preparer arrested for fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:07 pm
- Hoeness tax case has Germans dashing to confess Updated: Apr-16-14 5:37 am
- 6 women charged with filing 800 false tax returns Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- State audits find spending abuse in LA-area city Updated: Apr-15-14 9:55 pm
- Federal tax prosecutions seen as reminder Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Grand jury indicts Soldotna man on tax counts Updated: Apr-13-14 6:13 am
- Fla. brothers sent to prison for $1.6M tax fraud Updated: Apr-12-14 3:05 am
- NJ man pleads not-guilty to alleged tax fraud Updated: Apr-08-14 3:07 pm
- Anderson clinic owner pleads guilty to tax evasion Updated: Apr-08-14 9:22 am
- Justice seeks to shut down Louisiana tax preparer Updated: Apr-08-14 6:32 am
- Man sentenced to time served in tax fraud scheme Updated: Apr-07-14 10:53 pm
- Former Missouri woman sentenced for tax fraud Updated: Apr-07-14 6:41 pm
- US charges 25 in Fla. in ID theft, tax fraud case Updated: Apr-03-14 2:02 pm
- Oregon pair sentenced in Super 8 fraud case Updated: Apr-02-14 2:22 pm
- Maine elver fisherman gets 90 days over reporting Updated: Mar-31-14 1:14 pm
- Cheyenne woman to serve time for embezzlement Updated: Mar-29-14 4:31 pm
STATESBORO, Georgia - An additional 15 people have been charged in connection with identity theft and tax fraud rings operating in and around Statesboro, Georgia
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has asked the Secret Service and Internal Revenue Service to investigate reports of tax fraud affecting more than 150 doctors and health care providers in the state and in Vermont.
PITTSBURGH - A federal prosecutor in Pennsylvania said Wednesday that a massive identity theft and fake tax return scheme cost the U.S. Treasury an estimated $10 million.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say two Memphis women have pleaded guilty to filing false tax returns using personal information from dead people.
ALBANY, New York - A 63-year-old former orthodontist from northern New York has been sentenced to 97 months in prison for filing phony tax returns seeking about $36 million in refunds.
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - An Espanola man has been ordered to pay more than $50,000 in back taxes, penalties and interest after pleading no contest in a tax fraud case.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutor say former Baton Rouge businessman Gregory M. Walker, who has admitted defrauding buyers of $1.4 million in Louisiana film tax credits that he did not own, allegedly enticed $325,000 from other investors in July.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Former executives at a Broward County tax preparation firm have been sentenced to federal prison for their roles in a $2 million tax fraud and identity theft operation.
DAYTON, Ohio - A son of Ohio Democratic gubernatorial candidate Larry Ealy (EE'-lee) has been accused of buying stolen identities online and using them to file fraudulent federal income tax returns for refunds.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans woman has been arrested for allegedly defrauding the state of more than $900,000 through the filing of false tax returns.
BERLIN - The high-profile tax evasion trial against former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has prompted a surge in the number of Germans turning themselves in to authorities for failing to properly declare their taxes.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say six women have been charged with filing more than 800 false income tax returns and claiming more than $1.3 million in refunds.
SACRAMENTO, California - A gritty Los Angeles suburb targeted in a federal corruption probe had virtually no controls over how taxpayer money was spent, opening the way for officials to run up credit-card bills and take questionable leave time that in one case nearly doubled an employee's salary, state audits found Tuesday.
CHICAGO - Seven Chicago area residents are facing prosecution for alleged federal income tax crimes.
KENAI, Alaska - A federal grand jury has indicted a 59-year-old Soldotna man suspected of failing to file tax returns for four years and filing false tax returns for three years.
MIAMI - Two South Florida brothers will be doing federal prison time for a scheme that netted them $1.6 million in fraudulent tax refunds.
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former New Jersey resident has been charged with participating in what federal authorities say was a scheme to use stolen identity information to fraudulently file for tax refunds.
INDIANAPOLIS - The former owner of a central Indiana dental clinic has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for not paying more than $850,000 in taxes.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The U.S. Department of Justice has asked a court to bar a New Iberia tax preparer and her business from preparing federal tax returns for others.
PHOENIX - A California man who admitted receiving $1.9 million in fraudulent electronic tax returns from a sophisticated scheme that federal authorities found difficult to crack was soon expected to walk out of jail after being sentenced Monday in a federal court in Phoenix to the five years he's spent in custody.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former suburban Kansas City woman now living in Texas is going to prison for 18 months for a $158,000 tax fraud scheme.
MIAMI - Twenty-five people accused of using thousands of stolen identities to claim $36 million in fraudulent tax refunds have been arrested in the latest South Florida sweep, federal authorities said Thursday.
MEDFORD, Oregon - A former partner in a Super 8 motel franchise has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison for an embezzlement and tax fraud scheme.
AUGUSTA, Maine - An elver fisherman has been sentenced to 90 days in jail for reporting only half his more than $700,000 in landings from 2012.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A 49-year-old Cheyenne woman has been sentenced to 37 months in prison for embezzling more than $718,000 from her employer and failing to report income to the Internal Revenue Service.