- Jackson woman pleads guilty in ID fraud scheme Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 am
- E. Illinois woman headed to prison for fraud Updated: Mar-05-14 7:16 pm
- Jury convicts former Bixby Energy CEO of fraud Updated: Mar-05-14 4:04 pm
- Supervisor at Va. regional jail faces tax charges Updated: Mar-05-14 1:11 pm
- Romanian football officials jailed for tax evasion Updated: Mar-04-14 8:30 am
- Gretna woman pleads guilty to stealing $4.1M Updated: Mar-03-14 2:20 pm
- US Attorney: 6 indicted in tax fraud scheme Updated: Mar-03-14 1:42 pm
- Albuquerque man indicted on tax evasion charges Updated: Mar-02-14 5:02 am
- Chicago officials say Ness undeserving of honor Updated: Feb-28-14 5:36 pm
- Guilty plea in $10 million Ohio fraud case Updated: Feb-27-14 5:30 pm
- Payroll business owner charged in money laundering Updated: Feb-27-14 10:31 am
- Iraq contractor pleads guilty in tax case Updated: Feb-27-14 4:05 am
- Pa. woman gets prison for defrauding foundation Updated: Feb-26-14 6:48 pm
- Panel faults US gov't over offshore tax evasion Updated: Feb-25-14 6:04 pm
- Developer in tax credit fraud case back in jail Updated: Feb-21-14 11:38 am
- 2 plead guilty to filing fraudulent tax returns Updated: Feb-19-14 8:49 pm
- Ala. man accused of fraudulent tax filings in La. Updated: Feb-19-14 10:52 am
- Anchorage man gets prison term for ID thefts Updated: Feb-19-14 5:55 am
- South Miss. doctor set for trial on tax charges Updated: Feb-19-14 5:32 am
- Ex-Georgia tax preparer sentenced in fraud scheme Updated: Feb-18-14 5:11 pm
- Puerto Rico pursues tax evaders amid debt troubles Updated: Feb-18-14 5:06 pm
- Ex-Pa. gas drilling exec pleads guilty over thefts Updated: Feb-18-14 4:12 pm
- Broker Marc Correra pleas in tax evasion case Updated: Feb-17-14 7:07 pm
- Ex-US Virgin Islands official charged in tax case Updated: Feb-15-14 9:19 am
- Former deputy constable charged with tax evasion Updated: Feb-14-14 11:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson woman has pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States by stealing personal information that was used to file false tax returns.
URBANA, Illinois - An eastern Illinois woman will go to prison after admitting she stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from an Urbana company.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A federal jury has found former Bixby Energy Systems chief executive Robert Walker guilty of defrauding investors, tax evasion and witness tampering.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Piedmont Regional Jail supervisor is facing federal tax and bank fraud charges.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Bucharest court has handed prison sentences to eight Romanian football officials for tax evasion and money laundering in connection with the transfer of 12 players.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Gretna woman already serving time for tax evasion pleaded guilty Monday to stealing the $4.1 million on which she didn't pay taxes.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. Attorney Brendan Johnson says a federal grand jury has indicted six people for conspiracy to defraud the United States and aggravated identity theft.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man has been indicted on tax evasion charges for failing to pay his personal income taxes for four years.
CHICAGO - An effort to scrub Eliot Ness's reputation as the federal lawman who brought down Al Capone came to Chicago's City Hall on Friday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A former Ohio resident accused of buying $30,000 watches and cars costing more than $100,000 as part of a money laundering scheme that robbed a man of $10 million pleaded guilty Thursday to federal fraud charges.
ST. LOUIS - The owner of a Fenton payroll services company has been indicted on felony mail fraud and money laundering charges involving his clients' unpaid taxes.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say a U.S. contractor who worked in Iraq has pleaded guilty to filing a false tax return.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former Bon-Ton Stores Foundation employee has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for stealing $1.3 million from the department store charitable organization.
WASHINGTON - Billions of dollars in U.S. taxes are going unpaid because Americans are exploiting Swiss bank accounts, and the U.S. government has failed to aggressively pursue Switzerland's second-largest bank, a Senate investigation has found.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond developer awaiting sentencing for fraudulently obtaining historic tax credits has been sent back to jail after his bond was revoked.
BALTIMORE - Two sisters have pleaded guilty to filing fraudulent tax returns to obtain refunds.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An Alabama man accused of filing more than 20 fraudulent state tax returns since 2009, bilking Louisiana out of close to $32,000, has been arrested.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage man will spend nearly seven years in a federal prison for his role in filing about 100 false income tax returns.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - An orthopedic surgeon from Pass Christian is set for trial March 24 in a federal tax evasion case.
ATLANTA - A former tax preparer has been sentenced to more than 20 years in prison in an identity and tax fraud scheme.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's government is cracking down on tax evaders to increase revenue and help pay off $70 billion in public debt after recent downgrades put the island's credit rating into junk status, officials said Tuesday.
PITTSBURGH - A former chief operating officer who stole more than $9 million from his gas drilling company to feed his casino gambling habit has pleaded guilty to conspiracy, mail fraud and income tax fraud.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A politically connected financial broker at the heart of a state investment scandal paid nearly $329,000 to New Mexico on Monday to resolve a state tax-evasion case.
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - The former director of the U.S. Virgin Islands' Internal Revenue Bureau has been charged with tax evasion.
HOUSTON - A former Harris County deputy constable is charged with using information obtained while doing that job to file false tax returns.