- New Orleans tax preparer arrested for fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:07 pm
- Hoeness tax case has Germans dashing to confess Updated: Apr-16-14 5:37 am
- 6 women charged with filing 800 false tax returns Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- State audits find spending abuse in LA-area city Updated: Apr-15-14 9:55 pm
- Federal tax prosecutions seen as reminder Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Grand jury indicts Soldotna man on tax counts Updated: Apr-13-14 6:13 am
- Fla. brothers sent to prison for $1.6M tax fraud Updated: Apr-12-14 3:05 am
- NJ man pleads not-guilty to alleged tax fraud Updated: Apr-08-14 3:07 pm
- Anderson clinic owner pleads guilty to tax evasion Updated: Apr-08-14 9:22 am
- Justice seeks to shut down Louisiana tax preparer Updated: Apr-08-14 6:32 am
- Man sentenced to time served in tax fraud scheme Updated: Apr-07-14 10:53 pm
- Former Missouri woman sentenced for tax fraud Updated: Apr-07-14 6:41 pm
- US charges 25 in Fla. in ID theft, tax fraud case Updated: Apr-03-14 2:02 pm
- Ex-lawmaker pleads guilty to corruption charges Updated: Apr-02-14 6:22 pm
- Oregon pair sentenced in Super 8 fraud case Updated: Apr-02-14 2:22 pm
- Maine elver fisherman gets 90 days over reporting Updated: Mar-31-14 1:14 pm
- Cheyenne woman to serve time for embezzlement Updated: Mar-29-14 4:31 pm
- Kansas author convicted of tax evasion Updated: Mar-28-14 3:53 pm
- Tobacco vendor pleads to tax evasion, no permits Updated: Mar-28-14 11:11 am
- Philippine tax collector guns for higher revenues Updated: Mar-28-14 6:26 am
- Romania seeks extradition of Yelm couple Updated: Mar-27-14 8:10 pm
- Prosecutor: overturn Dolce, Gabbana conviction Updated: Mar-25-14 2:04 pm
- Trial delayed for doctor accused of tax evasion Updated: Mar-25-14 5:37 am
- Charleston lawyer sentenced for tax evasion Updated: Mar-25-14 3:11 am
- 2 years for man convicted of threatening witness Updated: Mar-21-14 9:26 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans woman has been arrested for allegedly defrauding the state of more than $900,000 through the filing of false tax returns.
BERLIN - The high-profile tax evasion trial against former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has prompted a surge in the number of Germans turning themselves in to authorities for failing to properly declare their taxes.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say six women have been charged with filing more than 800 false income tax returns and claiming more than $1.3 million in refunds.
SACRAMENTO, California - A gritty Los Angeles suburb targeted in a federal corruption probe had virtually no controls over how taxpayer money was spent, opening the way for officials to run up credit-card bills and take questionable leave time that in one case nearly doubled an employee's salary, state audits found Tuesday.
CHICAGO - Seven Chicago area residents are facing prosecution for alleged federal income tax crimes.
KENAI, Alaska - A federal grand jury has indicted a 59-year-old Soldotna man suspected of failing to file tax returns for four years and filing false tax returns for three years.
MIAMI - Two South Florida brothers will be doing federal prison time for a scheme that netted them $1.6 million in fraudulent tax refunds.
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former New Jersey resident has been charged with participating in what federal authorities say was a scheme to use stolen identity information to fraudulently file for tax refunds.
INDIANAPOLIS - The former owner of a central Indiana dental clinic has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for not paying more than $850,000 in taxes.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The U.S. Department of Justice has asked a court to bar a New Iberia tax preparer and her business from preparing federal tax returns for others.
PHOENIX - A California man who admitted receiving $1.9 million in fraudulent electronic tax returns from a sophisticated scheme that federal authorities found difficult to crack was soon expected to walk out of jail after being sentenced Monday in a federal court in Phoenix to the five years he's spent in custody.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former suburban Kansas City woman now living in Texas is going to prison for 18 months for a $158,000 tax fraud scheme.
MIAMI - Twenty-five people accused of using thousands of stolen identities to claim $36 million in fraudulent tax refunds have been arrested in the latest South Florida sweep, federal authorities said Thursday.
HELENA, Montana - A former state legislator pleaded guilty Wednesday to theft, bribery and tax-evasion charges for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in kickbacks and bribes from consultants and contractors who were awarded federal money for projects on the Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation.
MEDFORD, Oregon - A former partner in a Super 8 motel franchise has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison for an embezzlement and tax fraud scheme.
AUGUSTA, Maine - An elver fisherman has been sentenced to 90 days in jail for reporting only half his more than $700,000 in landings from 2012.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A 49-year-old Cheyenne woman has been sentenced to 37 months in prison for embezzling more than $718,000 from her employer and failing to report income to the Internal Revenue Service.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas obesity specialist who co-authored a book with the late Dr. Robert Atkins has been convicted of evading federal income taxes.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A tobacco store owner has pleaded guilty to evading taxes and operating without the proper permits.
MANILA, Philippines - The sharp-shooting bureaucrat in charge of getting Filipinos to pay their fair share of taxes couldn't have chosen a higher profile target: Manny Pacquiao, the world champion boxer and hero to millions.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Romanian government is seeking to extradite a Washington state couple on tax evasion charges.
MILAN - A Milan prosecutor has asked an appellate court to overturn a tax fraud conviction and jail sentence against designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - An orthopedic surgeon's trial in a federal tax evasion case has been rescheduled.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Charleston lawyer has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for tax evasion.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge man has been sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to threatening to retaliate against a witness in a tax fraud case.