- Nebraska man sentenced for federal tax fraud scheme Updated: Sep-01-15 11:59 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Nebraska man has been ordered to pay nearly $57,000 in restitution and spend a dozen consecutive weekends behind bars for filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
- Spokane accountant indicted by federal grand jury Updated: Sep-01-15 10:29 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A Spokane accountant has been indicted by a federal grand jury on eight counts of tax fraud and evasion.
- Mississippi surgeon appeals tax evasion conviction Updated: Aug-31-15 4:37 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi orthopedic surgeon has appealed his income tax evasion conviction to a federal appeals court in New Orleans.
- Northwestern Indiana mayor facing trial on fraud charges Updated: Aug-29-15 1:08 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - The mayor of a northwestern Indiana city is set to go to trial over federal charges alleging that he and his wife took more than $20,000 from his campaign account in order to cover casino gambling losses.
- St. Louis area tax prep business owner indicted for fraud Updated: Aug-26-15 2:13 pm
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - The owner of a St. Louis area business and six employees have been indicted on federal fraud charges related to what authorities call a scheme to submit phony income tax returns.
- Man given more than 4 years in prison for evading US taxes Updated: Aug-26-15 6:47 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A North Carolina man has been given more than four years in prison for evading federal taxes while he lived and worked in Nebraska.
- A look at recent politically tainted trials in Russia Updated: Aug-25-15 10:04 am
MOSCOW - The guilty verdict Tuesday for Crimean filmmaker Oleg Sentsov, who was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in a Russian maximum-security prison for an alleged terror conspiracy, follows a plethora of recent Russian trials that are widely seen as warnings to society not to question its Kremlin rulers.
- Man who hid in Mexico for 7 years sentenced for tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 9:47 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Springfield man who eluded authorities for seven years has pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion.
- Mystic Pizza owner gets 1 year in prison for tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 5:58 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The owner of the Mystic Pizza restaurant made famous in a 1988 film has been sentenced to one year in prison for tax evasion and concealing hundreds of thousands of dollars in income.
- Former Springfield man pleads to tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 5:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Springfield man who fled Missouri for Mexico nearly seven years ago has pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion charges.
- Douglas County businessman admits to income-tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 4:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Douglas County businessman has admitted putting his business under an employee's name to avoid paying income taxes.
- Nursing-home residents' names used in alleged Chicago fraud Updated: Aug-25-15 4:09 am
CHICAGO - A 28-year-old Chicago woman faces multiple charges for allegedly seeking federal tax refunds by using, in some cases, the personal information of nursing-home residents without their knowledge.
- 3 sentenced in Cheyenne tax fraud case Updated: Aug-24-15 1:25 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Three people were sentenced on charges related to a tax fraud case that says they failed to file tax returns for decades and tried to hide assets owned by 200 clients of Cheyenne's Creative Consulting Group.
- Oklahoma state GOP senator admits to $1.8M in fraud, quits Updated: Aug-20-15 5:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A two-term Oklahoma state senator admitted in federal court Thursday that he stole $1.8 million from the nonprofit agency where he worked and filed a false tax return.
- The Latest: State senator pleads guilty to fraud charges Updated: Aug-20-15 4:20 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The latest on the criminal charges filed against Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Rick Brinkley of Owasso (all times local):
- Alexandria man pleads guilty in tax refund fraud scheme Updated: Aug-20-15 9:59 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - An Alexandria man faces up to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges stemming from a $20 million fraud scheme.
- Lawyer: Ex-NFL star working on deal in tax evasion case Updated: Aug-18-15 11:45 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Former NFL star Plaxico Burress' attorney says he believes his client can work out a deal with prosecutors in his tax evasion case.
- Missouri man pleads guilty to federal tax fraud Updated: Aug-14-15 12:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri man has pleaded guilty to federal charges accusing him of trying to avoid paying more than half a million dollars in federal taxes.
- Harrisburg businessman pleads guilty to tax conspiracy Updated: Aug-14-15 7:07 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A businessman in Pennsylvania's state capital is the third person to plead guilty in connection to a conspiracy to evade hundreds of thousands of dollars in employment taxes.
- Deutsche Bank employees charged in emissions trading case Updated: Aug-13-15 4:22 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors have filed tax evasion charges against eight current and former Deutsche Bank employees over their alleged participation in a value-added tax fraud scheme involving carbon dioxide emissions certificates.
- Baton Rouge tax preparer arrested again Updated: Aug-12-15 6:34 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge tax preparer on bail from a 2013 arrest is back in custody facing multiple felony counts for tax fraud.
- 32 Long Beach gang members indicted in $14.3 million scheme Updated: Aug-10-15 9:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Thirty two members and associates of a Long Beach street gang have been indicted on charges of operating a $14.3 million identity theft and tax fraud scheme, authorities said Monday.
- Business owner sentenced for not paying withholding taxes Updated: Aug-07-15 7:44 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The owner of a Baton Rouge-based health care company has been sentenced to four years and ordered to pay nearly $6 million to the federal government for failing to pay several million dollars in employee withholding taxes.
- Woman gets 6 years in jail for tax fraud Updated: Aug-07-15 3:10 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Federal prosecutors in Syracuse say a 34-year-old Winslow, Arizona woman has been sentenced to six years in prison for filing false federal tax returns that garnered over $400,000 from the IRS.
- Romanian tax authorities probe celebrities, moneylenders Updated: Aug-06-15 9:02 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's tax authorities say they will investigate the country's big earners, including celebrities, moneylenders and pop stars, to verify the sources of their incomes.