- Winter weather delays highway work Updated: Mar-08-14 11:20 am
- US job gain despite freeze raises economic hopes Updated: Mar-08-14 12:04 am
- Federal offices in DC to close due to winter storm Updated: Mar-02-14 7:12 pm
- Site work begins on NH women's prison this summer Updated: Feb-27-14 4:05 am
- Lake Lanier seeking seasonal workers Updated: Feb-26-14 4:05 am
- Boise health care act call center lays off 1,600 Updated: Feb-25-14 2:34 pm
- EXCHANGE: Firefighters' winter work a frozen job Updated: Feb-24-14 8:05 am
- Mass. teens trek to Statehouse to rally for jobs Updated: Feb-20-14 4:32 pm
- Westwego declares Veterans Day holiday Updated: Feb-15-14 10:08 am
- SPLC calls on US to reform exchange programs Updated: Feb-11-14 3:38 pm
MINDEN, Louisiana - State transportation authorities say work to install cable barriers along Interstate 20 in north Louisiana - delayed by a series of winter storms that dumped ice and snow on the state's northern tier of parishes - may finally get underway soon.
WASHINGTON - Job growth in the United States has proved surprisingly consistent.
WASHINGTON - The federal government says its offices in the Washington area will be closed Monday due to the winter storm moving into the Mid-Atlantic states.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Department of Corrections says ground will be broken for a new women's prison this summer, two decades after the state was ordered to provide female inmates the same services as their male counterparts.
ATLANTA - Labor officials plan a monthlong recruitment effort to find seasonal workers at Lake Lanier.
BOISE, Idaho - A Boise call center that helps people sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act is laying off 1,600 people - nearly its entire workforce - as the federal exchange open-enrollment period ends.
WOODSTOCK, Illinois - Woodstock firefighter and paramedic Scott Baumgartner accepts that freezing water, lingering smoke, frostbite and ice all become a part of his job when fires erupt during the winter.
BOSTON - Rather than sleep in during school vacation, students across Massachusetts woke up early Thursday and took the streets of Boston to rally for summer job funding.
WESTWEGO, Louisiana - The City Council has voted to honor military veterans by declaring Veterans Day a city holiday.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Southern Poverty Law Center is calling on the U.S. government to reform cultural exchange programs, saying those have left some foreign participants vulnerable to exploitation and abuse.