- Connecticut jobs increase as winter's freeze ends Updated: Apr-17-14 1:58 pm
- EXCHANGE: Cemetery workers endured brutal winter Updated: Apr-15-14 6:52 am
- DeSoto will take Good Friday as a holiday Updated: Apr-13-14 10:34 am
- Work on Indiana U. gateways to begin this summer Updated: Apr-12-14 4:35 pm
- Chicago program offers young people work, learning Updated: Apr-10-14 4:07 am
- Survey: US companies add 191K jobs in March Updated: Apr-02-14 9:08 am
- Glover to detail Shreveport's summer jobs program Updated: Apr-02-14 4:06 am
- Cincinnati streetcar work delays cost nearly $1M Updated: Apr-02-14 3:06 am
WETHERSFIELD, Connecticut - Connecticut added 4,900 jobs in March, helping to restore jobs lost in January because of extreme weather, state labor officials said Thursday.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - When a blizzard shut down schools, government agencies and businesses across the state on Jan. 6, Patrick Lewis and two assistants were on the job at Sunset Funeral Home and Memorial Park by dawn, making sure a local resident could receive a proper burial.
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto County supervisors have decided to designate Good Friday - April 18 - as a holiday for county workers instead of the state's observance of Confederate Memorial Day on April 28.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Work is scheduled to begin this summer on three new gateways to the Indiana University campus.
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city's young people will have 10,000 additional academic and job-training opportunities this year as part of the "Summer of Earning and Learning."
WASHINGTON - A private survey shows that U.S. companies increased hiring at a healthy pace last month, suggesting that the jobs market is recovering from a brutal winter.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport youth and young adults looking for a summer job, get ready.
CINCINNATI - Leaders on Cincinnati's streetcar project say winter weather delays and the decision to temporarily halt work amid a fight over the project's future cost nearly $1 million.