- Toll from Yemen rebel attack rises as 10 Saudi troops killed Updated: Sep-05-15 11:58 am
SANAA, Yemen - Saudi Arabia's military said Saturday that 10 of its troops were killed in a rebel missile strike a day earlier in Yemen, raising the death toll in the attack to at least 55 coalition troops killed.
- South Sudan rebel leader: Cease-fire, peace pact in danger Updated: Aug-31-15 1:34 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Sudan's rebel leader is warning attacks by government troops on rebel-held areas could sabotage a peace agreement.
- Young Lebanese activists challenge old political class Updated: Aug-26-15 5:29 pm
BEIRUT - First they egged the prime minister's building. Then they dumped some of the garbage piling up on Beirut's streets outside the home of the environment minister, furious the government couldn't get its act together to find a solution when Lebanon's main landfill shut down.
- Tunisia's young democracy stumbles under terror threat Updated: Aug-24-15 8:22 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - The seven men spent a week in a Tunisian prison on terrorism charges, suffering what they claim was torture under custody, before a judge released them for lack of evidence. But as they stepped out of the courthouse in early August, plainclothes policemen swooped in and spirited them away.
- Syrian rebel leader seeks Europe - fleeing gov't and jihadis Updated: Aug-17-15 12:38 pm
KOS, Greece - In the jostling chaos of a crammed refugee center, one man tries to introduce order - forming migrants into lines and collecting names for overwhelmed Greek police clerks.