- Yemen rebels fire into Saudi Arabia, killing at least 2 Updated: May-05-15 3:22 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Yemen's rebels fired rockets and mortars into Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, killing at least two civilians and reportedly capturing five soldiers in an attack showing the insurgents' ability to launch assaults despite weeks of Saudi-led airstrikes targeting them.
- Egypt's deposed autocrat Mubarak turns 87, waves to fans Updated: May-04-15 2:36 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's deposed longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak celebrated his 87th birthday Monday by waving to some 100 supporters gathered outside of the military hospital where he is being held in Cairo.
- Tunisia's neglected youth find their voice in hip hop, rap Updated: May-02-15 11:38 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - On the roof of a concrete building in an impoverished Tunis neighborhood, hip hop beats pound out from a PC hooked up to cheap speakers.
- South Sudan opposition leader says troops surround his home Updated: Apr-24-15 10:40 am
JUBA, South Sudan - An opposition leader in South Sudan said on Friday that government troops had surrounded his house in the capital, raising fears of insecurity in the city where a fight among the armed forces sparked a nationwide rebellion in 2013.
- Leading Ukraine politician says billionaire inciting unrest Updated: Apr-24-15 8:43 am
KIEV, Ukraine - A leading politician in Ukraine published documents Friday that he says show the country's richest man is plotting to incite unrest to ensure the government steers clear of reforms that would hurt his business.
- Saudi-Iran rivalry over Yemen deepens Mideast sectarianism Updated: Apr-16-15 1:19 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's government insists it is not at war with Iran despite its three-week air campaign against Tehran-backed rebels in Yemen, but the kingdom's powerful clerics, and its regional rival's theocratic government, are increasingly presenting the conflict as part of a region-wide battle for the soul of Islam.
- Colombia resumes air raids on rebels after 11 troops killed Updated: Apr-15-15 9:31 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's president on Wednesday ordered the resumption of air raids on rebel camps after an attack by leftist guerrillas killed 11 soldiers and wounded 19, jeopardizing progress in two-year-old peace talks.
- Philippines says Muslim rebel who backed IS group has died Updated: Apr-15-15 8:50 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Muslim rebel chief whose forces in the southern Philippines have pledged support to the Islamic State group has died following a long ailment and was replaced by a Middle East-trained militant, the Philippine military and insurgents said Wednesday.
- Cuba fights public anger with reform in country's tense east Updated: Apr-14-15 5:20 pm
SANTIAGO DE CUBA, Cuba - Two and a half years after Hurricane Sandy trashed Cuba's second-largest city, 35-year-old Melba Martinez is still out of work and struggling to feed two children on her state ration book and a daily hustle for extra rice or cooking oil.
- UN to vote on arms embargo against Yemen rebel leaders Updated: Apr-13-15 10:19 pm
- 5 Kurdish rebels killed in clash in eastern Turkey Updated: Apr-12-15 5:26 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Officials say five Kurdish rebels have been killed in eastern Turkey in a clash sparked by a rebel attack on troops that wounded four soldiers.