- Police charge Canadian in Internet privacy breach Updated: Apr-16-14 9:26 pm
- Man executed for killing 3 members of Texas family Updated: Apr-16-14 9:09 pm
- Pro-Russian gunmen make inroads in eastern Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 8:33 pm
- Despite ruling, Iowa to bar all felons from voting Updated: Apr-16-14 7:11 pm
- Brazil unveils $11 billion in 'legacy' budget Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- Round 2: Court takes up Oklahoma gay-marriage case Updated: Apr-16-14 5:34 pm
- Appeals court: Consumer case improperly sealed Updated: Apr-16-14 5:22 pm
- Correction: Health Overhaul-Audit story Updated: Apr-16-14 5:16 pm
- US judge overturns 6-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-16-14 5:12 pm
- Judge nixes deal in batch of NFL concussion cases Updated: Apr-16-14 4:55 pm
- Appeals court upholds Snowden email firm contempt Updated: Apr-16-14 3:54 pm
- Court revives election challenge against Democrat Updated: Apr-16-14 3:07 pm
- Judge won't merge suits on same-sex marriage ban Updated: Apr-16-14 3:02 pm
- Judge asked to allow use of lawmaker's statements Updated: Apr-16-14 1:33 pm
- Miss. death row inmate challenges rape conviction Updated: Apr-16-14 12:55 pm
- Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies Updated: Apr-16-14 12:45 pm
- Judge: School can't suspend student from lacrosse Updated: Apr-16-14 11:37 am
- Branstad's tax return shows income of $234,907 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:23 am
- Livingston County jail must allow mail from ACLU Updated: Apr-16-14 10:20 am
- Hoeness tax case has Germans dashing to confess Updated: Apr-16-14 5:37 am
- 6 women charged with filing 800 false tax returns Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- May 1 trial set in Rocky Boy embezzlement case Updated: Apr-15-14 10:22 pm
- Cuomo tax return shows $188,000 book advance Updated: Apr-15-14 9:13 pm
- County, feds at odds over drug case payments Updated: Apr-15-14 9:04 pm
- Alleged Hillary Clinton shoe thrower detained Updated: Apr-15-14 8:14 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Police have charged a 19-year-old Canadian man in connection with the loss of taxpayer data from Canada's tax agency website.
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A man convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend, her young son and her mother 13 years ago at a home in Corpus Christi was executed by Texas prison officials Wednesday.
SLOVYANSK, Ukraine - The well-armed, Moscow-backed insurgency sowing chaos in eastern Ukraine scored a new victory Wednesday, seizing armored vehicles and weapons from underequipped government forces, then rolling through two cities to a hero's welcome.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa elections officials will continue to bar convicted felons from voting despite a landmark state Supreme Court ruling that suggests not all of them lost their voting rights, a spokesman said Wednesday.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian government officials announced Wednesday that almost $11 billion (24.1 billion Brazilian reals) will be spent on major transportation and environmental projects, which they argue are not related to holding the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Lawyers for a couple challenging Oklahoma's ban on gay marriage and the clerk who refused to grant them a license head to a federal appeals court Thursday with the rare opportunity to build on arguments the judges heard in a similar case just a week earlier.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A company that sued to keep a complaint about one of its products out of a publicly accessible federal database was improperly allowed to wage its battle in secret, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story April 12 about a planned review of the rollout of the Vermont Health Connect website by the state auditor, The Associated Press incorrectly reported how much had been spent on the project so far. About $66 million in federal grants has been spent, not $180 million. The story also should have made clear that the federal government will make a total of $173 million in grants available for the program and other health reform efforts.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge on Wednesday overturned a North Dakota law that bans abortions when a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which can be as early as six weeks into pregnancy and before many women know they're pregnant.
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge in Philadelphia has declined to approve deals for another batch of retired players suing the NFL over concussion-linked claims.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court on Wednesday upheld a contempt of court citation against an email service provider used by National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's highest court revived a lawsuit on Wednesday that seeks to remove a maverick Democratic legislator from the June 3 primary election ballot.
PHOENIX - A federal judge is refusing to combine two separately filed lawsuits challenging Arizona's ban on same-sex marriage.
CHICAGO - Prosecutors want to be able to tell jurors about potentially damaging comments state Rep. Derrick Smith made to authorities as they questioned him about allegedly taking a bribe, though a federal judge said Tuesday she would rule on the matter later.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has set out a timetable for attorneys for a death row inmate to file briefs by late May supporting his appeal of a 1994 rape conviction.
WASHINGTON - As political campaigns begin to heat up, the Supreme Court is deciding whether false accusations and mudslinging made during an election can be punished as a crime.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge has blocked the Portland schools from suspending a student lacrosse player for violating the drug-and-alcohol policy.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad earned $234,907 and is paying $28,298 in federal taxes for 2013.
HOWELL, Michigan - A judge has ordered the Livingston County jail to stop intercepting mail sent to inmates from the American Civil Liberties Union.
BERLIN - The high-profile tax evasion trial against former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has prompted a surge in the number of Germans turning themselves in to authorities for failing to properly declare their taxes.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say six women have been charged with filing more than 800 false income tax returns and claiming more than $1.3 million in refunds.
HAVRE, Montana - A federal judge has set a May 1 trial date in the embezzlement case against former Rocky Boy Indian Reservation health clinic director Fawn Tadios.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo's tax return shows he made $188,333 last year on an advance for his book that's due out in August.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Coconino County has offered to repay the U.S. Justice Department $700,000 it received for prosecuting drug trafficking cases after an audit found no proof of federal involvement in the cases.
PHOENIX - A federal magistrate on Tuesday ordered a Phoenix woman to remain jailed until she is returned to Las Vegas to face federal charges alleging she threw a shoe at Hillary Rodham Clinton during a speech.