- Some South Dakota GOP support help for immigrants Updated: Apr-23-14 6:15 pm
- Wellness programs grow more popular with employers Updated: Apr-23-14 1:02 pm
- Beshear: 413,000 sign up for health care in Ky Updated: Apr-22-14 4:50 pm
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at a core goal Updated: Apr-21-14 8:01 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-21-14 5:09 pm
- UnitedHealth's 1Q profit tumbles 8 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Hawaii weighs expanded coverage for infertility Updated: Apr-16-14 12:05 am
- Needy kids in northeast Ohio get seized sneakers Updated: Apr-15-14 6:25 am
- Report projects health care costs to dip slightly Updated: Apr-14-14 1:55 pm
- Survey: Home, long-term care costs rise in Va Updated: Apr-14-14 10:16 am
- Survey: W.Va. home, long-term care costs rise Updated: Apr-14-14 10:14 am
- With new health law, insurers target diabetics Updated: Apr-13-14 2:20 pm
- Top-paid Medicare doctors say they have reasons Updated: Apr-09-14 4:42 pm
- Report: Exchanges yield more specialty drug claims Updated: Apr-09-14 2:16 pm
- Hattiesburg to open clinic for city employees Updated: Apr-09-14 8:22 am
- Government hikes Medicare Advantage pay estimate Updated: Apr-07-14 7:58 pm
- Bungled probe nearly cost hospital federal dollars Updated: Apr-07-14 1:11 pm
- Heroin addicts face barriers to treatment Updated: Apr-06-14 1:44 pm
- Heroin grows as alternative prescription drugs Updated: Apr-05-14 10:17 am
- Wisconsin governor signs oral chemotherapy bill Updated: Apr-03-14 3:24 pm
- Vermont awards millions to health care providers Updated: Apr-02-14 7:14 pm
- North Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Apr-01-14 2:33 pm
- 76ers' Moultrie out 5 games for drug violation Updated: Mar-31-14 7:48 pm
- Q&A: Status update as health law marks a milestone Updated: Mar-31-14 1:41 pm
- Rural residents confront higher health care costs Updated: Mar-30-14 2:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Some Republicans in conservative South Dakota are putting the contentious politics of immigration reform aside and backing a measure to provide prenatal care to women living in the state illegally whose children will become citizens of the United States.
That little voice nagging you to put down the cake and lace up the running shoes is increasingly coming from your employer and is likely to grow louder with a looming change under the federal health care overhaul.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Beth Moore left her job - and her health insurance - to start her own company in January.
SACRAMENTO, California - Swan Lockett had high hopes that President Barack Obama's health overhaul would lead her family to an affordable insurance plan, but that hasn't happened.
Minneapolis Star Tribune, April 18
UnitedHealth Group's first-quarter net income slid 8 percent as funding cuts to a key product and costs imposed by the health care overhaul dented the health insurer's performance.
HONOLULU - When Piilani Smith was diagnosed with infertility at the doctor's office and chose to pursue fertility treatment, she was shocked by what she learned.
AKRON, Ohio - Deputies in northeast Ohio say dozens of pairs of pricey athletic shoes seized in a drug case are going to be distributed to needy kids.
WASHINGTON - The Affordable Care Act's health insurance subsidies will cost a little less than previously thought, according to a new report released Monday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The cost of home and long-term health care is increasing in Virginia and is rising faster than national levels in some cases.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An annual survey shows long-term and home health care costs in West Virginians are outpacing such costs nationally.
MIAMI - Diabetics beware. Your insurance company is looking for you.
WASHINGTON - How is it that a few doctors take in millions of dollars from Medicare?
Patients from the health care overhaul's new insurance exchanges have been more likely to use expensive specialty drugs for chronic conditions, according to data from the nation's largest pharmacy benefits manager.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The city of Hattiesburg has signed a two-year contract with Medical Analysis LLC of Biloxi to operate a clinic to serve municipal workers and their dependents.
The government has raised its payment estimate for Medicare Advantage plans months ahead of a busy election season during which cuts to the program promise to be a key focus for politicians and voters.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Officials at a Portland hospital had to draft a hurried plan of action to avoid losing Medicare funding after a federal agency determined the hospital failed to thoroughly investigate a series of complaints from patients who accused an emergency room nurse of sex abuse.
NEW YORK - As the ranks of heroin users rise, increasing numbers of addicts are looking for help but are failing to find it - because there are no beds in packed facilities, treatment is hugely expensive and insurance companies won't pay for inpatient rehab.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming public health officials don't systematically track heroin deaths, but it's clear that the nation's least populated state is not immune to the national trend of rising heroin use.
MILWAUKEE - Gov. Scott Walker signed a bill into law Thursday that is designed to lower the cost of chemotherapy drugs that cancer patients take in pill form, a proposal that passed the Legislature with broad bipartisan support after initially being stymied due to opposition from the insurance industry and a handful of Republicans.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Vermont awarded more than $2.6 million in grants to health care providers Wednesday in a push to cut costs and promote health care innovation across the state.
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
WASHINGTON - Like so much about the government's health care overhaul, Monday's deadline to sign up for coverage in 2014 didn't turn out quite as planned: Many people still are eligible for extensions that will let them enroll.
DENVER - Bill Fales wanted a new baler and a better irrigation system for the 700-acre ranch where he raises grass-fed beef cattle, but he scrapped those plans when he saw his new health insurance premiums.