- Walker says he's not taking stand on birthright citizenship Updated: Aug-21-15 9:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker said in a television interview Friday he is not taking a position on whether children born to immigrants here illegally should automatically be citizens.
- The Latest on Croatian hostage killed by Islamic State Updated: Aug-12-15 3:03 pm
CAIRO - The latest in the events surrounding the purported slaying by Egypt's Islamic State affiliate of Croatian hostage Tomislav Salopek, after an online image was circulated Wednesday showing his beheaded body.
- 4th blogger killed in Bangladesh by suspected militants Updated: Aug-07-15 8:47 pm
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Suspected militants posing as tenants entered an apartment building and hacked to death a secular blogger in Bangladesh's capital in the fourth such deadly attack this year, police said.
- Egypt unveils Suez Canal extension with pomp-filled ceremony Updated: Aug-06-15 5:22 pm
ISMAILIA, Egypt - In a defining moment of his young presidency, Egypt's Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi presided Thursday over the unveiling of a major extension of the Suez Canal that he hailed as a historic feat needed to revive the country's ailing economy after years of unrest.
- Egypt's disaffected youth increasingly calling for violence Updated: Aug-04-15 2:01 am
CAIRO - The 20-year-old law student says he has had enough of fruitless protests in support of Egypt's deposed Islamist president, two years of a losing struggle with police.