- 4 WNBA teams to play 2-game preseason tourney Updated: Apr-23-14 12:27 pm
- Rape charges added in Missouri girl's death Updated: Apr-22-14 2:19 pm
- NV youth coach pleads no contest to battery charge Updated: Apr-19-14 9:31 pm
- LA-area coach gets over 130 years for molestations Updated: Apr-18-14 8:14 pm
- Youth baseball coach sentenced for molestation Updated: Apr-15-14 4:26 pm
- Cal Ripken World Series coming to Jonesboro Updated: Apr-15-14 2:06 pm
- Syrian youth footballer killed in mortar attack Updated: Apr-15-14 6:14 am
- Youngsville considers tobacco ban at sports center Updated: Apr-11-14 10:02 am
- Girl hockey teams on the decline in Vermont Updated: Apr-10-14 8:16 pm
- Italian power AS Roma to visit Disney again Updated: Apr-10-14 12:21 pm
- Work starting on new Evansville sports complex Updated: Apr-09-14 7:42 am
- 'El Maestro' Tabarez leads Uruguay at World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:18 am
- NCAA hosts summit to discuss state of women's game Updated: Apr-08-14 7:44 pm
- MLS team to run new Rapid City soccer club Updated: Apr-04-14 10:56 am
- Cops: NY player assaulted ref at Pa. hockey game Updated: Apr-01-14 11:31 am
- Kentucky legislature finishing work for 2014 Updated: Mar-31-14 6:47 pm
- Kentucky passes bill allowing teens to referee Updated: Mar-31-14 3:43 pm
- Mass. football coach charged with assaulting boy Updated: Mar-31-14 12:54 pm
- Heads Up Football program flourishing Updated: Mar-28-14 4:24 pm
- Former Ohio coach gets 7 years for sex with child Updated: Mar-28-14 6:05 am
- US college sports system a rarity across the globe Updated: Mar-27-14 6:23 pm
- Pasco girls wrestling coach pleads not guilty Updated: Mar-26-14 11:17 am
- Detroit outlines new vision for Tiger Stadium site Updated: Mar-25-14 12:11 pm
- NFL gives $45 million youth football grant Updated: Mar-24-14 1:50 pm
- Ex-treasurer of NY youth hockey program sentenced Updated: Mar-24-14 12:51 pm
NEW YORK - Four WNBA teams will take part in a preseason tournament in Orlando over Mother's Day weekend.
ST. LOUIS - A southwest Missouri youth football coach accused of kidnapping and killing a 10-year-old girl is now facing rape and sodomy charges.
MINDEN, Nevada - A Nevada youth soccer coach accused of striking a referee after a game has pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge.
LANCASTER, California - A former Southern California youth soccer coach has been sentenced to over 130 years in prison for molesting 15 children.
MARTINEZ, California - A judge has sentenced a longtime San Francisco Bay Area youth baseball coach convicted of molesting children to nearly 11 years in prison.
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Cal Ripken 10-year-old World Series and Jonesboro city officials have finalized plans for Jonesboro to host the 2015 series.
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Syrian Football Association says a national youth team player has been killed in a mortar attack in the central city of Homs.
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville City Council has introduced an ordinance that would ban all tobacco products in the new youth sports complex set to open in the spring.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Participation in girl's hockey in Vermont has been declining for years, leaving coaches and officials to worry about the health of the sport in the state.
ORLANDO, Florida - Italian soccer powerhouse AS Roma is returning to Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando for a week of training and a friendly against Orlando City.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Construction is starting on a new $14 million sports complex in Evansville that officials say will help the city attract many youth baseball and softball tournaments.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - To say that Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez has been around would be an understatement.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - With the build up to Tuesday night's matchup of undefeated teams in the women's national title showdown, a group of stakeholders in the sport met to discuss how to increase interest in the game and keep the momentum going after the final buzzer of the UConn-Notre Dame matchup.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Soccer organizations in Rapid City are merging and forging a partnership with a major league team.
CORAOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - A youth hockey player from New York has been charged with assaulting a referee during a tournament near Pittsburgh.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky General Assembly on Monday banned electronic cigarette sales to minors and approved the state's first use of a medicinal marijuana product, among other measures, on the legislature's last day before the upcoming veto session.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Teenagers under 14 can referee youth sports leagues under a bill that passed the Kentucky General Assembly on Monday.
LEOMINSTER, Massachusetts - A former Massachusetts youth football coach who allegedly sexually assaulted a boy on his team has been ordered held on $15,000 cash bail.
ORLANDO, Fla - When USA Football created a program to teach safe tackling to youngsters, it projected reaching a few hundred football organizations throughout the nation.
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio soccer coach has been sentenced to seven years in prison after he was found guilty of having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
The U.S. college sports system, which generates billions of dollars and draws millions of fans and viewers every year, is a rarity across the globe.
KENNEWICK, Washington - A four-time Washington state girls wrestling champion who became an assistant coach for girls wrestling at Pasco High School pleaded not guilty to a charge of child molestation.
DETROIT - Detroit has released a new vision for the former site of Tiger Stadium that would include a youth baseball field along with stores, residential space and offices.
ORLANDO, Florida - The NFL Foundation is giving USA Football a five-year, $45 million grant to expand the already burgeoning Heads Up Football program that teaches safe tackling to youngsters.
BUFFALO, New York - The former treasurer of a western New York youth hockey club has been sentenced to weekends in jail and community service for stealing $90,000 from the club to support a gambling addiction.