- Concussions and the long, dangerous road to recovery Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - Jackie Adams' descent into despair began in 2007 with an elbow to the head when she was an Ocean City High School sophomore during a girls soccer game.
- Topeka promoters seek new audience Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The brief encounter happened some 20 years ago, but it remains fresh in Larry Farmer's mind today.
- Donor helps youth football team after Disney disappointment Updated: Nov-25-15 9:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - An undefeated youth football team from Philadelphia is heading to Walt Disney World, thanks to a donor who learned of the team's disappointment when a rule change killed its chance to play in the Magic Kingdom.
- Omaha native, baseball standout Kyle Peterson gets OPC honor Updated: Nov-21-15 7:01 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha native and former Major League player and ESPN baseball analyst Kyle Peterson is the latest person honored as the 147th Face on the Barroom Floor.
- USSF recommends ban on headers for players 10 and under Updated: Nov-09-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Soccer Federation is recommending a ban on headers for players 10 and under, limits for players between 11 and 13 and having medical professionals rather than coaches make decisions on whether players suspected of concussions can remain in games.
- Youth archery hunt allowed at state park near Mandan Updated: Nov-09-15 6:39 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Officials say a youth archery deer hunt is being allowed at Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park south of Mandan.
- Lansing man gets year in jail for embezzling almost $100K Updated: Nov-05-15 7:49 am
LANSING, Michigan - A former Michigan State University accountant has been sentenced to a year in jail for embezzling nearly $100,000 from two youth sports leagues.