- Gruden concerned about youth sports Updated: Mar-07-14 5:03 am
- Wilkinson Co. wins Class A boys basketball title Updated: Mar-06-14 7:37 pm
- Randolph-Clay wins Class A girls basketball title Updated: Mar-06-14 5:09 pm
- Youth archery competition planned for Porcupine Updated: Mar-06-14 5:19 am
- PIAA Girls Basketball Tournament Updated: Mar-03-14 8:48 am
- 'Marsh Madness' heading to Burton Coliseum Updated: Mar-02-14 6:55 pm
- Tigers, Gamecocks set for baseball series Updated: Feb-27-14 3:51 pm
- Ex-youth baseball treasurer sentenced for theft Updated: Feb-27-14 12:53 pm
- Plains beats Santo in semifinal Updated: Feb-27-14 12:12 pm
- Philly-area man pleads guilty in rape of girl, 11 Updated: Feb-27-14 8:26 am
- 2 teens arrested in fatal Macon shooting Updated: Feb-25-14 4:21 pm
- Study: Youth football participation up in '13 Updated: Feb-21-14 6:11 pm
- Paxton 39, Chipley 34 Updated: Feb-20-14 7:27 pm
- Jacksonville Ribault over Fort Meyers Dunbar 72-53 Updated: Feb-19-14 11:00 pm
- Miami Country Day 65, Seffner Christian 51 Updated: Feb-19-14 9:13 pm
- Study: Concussions less prevalent in young players Updated: Feb-19-14 9:03 am
- Former NH youth coach gets 40 years on sex charges Updated: Feb-18-14 2:48 pm
- Maine woman indicted on embezzlement charges Updated: Feb-15-14 4:05 pm
- NH youth baseball president pleads guilty to theft Updated: Feb-15-14 9:27 am
Like any successful coach, Jon Gruden understands the importance of statistics. He doesn't like the numbers he's seeing about youth sports participation and funding.
MACON, Georgia - Torrico Simmons scored 18 points to lead Wilkinson County to a 72-64 win over Turner County in the GHSA Class A boys state championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
MACON, Georgia - Brandi Buie scored 19 points to lead Randolph-Clay to a 53-32 win over Mitchell County Thursday in the GHSA Class A public school championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
PORCUPINE, South Dakota - Students from across South Dakota will gather March 15 to compete in an archery tournament co-sponsored by the Shannon County School District and the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Department.
Matchups for the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association girls basketball tournament, beginning with first-round games on Friday. First number is district and place, second is season record.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Lake Charles' Burton Coliseum will be on center stage for the next two weeks as "Marsh Madness," the Top 28 state boys and girls basketball championship tournaments, is held there.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Early college baseball series rarely get bigger than this for Clemson and South Carolina.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A former Merrimack Valley Youth Baseball and Softball League treasurer been sentenced to six months in jail for embezzling more than $15,000 from the organization.
AUSTIN, Texas - Riley Earnest scored 26 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Plains past Santo 56-39 in a UIL State Class 1A Division 1 girls basketball state semifinal Thursday.
DOYLESTOWN, Pennsylvania - A former leader of a suburban Philadelphia youth sports organization charged with repeatedly raping a girl starting when she was 11 has pleaded guilty in the case.
MACON, Georgia - Bibb County sheriff's officials have arrested two teenagers in the shooting death of a 16-year-old boy.
INDIANAPOLIS - A new report being released Friday found that the number of football players 8 or younger increased by 10.2 percent from 2012 to 2013 - a stark contrast to recent trends showing overall athletic participation is waning.
LAKELAND, Florida - Emily Murray scored the game's final seven points to lead Paxton to a 39-34 victory over Chipley in the Florida Class 1A girls basketball championship game.
LAKELAND, Florida - JaTavia Tapley had 19 points to lead Jacksonville Ribault to a 72-53 victory over Fort Myers Dunbar in the Florida Class 4A girls basketball championship game Wednesday.
LAKELAND, Florida - Maria Alvarez and Channise Lewis scored 15 points apiece to lead Miami Country Day to a 65-51 victory over Seffner Christian in the Florida Class 3A girls basketball championship game.
INDIANAPOLIS - A new study shows youth football players are diagnosed with fewer concussions than other injuries.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A former New Hampshire youth baseball coach convicted of sexual exploitation of a child and possessing child pornography has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Winslow woman has been indicted on charges of bilking two youth sports teams.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The former head of a youth baseball and softball league in the New Hampshire city of Concord has pleaded guilty to embezzling thousands of dollars from the association.