- Baton Rouge-area home sales increase in July Updated: Aug-27-15 7:02 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the second month in a row, the number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge increased from a year ago.
- Partnership to rehab, sell up to 65 vacant houses in Detroit Updated: Aug-26-15 9:08 pm
DETROIT - The city of Detroit is stepping up efforts to stabilize neighborhoods by rehabilitating empty houses and making them move-in ready for auction.
- Family of 5 sells house, moves into 200-square-foot home Updated: Aug-23-15 11:47 am
SELBY, South Dakota - A family of five has traded in their 2,500-square-foot house for a 200-square-foot living space in northern South Dakota.
- Company to raze Lafayette home where man's body decayed Updated: Aug-21-15 2:13 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A construction company that's purchased the Lafayette home where an 88-year-old man lay dead for more than nine months plans to raze the residence and build a new one in its place.
- Alicia Keys puts 32-room New Jersey home on market for $15M Updated: Aug-21-15 7:52 am
ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey - Officials say Alicia Keys has put her 32-room northern New Jersey home and an adjacent property on the market with an asking price of $14.9 million.
- US home sales soar in July to fastest pace since early 2007 Updated: Aug-20-15 12:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their home-buying for a third straight month in July, as sales accelerated to the strongest pace in eight years.
- California home sales remain robust, hold at nine-year high Updated: Aug-19-15 7:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Sales of California homes remained robust in July, with the number of houses and condos sold hitting a nine-year high for the second month in a row, a research firm reported Wednesday.
- Wisconsin sees strong showing in residential housing market Updated: Aug-18-15 11:43 am
MILWAUKEE - Economists credit the state's unemployment rate and pent up demand for Wisconsin's strong showing so far this year in residential real estate.
- US mortgage debt little changed even as sales, prices rise Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are buying more homes and at higher prices, yet new data shows that mortgage debt is little changed.
- Weirton plans to create sales tax under home rule program Updated: Aug-12-15 8:55 am
WEIRTON, West Virginia - Weirton City Council plans to establish a city sales tax under the state's home rule program.
- Median Las Vegas-area home price is up to $218,000 Updated: Aug-10-15 8:04 am
LAS VEGAS - Southern Nevada real estate agents say the area's median home price has climbed to $218,000 in July.
- Owner seeks $12.5 million for Pass Christian home Updated: Aug-10-15 7:58 am
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - The Pass Christian home of Charles and Nancy Ramsey is the most expensive MLS-listed house in Mississippi at $12.5 million.
- Owners turning to auctions to sell their high-end properties Updated: Aug-01-15 11:13 am
EDWARDS, Colorado - Bob and Karin Weber built their dream home 14 years ago, creating an 11,000-square-foot mountaintop oasis. Now that the couple is in their 70s, they're ready to downsize.
- US pending home sales slip in June Updated: Jul-30-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - The number of signed contracts to buy homes fell in June, as limited supplies of homes on the market are holding back possible sales growth.
- Rhode Island single-family home sales increase 8 percent Updated: Jul-29-15 10:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Sales of single-family homes increased 8 percent in Rhode Island in the second quarter of the year, and median prices are also on the rise.
- Court upholds reversal of house's tax sale over $6.30 bill Updated: Jul-29-15 5:37 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has upheld an appeals court decision reversing the sale of a widow's home that was triggered by a $6.30 tax bill.
- Virginia home sales post strongest second quarter in 7 years Updated: Jul-29-15 4:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia residential real estate market saw its strongest second quarter since the 2008 recession, according to recent report.
- Massachusetts homes sales soar in June Updated: Jul-28-15 11:52 am
BOSTON - The number of single-family homes sold in Massachusetts last month shot up by more than 11 percent compared with June 2014, making it the best June in a decade, an organization that tracks the real estate market announced Tuesday.