- Pending US home sales jump to strongest level in 9 years Updated: May-28-15 10:46 am
WASHINGTON - Americans signed contracts to buy homes in April at the fastest pace in nearly nine years, evidence that steady job growth is strengthening the real estate market.
- US home prices rose at steady pace in March from year ago Updated: May-26-15 11:10 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a steady pace in March, pushed higher by a limited supply of houses for sale.
- 32 families face eviction after sale of mobile-home park Updated: May-26-15 6:16 am
KIRKLAND, Washington - Seniors, veterans, and families are facing eviction as developer plans to build 19 high-end homes on the site of their mobile-home park in Kirkland.
- California home prices, sales rise in April Updated: May-21-15 5:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home prices climbed to a new 7 1/2-year high in April as low interest rates and job growth lured buyers, a research firm said Thursday. Sales were brisk.
- US home sales slide in April amid listing shortage Updated: May-21-15 1:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Sales of existing U.S. homes slipped in April due mainly to relatively few listings and rising prices, providing evidence of the housing sector's uneven recovery.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.84 percent Updated: May-21-15 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates edged slightly lower this week after rising for three straight weeks.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald's former home on the market for $3.8M Updated: May-20-15 6:32 pm
GREAT NECK, New York - The suburban New York home where F. Scott Fitzgerald is believed to have written "The Great Gatsby" is up for sale.
- Real estate market slows, but doesn't stop, in Ferguson Updated: May-19-15 5:56 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - Despite all the unrest in the streets of Ferguson, the St. Louis County town's real estate market is holding its own.
- US homebuilders' confidence in sales prospects ebbs Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly less confident about their sales prospects, a reflection of the sluggish start to this spring's home-selling season.
- Twin Cities housing market sees spike in sales in April Updated: May-13-15 5:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - An industry group says April was the best month for the housing market in the Twin Cities area in nearly 10 years.
- First-time buyers face hurdles to homeownership this spring Updated: May-12-15 11:31 am
Young people aspiring to buy their first home are already facing disappointment this year.
- Biloxi Shuckers tickets to go on sale for home opener Updated: May-12-15 8:30 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Tickets for the Biloxi Shuckers first game at MGM Park on June 6 will be available for purchase beginning Wednesday.
- Pitt, Jolie list French Quarter home for sale Updated: May-07-15 10:31 am
- Kansas House panel mulls sales tax hike to close budget gap Updated: May-06-15 6:08 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are considering increasing the state sales tax as the Legislature gathers proposals to close a looming budget deficit.
- Association says Va. 1Q home sales up 6.3 percent from 2014 Updated: May-05-15 11:40 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Association of REALTORS says home sales in the state increased by 6.3 percent in the first quarter compared to the same period in 2014.
- Building that housed Eleanor Roosevelt apartment is for sale Updated: May-01-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - The town house where Eleanor Roosevelt once had an apartment is on the market for $18 million.
- Massachusetts home sales remain essentially flat in March Updated: Apr-28-15 9:28 am
BOSTON - Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts remained essentially flat last month when compared to the year-ago March, despite a winter of record-setting snowfall that had the potential to disrupt the process, two organizations that track the market announced Tuesday.