- Med students create, run free clinic in Norfolk Updated: Dec-07-13 10:08 am
- More signs that US births may have stopped falling Updated: Dec-06-13 12:22 am
- Court: forced C-section was medically justified Updated: Dec-05-13 8:52 am
- Haverhill woman acquitted of child rape charges Updated: Dec-05-13 6:53 am
- Calif. couple conceives rare identical triplets Updated: Dec-04-13 11:13 pm
- Fertility drugs lead to more big multiple births Updated: Dec-04-13 5:19 pm
- Lawyer: Detained woman awoke to find womb empty Updated: Dec-04-13 2:53 pm
- Report: HIV/AIDS cases decline in Alabama Updated: Dec-04-13 5:34 am
- Notre Dame sues over birth control mandate Updated: Dec-03-13 4:52 pm
- Critics slam woman's forced C-section in Britain Updated: Dec-03-13 1:00 pm
- Roundup of Oklahoma editorials Updated: Dec-03-13 9:05 am
- ACLU sues US bishops over Catholic hospital ethics Updated: Dec-02-13 7:43 pm
- Fertility doctors aim to lower rate of twin births Updated: Dec-02-13 4:56 pm
- Student gets probation in central Pa. baby's death Updated: Nov-26-13 5:31 pm
- Hobby Lobby founder applauds Supreme Court review Updated: Nov-26-13 5:23 pm
- French drugmaker warns on morning-after pill Updated: Nov-26-13 11:58 am
- Supreme Court weighs new health law dispute Updated: Nov-25-13 5:43 pm
- MTV series focuses on lives of sperm donor kids Updated: Nov-24-13 5:52 pm
- $15 million awarded in childbirth death lawsuit Updated: Nov-23-13 11:50 am
- Man accused of giving Ind. infant STD found guilty Updated: Nov-22-13 4:59 pm
- Sex scientists in Omaha to discuss their research Updated: Nov-22-13 6:14 am
- Woman gets prison for faking illness to flee jail Updated: Nov-21-13 8:08 pm
- Pa. Catholic groups win health care act delay Updated: Nov-21-13 5:09 pm
- Task force seeks new laws for pregnant drug users Updated: Nov-20-13 10:35 am
- Emory offers counseling for pregnant women Updated: Nov-19-13 4:07 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - For Cara Wright, taking someone's blood pressure at a free clinic on Southampton Avenue in Norfolk is pretty straightforward.
ATLANTA - There's more evidence that U.S. births may be leveling off after years of decline.
LONDON - A newly released court judgment says that doctors were medically justified in forcing a woman to have a cesarean section last year because it was in her best interests.
SALEM, Massachusetts - A Haverhill woman has been acquitted of raping a 12-year-old boy and giving him a sexually transmitted disease.
SACRAMENTO, California - Doctors at a Northern California hospital say a couple has given birth to a rare set of naturally conceived identical triplets.
Triplets-and-more increasingly are the result of drugs given to women to make them produce eggs - not from using multiple embryos from IVF, or lab-dish fertilization, new research shows.
ROME - A lawyer for an Italian forced to have a cesarean section in Britain after authorities found her mentally incompetent to make medical decisions says the woman had made it clear she wanted to return to Italy to give birth.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A new report says Alabama's HIV and AIDS rate has dropped slightly, but its rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea have gone up.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame on Tuesday filed another lawsuit opposing portions of the federal health care overhaul that forces it to provide health insurance for students and employees that includes birth control, saying it contravenes the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
LONDON - A local British authority is coming under harsh criticism for having a court declare a pregnant Italian woman incompetent, forcing her to have a cesarean section and then taking her baby into custody.
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
The American Civil Liberties Union filed a sweeping federal lawsuit against the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops over its ethical guidelines for Roman Catholic hospitals, arguing the directives were to blame for negligent care of a pregnant woman who went into early labor and whose baby died within hours.
BOSTON - In the five years since the "Octomom" case, big multiple births have gone way down but the twin rate has barely budged. Now fertility experts are pushing a new goal: One.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - A judge has sentenced a young woman to four years of probation for discarding her stillborn baby in a bathroom trash can at her central Pennsylvania high school.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The founder of Hobby Lobby says he is encouraged that the U.S. Supreme Court has decided to take up the company's lawsuit over the new health care law's provision on insurance for contraceptives.
PARIS - A French contraceptive maker said Tuesday its morning-after pill doesn't work when taken by women who weigh more than 80 kilograms (176 pounds) and plans to change its labels to warn patients.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's health care law is headed for a new Supreme Court showdown over companies' religious objections to the law's birth-control mandate.
NEW YORK - Breeanna Speicher's curiosity about her background led her to a family she never knew she had and inspired a new MTV series that stretches the very concept of family.
CHICAGO - Jurors have awarded a $15 million settlement to the husband of a suburban Chicago high school teacher who died while giving birth.
MUNCIE, Indiana - An Ohio man accused of infecting a 6-month-old girl with venereal disease has been found guilty of child molesting and attempted child molesting.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Sex is the topic at the next Omaha Science Cafe.
HOWELL, Michigan - A convicted meth dealer who faked a pregnancy-related problem in an effort to escape from the Livingston County jail has received a 13- to 30-year prison sentence.
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge in western Pennsylvania says Catholic groups don't immediately have to comply with mandates in the federal health care overhaul law.
ANDERSON, Indiana - Indiana medical and legal experts are pushing for laws that would allow more monitoring of pregnant women who use drugs in an effort to prevent babies from being born with addictions.
ATLANTA - Emory University's medical school has announced a new counseling service to provide information about pregnancy and early motherhood.