- US awards $4M to help Haitians hurt by drought Updated: Apr-24-14 2:17 pm
- Pryor: Polk County to receive $1.1M in FEMA funds Updated: Apr-24-14 1:26 pm
- $3 million grant awarded to St. Bernard Project Updated: Apr-24-14 10:40 am
- Senate approves Oklahoma school shelter plan Updated: Apr-23-14 6:38 pm
- Vermont seeks FEMA damage probe of April flooding Updated: Apr-23-14 11:46 am
- Illinois plans April 30 day of preparedness Updated: Apr-23-14 4:05 am
- Lawmakers urge speedy aid for struggling fishermen Updated: Apr-23-14 3:04 am
- Ga. woman guilty in FEMA disaster assistance fraud Updated: Apr-22-14 4:52 pm
- FEMA OKs aid for 19 Indiana counties hit by storm Updated: Apr-22-14 12:32 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-22-14 10:04 am
- Service centers to open to help after flooding Updated: Apr-21-14 7:52 pm
- Oklahoma shelter group to launch another petition Updated: Apr-21-14 4:36 pm
- NM, Arizona senators on wildfire tour Updated: Apr-21-14 3:04 am
- Kokomo area rebounds from flooding 1 year ago Updated: Apr-20-14 1:11 pm
- Forest Service to host flood recovery meetings Updated: Apr-19-14 6:23 pm
- After long wait, ranchers find relief from USDA Updated: Apr-19-14 4:40 pm
- ODU helps develop evacuation model for disasters Updated: Apr-19-14 11:05 am
- Oil transport draws cry for disaster training help Updated: Apr-19-14 9:30 am
- Joplin prepares to open several new safe rooms Updated: Apr-18-14 10:55 am
- Snyder: Counties getting help after harsh weather Updated: Apr-17-14 6:37 pm
- Restoration of historic building steps completed Updated: Apr-17-14 6:13 pm
- Snyder declares disasters in 2 Michigan counties Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Ala seeks federal aid after flooding Updated: Apr-17-14 2:22 pm
- Little government response to bombing a year later Updated: Apr-17-14 3:11 am
- Heavy rain floods northern New England, 1 dead Updated: Apr-17-14 12:44 am
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The American government has awarded $4 million to help Haitian families hurt by a drought in the Caribbean nation's northwest.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - U.S. Senator Mark Pryor says Polk County will receive $1.1 million in disaster-relief funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
NEW ORLEANS - The Z Zurich Foundation is giving a $3 million grant to St. Bernard Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping disaster-impacted communities recover in a prompt, efficient and predictable way.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A proposal supported by Gov. Mary Fallin to help more school districts pay for safety upgrades like storm shelters and safe rooms has cleared the Oklahoma Senate.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont officials are asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency to assess the damage from last week's flooding that closed roads and bridges to see if some counties qualify for federal disaster assistance.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois officials are encouraging residents to participate next week in a first-ever national day of preparedness for tornadoes and floods.
BOSTON - Members of the Massachusetts' all-Democratic congressional delegation are urging the federal Department of Commerce to immediately begin the process of allocating $75 million in fishery disaster funding.
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a metro Atlanta woman has pleaded guilty to her involvement in a scheme to defraud the federal government of disaster relief money.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved disaster aid for 19 Indiana counties hit by a January storm that brought paralyzing snow and frigid readings.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
EVART, Michigan - State emergency officials say two service centers will open this week in Newaygo and Osceola counties to provide information and resources to residents affected by flooding.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The attorney for an organization that wants to place storm shelters in Oklahoma's public schools said Monday it is abandoning the effort and will launch a second petition following the Oklahoma Supreme Court's decision not to reconsider an earlier ruling in the case.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Getting back to normal hasn't been easy for many families affected by flooding of the Wildcat Creek one year ago.
LONGMONT, Colorado - The U.S. Forest Service has scheduled two public meetings in Nederland and Lyons to discuss ongoing flood recovery efforts on National Forest System land.
WASHINGTON - Gary Cammack wondered if his state's ranching community could recover.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - It took nine hours to get most of the people to the interstate across the river when the zombies closed in on Charleston, West Virginia
STAPLES, Minnesota - Trains have traveled through this part of Minnesota for just under 150 years, and as the small town of Staples grew around their tracks, railroads were virtually the only source of jobs for decades.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin residents will soon be able to seek shelter from storms in safe rooms across the city, school district officials said.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday declared a state of emergency for Marquette County following widespread, severe damage to water and sewer lines caused by this winter's extreme cold.
SHAWNEE, Oklahoma - St. Gregory's University in Shawnee says it has completed restoration work on the front steps of its historic Benedictine Hall, which was damaged by an earthquake in 2011.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has declared a state of disaster in two northern Michigan counties grappling with widespread flooding and wind damage.
CLANTON, Alabama - The state of Alabama is seeking federal aid following last week's flooding across central Alabama.
BOSTON - A year after homemade bombs ripped through the Boston Marathon, state and federal officials have enacted virtually no policy changes in response to the attack, a dramatic departure from previous acts of terrorism that prompted waves of government action.
PORTLAND, Maine - Heavy flooding throughout northern New England was blamed for at least one fatality as officials on Wednesday urged residents in all three states to avoid water-covered roadways and watch out for overflowing rivers.