- Yemen says airstrike targeted al-Qaida militants Updated: Dec-13-13 4:12 pm
- Ex-camper sues Citadel over alleged abuse Updated: Dec-13-13 4:02 pm
- White House to keep NSA, cyber oversight together Updated: Dec-13-13 3:33 pm
- Vt court rejects prison guard military service woe Updated: Dec-13-13 2:43 pm
- Defense bill aims to address sexual assault crisis Updated: Dec-13-13 2:01 pm
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in C. African Rep. Updated: Dec-13-13 1:56 pm
- 100,000 gather to see Mandela, many turned away Updated: Dec-13-13 1:41 pm
- Hagel: All states complying with same-sex benefits Updated: Dec-13-13 11:52 am
- Army, Air Force to honor WWII pilot at burial Updated: Dec-13-13 10:07 am
- Reid hopes to speed Senate consideration on budget Updated: Dec-13-13 8:23 am
- Agents seize marijuana at Santa Teresa crossing Updated: Dec-13-13 8:11 am
- Iran's fears of being a target cloud nuke talks Updated: Dec-13-13 3:43 am
- Navy investigator to plead guilty in fraud case Updated: Dec-12-13 8:04 pm
- Islamic extremist leader boasts of Nigerian attack Updated: Dec-12-13 5:50 pm
- Appeals court upholds ruling for Neb. railroad Updated: Dec-12-13 4:36 pm
- Air Force SC base places Nativity near chapel Updated: Dec-12-13 4:00 pm
- Gov. Haley's husband returns from Afghanistan Updated: Dec-12-13 1:28 pm
- Thai protesters cut power, water to PM's offices Updated: Dec-12-13 11:14 am
- Infantry brigade at Fort Benning to end operations Updated: Dec-12-13 7:23 am
- Kan. National Guard soldiers heading to Kosovo Updated: Dec-12-13 5:04 am
- Christmas trees are given to NC service members Updated: Dec-12-13 4:06 am
- Aviation schools prepare for boom in drone jobs Updated: Dec-12-13 1:19 am
- Budget deal offers stability to Pentagon spending Updated: Dec-11-13 9:25 pm
- Air Force Academy leader seeks to end spy program Updated: Dec-11-13 8:01 pm
- Arsenal advances despite 2-0 loss at Napoli in CL Updated: Dec-11-13 5:54 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's official security committee said on Friday that people targeted in an airstrike in central city were al-Qaida militants including those who masterminded attacks on vital institutions, the police and army.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A lawsuit contends that The Citadel knew one of its counselors was abusing summer campers in the mid-1990s but didn't fire him and did nothing to stop it - yet another in a string of sexual-abuse accusations that have been made against two men who worked at the military college's summer camp.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will continue the National Security Agency's surveillance programs and cyber command operations under the direction of a single military commander, the first move in advance of what published reports described Friday as limited changes proposed by a task force that deliberated for months in secrecy.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court has rejected a claim by a former temporary state correctional officer that he was denied a permanent job because he was preparing to head to Afghanistan as part of the Vermont National Guard.
WASHINGTON - A comprehensive defense policy bill that aims to deal with the epidemic of sexual assault in the military is on track for Senate passage next week.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - French troops backed by a helicopter traded fire with suspected rebels in a tense Bangui neighborhood on Friday, as France's military chief arrived in Central African Republic to see how his troops are doing trying to stabilize the lawless country.
PRETORIA, South Africa - An estimated 100,000 South Africans lined up in Pretoria to view Nelson Mandela in his casket but about a third of the overwhelming crowd was sent away without being able to file past the bier.
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon says that all states are now complying with new rules allowing the same-sex spouses of military members to get ID cards in order to claim benefits.
DENVER - The Army will provide full military honors and Air Force jets will perform a fly-over when a World War II pilot who died in 1945 is buried at a veterans cemetery in Denver.
WASHINGTON - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says he'll meet with his Republican counterpart Mitch McConnell to discuss whether they can speed things up in the Senate and move on a budget agreement and a defense policy bill more quickly.
SANTA TERESA, New Mexico - Border agents in New Mexico have seized nearly 400 pounds of marijuana at the Santa Teresa crossing.
VIENNA - Assassinations, cyber-attacks and possible military strikes: As nuclear negotiations with Iran enter a crucial stage, Tehran is voicing fears that tougher oversight of its activities will increase the risks of an attack on its atomic facilities and the scientists working on them.
SAN DIEGO - A senior Navy investigator will plead guilty to bribery charges for accepting prostitution services and expensive trips in exchange for providing information and advice to an Asian defense contractor at the center of a multimillion-dollar fraud probe, the Navy official's lawyer said Thursday.
LAGOS, Nigeria - The leader of an Islamic extremist group in northeastern Nigeria boasts in a new video of a daring attack on military bases in a provincial capital and threatens to attack the United States next.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A federal appeals court on Thursday upheld a lower court ruling that found U.S. border officials exceeded their authority when they imposed multimillion-dollar fines against Union Pacific Corp. for failing to discover illegal drugs in railcars that crossed into the country from Mexico.
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - Officials at Shaw Air Force Base have decided the best place for a Nativity scene is next to the installation's chapel.
WEST COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley and her family joined about 200 friends and family members welcoming home Michael Haley and his 40 fellow soldiers from Afghanistan.
BANGKOK - Anti-government protesters in Thailand cut off electricity to the prime minister's office compound on Thursday while their leaders met with businesspeople to explain why they want to oust the caretaker government before upcoming elections.
FORT BENNING, Georgia - A reduction in basic training at Fort Benning will force the 197th Infantry Brigade to discontinue operations at the post.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Approximately two dozen soldiers of the National Guard's 35th Infantry Division will soon be heading to Kosovo to fill positions in an ongoing NATO peacekeeping mission.
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION NEW RIVER, North Carolina - A nonprofit organization is bringing live Christmas trees to some Marines at the New River Air Station.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Two student pilots are seated shoulder to shoulder before a bank of video monitors, maneuvering an unmanned aircraft by keyboard and mouse as the drone descends toward a virtual runway in a suburban landscape.
WASHINGTON - Working-age military retirees would see fewer dollars in their federal pensions and the Pentagon would get some long-sought stability in spending under Congress' budget deal.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force inspector general has been ordered to investigate the case of former Air Force Academy cadet Eric Thomas, who was expelled in April for actions Thomas said were part of his work as a confidential informant for the academy.
NAPLES, Italy - Ten-man Arsenal advanced to the Champions League knockout phase for the 14th consecutive year despite a 2-0 loss on Wednesday at Napoli, which was eliminated from the competition.