- Air Force Academy leader seeks to end spy program Updated: Dec-11-13 8:01 pm
- World War II aviator to be buried in Colorado Updated: Dec-11-13 7:53 pm
- Black and white, thousands bid farewell to Mandela Updated: Dec-11-13 6:07 pm
- Arsenal advances despite 2-0 loss at Napoli in CL Updated: Dec-11-13 5:54 pm
- Budget deal offers stability to Pentagon spending Updated: Dec-11-13 5:35 pm
- House votes to dig up veteran involved in homicide Updated: Dec-11-13 5:26 pm
- News outlets urge Syria rebels to halt abductions Updated: Dec-11-13 5:17 pm
- NSA: No better way to protect US than surveillance Updated: Dec-11-13 4:49 pm
- SC Guard unit to return with Gov. Haley's husband Updated: Dec-11-13 4:47 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 3:34 pm
- Marine's family sues Greek entities for lost heart Updated: Dec-11-13 2:29 pm
- Audubon Florida objects to military training plan Updated: Dec-11-13 2:25 pm
- Members of Golden Knights honored for saving life Updated: Dec-11-13 2:05 pm
- 19 defect from Uganda's LRA rebel group Updated: Dec-11-13 12:37 pm
- Senate panel approves Obama's pick for DHS No. 2 Updated: Dec-11-13 11:34 am
- Gulf nations to create joint military command Updated: Dec-11-13 8:32 am
- German prosecutor: still weighing NSA probe Updated: Dec-11-13 6:35 am
- Japan panel urges strong military amid China rise Updated: Dec-11-13 5:17 am
- Counter-terrorism patrols set for 3 NY counties Updated: Dec-11-13 3:05 am
- Thai democracy enters dangerous new crossroads Updated: Dec-10-13 10:55 pm
- Everything 'goes wrong' on JBLM training flight Updated: Dec-10-13 4:34 pm
- Air Force: Bird strike caused wreck of $8M jet Updated: Dec-10-13 3:50 pm
- Air Force: Bird strike caused wreck of $8M jet Updated: Dec-10-13 3:43 pm
- SC legislator considering run for superintendent Updated: Dec-10-13 3:10 pm
- Commission: ex-Brazilian president was murdered Updated: Dec-10-13 2:13 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force inspector general has been ordered to investigate the case of former Air Force Academy cadet Eric Thomas, who was expelled in April for actions Thomas said were part of his work as a confidential informant for the academy.
DENVER - A U.S. aviator who was shot down over Germany during World War II will be buried with full military honors at Fort Logan National Cemetery in Denver after his remains were recovered in 2008 and later identified using DNA.
PRETORIA, South Africa - Black and white, old and young, South Africans by the thousands paid final tribute Wednesday to their beloved Nelson Mandela. In silence or murmuring, they filed past the coffin. Some glanced back, as if clinging to the sight, a moment in history.
NAPLES, Italy - Ten-man Arsenal advanced to the Champions League knockout phase for the 14th consecutive year despite a 2-0 loss on Wednesday at Napoli, which was eliminated from the competition.
WASHINGTON - Working-age military retirees would see fewer dollars in their federal pensions and the Pentagon would get some long-sought stability in spending under Congress' budget deal.
WASHINGTON - The House passed legislation Wednesday that instructs the Veterans Affairs Department to unearth the remains of an Army veteran buried with military honors last year even after police said he killed an Indianapolis woman and injured three others before taking his own life.
BEIRUT - Major international news organizations sent a letter to the leadership of the armed opposition in Syria Wednesday, calling for urgent action against rebel groups increasingly targeting journalists for kidnappings.
WASHINGTON - The NSA chief said Wednesday he knows of no better way his agency can help protect the U.S. from foreign threats than with spy programs that collect billions of phone and Internet records from around the world.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley's husband Michael is returning to South Carolina from his Afghanistan deployment in time for Christmas, officials announced Wednesday.
Duluth News Tribune, Dec. 10
PHILADELPHIA - The parents of a Marine whose body came back from Greece missing his heart amended their federal lawsuit Wednesday to add the Greek government and an Athens hospital as defendants.
PENSACOLA, Florida - A leading Florida environmental group on Wednesday officially objected to plans for expanding military training exercises on Panhandle land that includes two state Parks.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Everything was wrong.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Lord's Resistance Army has suffered its biggest defection in years after 19 members surrendered to an advocacy group and African Union troops hunting the insurgents in the Central African Republic, the advocacy group said.
WASHINGTON - A Senate committee has approved President Barack Obama's pick to be the No. 2 official at the Homeland Security Department.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Arab neighbors wrapped up a summit meeting in Kuwait on Wednesday by agreeing to establish a joint military command, paving the way for tighter security coordination even as their regional rival Iran pursues outreach efforts in the wake of its interim nuclear deal.
BERLIN - Germany's chief federal prosecutor says he hasn't decided whether to open an investigation into alleged surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency but is suggesting that he's skeptical.
TOKYO - A near-final draft of a new Japanese national security strategy calls for a stronger military to deal with a rising China and other growing risks close to home.
CENTRAL VALLEY, New York - Law enforcement counter-terrorism teams will be on patrol at shopping malls and commuter trains stations in a three-county area north of New York City.
BANGKOK - Protesters waging a surreal political fight to oust Thailand's elected prime minister are trying to establish what amounts to a parallel government - one complete with "security volunteers" to replace the police, a foreign policy of their own and a central committee that has already begun issuing audacious orders.
TACOMA, Washington - The Joint Base Lewis-McChord flight nurses in the air over the Northwest on Sunday had unbelievably bad luck during their training scenario inside a C-17 Globemaster III jet.
WICHITA FALLS, Texas - U.S. Air Force investigators have confirmed that a bird strike caused an $8 million jet to crash in Texas during a training flight in July.
WICHITA FALLS, Texas - U.S. Air Force investigators have confirmed that a bird strike caused an $8 million jet to crash in North Texas during a training flight in July.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A South Carolina House Republican says he's exploring a run for state superintendent next year.
SAO PAULO - The Truth Commission of the city council of Brazil's biggest city said Tuesday that the car accident that killed former President Juscelino Kubitschek in 1976 was a setup ordered by the military regime that then ruled Latin America's biggest country.