- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired; Televisa drops pageant Updated: Jun-29-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - NBC said Monday that it is ending its business relationship with mogul and GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump because of comments he made about Mexican immigrants during the announcement of his campaign.
- Transgender immigration detainees may be housed by gender Updated: Jun-29-15 7:13 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Immigration authorities will consider housing transgender detainees based on the gender they identify with in the wake of criticism about detention conditions for the population, officials said on Monday.
- Trump to consider suing after NBC ends business dealings Updated: Jun-29-15 6:27 pm
CHICAGO - Donald Trump says he'll consider suing after NBC announced it's ending its business relationship with the Republican presidential candidate over comments he made about immigrants during his campaign kickoff.
- Petition for NBC to cut ties with Trump draws 200,000 names Updated: Jun-29-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - A petition asking NBC to fire Donald Trump has collected more than 200,000 signatures.
- Volunteers help to ID immigrant remains buried in Texas Updated: Jun-28-15 4:24 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Forensic specialists in Texas are receiving volunteer help from other states as they work to identify the remains of 90 people discovered buried in a South Texas cemetery last year.
- 35 California counties extend health care to immigrants Updated: Jun-27-15 2:05 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A group of 35 California counties have agreed to provide basic health care to people who are in the United States illegally.
- Denmark to get a 1-party minority government Updated: Jun-27-15 9:46 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's Royal Palace says the leader of Denmark's center-right Liberals will present a new small, minority government with his party alone but backed by a parliamentary majority.
- Dominican Republic certifies citizenship of 55,000 Updated: Jun-26-15 9:22 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The Dominican Republic announced Friday that it has certified the nationality of about 55,000 people who had spent eight years in bureaucratic limbo because their citizenship was in doubt.
- Caseworker says Burmese immigrant shot in fatal robbery Updated: Jun-26-15 7:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jay Ro was peeling garlic to help his wife prepare a traditional Burmese breakfast for a guest when his 11-year-old son walked into the room - with a stranger holding a gun against the boy's neck.
- Hundreds rally against refugees in 2nd largest Czech city Updated: Jun-26-15 3:29 pm
BRNO, Czech Republic - Hundreds of far right supporters have rallied against immigration and Islam in the Czech Republic's second largest city Brno, while others gathered nearby in support of immigration.
- Hearing over lawmaker's 'racist bigots' remark turns rowdy Updated: Jun-26-15 1:11 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas lawmaker who used the words "racist bigots" at a March meeting to describe supporters of a bill denying in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants said on Friday that she was not referring to individual members of a legislative committee.
- 70 new citizens being naturalized in SC Lowcountry Updated: Jun-26-15 6:31 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Fourth of July is coming early for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- EU's broken asylum system allows free movement for migrants Updated: Jun-26-15 5:46 am
The Associated Press has spent months tracking a group of West Africans as they migrated illegally across Europe, confronting officialdom many times along the way but never effectively stopped, only delayed. The group's members have reached France and Germany just as they wanted.
- Oregon Senate OKs bill giving aid to students here illegally Updated: Jun-25-15 6:43 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Some Oregon students living in the U.S. without legal permission could qualify for state financial aid under a measure advanced by the state Senate Thursday, despite criticism that the state can't afford the additional grants.
- Greece grants nationality to 2nd generation immigrants Updated: Jun-25-15 2:01 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece has adopted legislation granting nationality to the children of foreign nationals living in the country, provided they attend or have attended school in the country.
- Diaz, Danticat decry deportations in Dominican Republic Updated: Jun-25-15 11:42 am
MIAMI - Two prize-winning, U.S.-based authors with roots in a divided Caribbean island are urging a range of protests against the deportations of migrants from the Dominican Republic.
- Nebraska Asian-American population growth outpaces Hispanics Updated: Jun-25-15 11:06 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's Hispanic population saw its smallest growth last year since an immigration wave to the state began more than two decades ago, while Asian-Americans became the state's fastest-growing demographic.
- Governor signs California budget with anti-poverty efforts Updated: Jun-24-15 5:49 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown signed a spending plan Wednesday that uses California's growing surplus to fund new initiatives aimed at providing relief to the poor.
- Nepalese in US can stay while country recovers from quake Updated: Jun-24-15 4:53 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. homeland security officials will let Nepalese citizens stay in the United States while their country recovers from April's devastating earthquake and aftershocks.
- Feds call for end of long-term detention of migrant families Updated: Jun-24-15 4:30 pm
HOUSTON - Federal officials plan to end the long-term detention of hundreds of migrant families who are being held mainly at two large facilities in Texas after illegally entering the country, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced Wednesday.
- The Latest: Bill to give aid to asylum seekers gets final OK Updated: Jun-23-15 10:18 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The latest on the closing stages of lawmakers' six-month legislative session:
- Senate bill allows driving cards for some immigrants Updated: Jun-23-15 9:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate has passed a bill allowing some living in Delaware illegally to obtain driver's licenses.
- Aid for asylum seekers OK'd by House, but future uncertain Updated: Jun-22-15 6:53 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-controlled House of Representatives on Monday approved a bill fiercely opposed by Republican Gov. Paul LePage that would allow the roughly 1,000 people seeking asylum in the state to continue receiving municipal welfare benefits.
- Dominican Republic offers help to migrants willing to leave Updated: Jun-22-15 6:31 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Migrants who would like to leave the Dominican Republic ahead of a wave of expected deportations are being offered help from the government of the Caribbean country.
- The Latest: Maine House OKs state aid for asylum seekers Updated: Jun-22-15 5:23 pm
5:00 p.m. (EDT)