- Kansas City group asks ICE to return deported man Updated: Mar-06-14 10:49 pm
- A Gadhafi son is extradited to Libya Updated: Mar-06-14 5:13 pm
- Lawsuit: Univision newscaster's book had false ID Updated: Mar-06-14 4:41 pm
- Fla. high court: Immigrant can't get law license Updated: Mar-06-14 1:56 pm
- Supreme Court says immigrant can't get law license Updated: Mar-06-14 12:03 pm
- Ex-Afghan translators for German army fear attacks Updated: Mar-06-14 10:58 am
- UofM leaders backing immigrant tuition program Updated: Mar-06-14 8:55 am
- House panel bars funds for immigrant advocate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:53 pm
- DOJ: NC sheriff deputies shared racist video game Updated: Mar-05-14 7:49 pm
- Judge blocks rule canceling voter's registration Updated: Mar-05-14 7:43 pm
- New Mexico governor: Tone down political rhetoric Updated: Mar-05-14 6:57 pm
- 1982 airline bomber still in immigration custody Updated: Mar-05-14 5:31 pm
- UK government under fire over immigration report Updated: Mar-05-14 10:10 am
- Crime Museum opens exhibit with immigration agency Updated: Mar-05-14 2:50 am
- Latino group leader: Obama is 'deporter in chief' Updated: Mar-04-14 8:52 pm
- Governor candidates support immigrant licenses Updated: Mar-04-14 8:35 pm
- German home-school family won't be deported Updated: Mar-04-14 7:02 pm
- Phoenix resident gets prison for citizenship fraud Updated: Mar-04-14 6:19 pm
- Italy's prime minister in Tunisia for talks Updated: Mar-04-14 4:48 pm
- California slaying suspect deported to Mexico Updated: Mar-04-14 3:31 pm
- Chinese plead for Canada to let them immigrate Updated: Mar-04-14 2:40 pm
- Researchers: 1 in 9 Virginians born outside US Updated: Mar-04-14 12:13 pm
- Agency-by-agency summary of Obama budget Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
- Justices won't hear ordinance similar to Fremont's Updated: Mar-03-14 6:11 pm
- SC immigration dispute could soon be over Updated: Mar-03-14 4:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The 12-year-old daughter of a man recently deported from Kansas City tried to meet with immigration officials Thursday to plead for her father's return from Mexico, but she and an advocacy group helping the family said they were turned away after being told no one was available after showing up unannounced.
TRIPOLI, Libya - One of Moammar Gadhafi's sons, al-Saadi, was extradited on Thursday to Libya from Niger, where he had taken refuge as his father's regime crumbled in 2011, bringing cheers from Libyans as the government prepares to prosecute him for his alleged role in trying to suppress the uprising against Gadhafi's rule.
MIAMI - A Guatemalan man claims in a lawsuit that popular Univision news host Jorge Ramos wrongly identified him as a U.S. immigration agent in a 2005 book about a fatal migrant smuggling venture, leading to death threats and eventually forcing the man and his family to leave Guatemala.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court has ruled that immigrants in the country illegally can't be given a license to practice law.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court says the Florida Bar can't admit immigrants who are in the country illegally.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Sometimes the calls come in the middle of the night. Other times it's a text message sent to a mobile phone. But the warnings are always the same, threats of death for having worked with the German military in northern Afghanistan.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The top two officials at the University of Memphis are backing a plan to allow people without legal U.S. residency to pay in-state tuition rates at the school.
WASHINGTON - The first immigration bill in the House this year would prohibit any money for the public advocate for immigrants in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say deputies of a North Carolina sheriff accused of illegally targeting Latino drivers shared links to a bloody video game in which players shoot people entering the country illegally, including children and pregnant women.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz did not have the authority to create a new rule aimed at ridding voter registration rolls of voters who didn't appear to be U.S. citizens, a judge said Wednesday.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Political opponents should tone down their harsh rhetoric and critics of President Barack Obama still need to respect his office despite political differences, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - A Jordanian-born Palestinian convicted in a 1982 airline bombing that killed a Japanese teenager remains in federal immigration custody one year after being released from prison.
LONDON - Britain's government is being accused of burying a report that suggests immigrants have only a small impact on the number of jobs for British people.
WASHINGTON - The Crime Museum in Washington is opening a new exhibit with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency about the work behind homeland security.
WASHINGTON - The president of a prominent Latino advocacy group called President Barack Obama the "deporter in chief," denouncing the administration's deportation of nearly 2 million immigrants.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor say they support a law allowing immigrants living in the U.S. illegally to get driver's licenses.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An attorney for a German couple who lost their bid for U.S. asylum in order to home-school their seven children says deportation proceedings against the family have been deferred indefinitely.
PHOENIX - A Phoenix resident has been sentenced to 10 months in federal prison and stripped of his U.S. citizenship for committing naturalization fraud.
TUNIS, Tunisia - Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has met with Tunisian leaders to push for closer cooperation on trade and immigration.
STOCKTON, California - U.S. immigration authorities say a California man has been deported to face allegations that he participated in the slayings of eight Mexican municipal government officials 13 years ago.
BEIJING - Chinese millionaires on Tuesday pleaded for the Canadian government not to throw away the immigration applications of thousands of Chinese nationals as part of its plans to end a backlogged investor program.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia's foreign-born population grew from one in 100 in 1970 to one in nine in 2012, University of Virginia researchers said Tuesday.
Agency: Health and Human Services
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to review a local immigration ordinance that closely resembles the measure approved by voters in Fremont.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina prosecutors have acknowledged that their defense of several parts of the state's immigration law likely will not succeed, according to documents filed in court Monday.