- Trump's mass deportation idea was tried in the 1930s Updated: Aug-30-15 1:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's call for mass deportation of millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally, as well as their American-born children, bears similarities to a large-scale removal that many Mexican-American families faced 85 years ago.
- Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is putting a new twist on the topic of securing the border, a staple among the GOP candidates running for president, by pointing north.
- Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing Mexico Updated: Aug-29-15 6:05 pm
DALLAS - Siddharth Jaganath wanted to return to India after earning his master's degree at Texas' Southern Methodist University. Instead, he built a new life in the U.S. over a decade, becoming a manager at a communications technology company and starting a family in the Dallas suburb of Plano.
- Lawsuit claims Lexington attorney defrauded immigrants Updated: Aug-29-15 2:04 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A lawsuit filed in federal court accuses a Lexington attorney of defrauding immigrants by charging them to block deportations while knowing they weren't eligible to stay in the United States.
- Marshall professor making anti-discrimination film Updated: Aug-29-15 9:41 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - When Syrian immigrant George Rashid traveled to the United States in 1901, he arrived envisioning a life of prosperity and limitless opportunity.
- Latin music academy protests Trump's immigration proposals Updated: Aug-28-15 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is drawing protests from another Latino organization - this time, one based in the music industry.
- Immigrant suspect faces tough battle fighting murder charge Updated: Aug-28-15 7:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Even if the suspect at the center of a national immigration debate accidentally fired the shot that killed a young woman on San Francisco's Pier 14, it may not help his case.
- Arpaio lawyer hopeful that contempt case will get settled Updated: Aug-28-15 4:44 pm
PHOENIX - A lawyer for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has expressed hope that a contempt-of-court case over his client's acknowledged disobedience of court orders in a racial profiling lawsuit could be settled before the lawman undergoes contempt hearings next month.
- Abortion-rights activists to protest Trump fundraiser Updated: Aug-28-15 3:26 pm
NORWOOD, Massachusetts - Abortion-rights activists are planning to protest outside a private fundraiser for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday night.
- The Latest: Red Crescent: At least 105 dead in sea off Libya Updated: Aug-28-15 8:47 am
GENEVA - Here are the latest developments Friday regarding the tens of thousands of migrants trying to reach Europe.
- Texas worker gets prison time for selling driver's licenses Updated: Aug-28-15 5:17 am
DALLAS - A woman accused of selling driver's licenses to more than 28 illegal immigrants while working at the Texas Department of Safety has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison.
- 29 to become citizens at DC's MLK memorial Updated: Aug-28-15 2:18 am
WASHINGTON - Twenty-nine people will become citizens during a ceremony at the Martin Luther King Jr. memorial in Washington.
- Gov. Ige says early immigration screening is Hawaii priority Updated: Aug-27-15 6:26 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. David Ige said Thursday it's a top priority for Hawaii that the U.S. be able to process Japanese travelers for immigration and customs before they even get on a plane for the islands.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- 100 New Yorkers to take citizenship oath at state fair Updated: Aug-27-15 3:02 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - More than 100 people are set to become new American citizens at a special naturalization ceremony at the New York state fair.
- Record migrant flow reported on Hungary's razor-wire border Updated: Aug-27-15 1:11 pm
ROSZKE, Hungary - Hungary deployed police reinforcements to rein in an unrelenting flow of migrants across its porous border Thursday, but refugee activists said the effort appeared futile in a nation whose migrant camps are overloaded and barely delay their journeys west into the heart of the European Union.
- UK immigration at record high as topic is hotly debated Updated: Aug-27-15 7:50 am
LONDON - Britain gained almost 330,000 people through migration in the year to March 31, official figures showed Thursday. It's the highest figure on record and a headache for the Conservative government amid a political storm about immigration.
- Trump dumps insults on questioners, insists on control Updated: Aug-27-15 6:19 am
WASHINGTON - For Donald Trump, the joy of the insult seems as compelling as the art of the deal.
- Incoming Burlington school superintendent gets work visa Updated: Aug-27-15 4:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Canadian man who has been hired to become the next superintendent of the Burlington School District has finally received the visa he needs to start work.
- Experts: Trump, Ramos confrontation shouldn't be a surprise Updated: Aug-26-15 10:50 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump's onscreen confrontation with Univision's Jorge Ramos on Tuesday over the Republican presidential candidate's immigration plan should only be a surprise to those who don't know Ramos.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday he's proud of kicking one of the country's best-known Spanish-language journalists out of an Iowa news conference - the latest in a series of clashes with the media.
- Bill requires prosecution of transferred immigrants Updated: Aug-26-15 9:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Seeking to prevent another tragedy like the July killing of a woman on a San Francisco pier, Republican state lawmakers on Wednesday proposed legislation that would prevent California cities from accepting federal transfers of immigrant prisoners unless local prosecutors commit to pursuing felony charges.
- Pakistani man arrested in SD charged with visa fraud Updated: Aug-26-15 6:20 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Federal authorities say a Pakistani man living in a Mitchell hotel room paid a smuggler to be taken from his home country to Saudi Arabia and then get a visa to enter the U.S. under false pretenses.
- New Jersey's top court rules for abused immigrant children Updated: Aug-26-15 3:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Immigrant children who fled abuse and abandonment in their home countries only need to show that one parent mistreated them for authorities to consider granting them legal residency, New Jersey's top court ruled Wednesday.