- Trump seeks to reverse fortunes in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-07-16 9:11 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - With less than two days until New Hampshire voters go to the polls, Hillary Clinton took a trip to Michigan. And other candidates, including Jeb Bush, said their campaigns will go on no matter what the outcome Tuesday. Donald Trump said he doesn't need to win New Hampshire, but would like to - though he was notably casual in his campaign effort Sunday.
- After 2 ½ years, feds return money to man in marriage probe Updated: Feb-07-16 12:02 pm
WALLED LAKE, Michigan - Federal agents arrived around dawn at a home in suburban Detroit. Foggy at that hour and shirtless, the owner answered the door and was told he was the target of a sham marriage investigation.
- Review-Journal endorses Marco Rubio for Nevada's GOP caucus Updated: Feb-06-16 4:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's largest newspaper is endorsing Sen. Marco Rubio for Nevada's Republican caucus.
- The Latest: Attackers torch refugee center in Prague Updated: Feb-06-16 3:17 pm
AMSTERDAM - The Latest on the flow of thousands of would-be refugees from the Middle East and elsewhere to Europe (all times local):
- Anti-Islam groups rally across Europe; clashes in Amsterdam Updated: Feb-06-16 1:09 pm
DRESDEN, Germany - Protesters rallied against Islam and immigration in several European cities Saturday, sometimes clashing with police or counter-demonstrators amid growing tensions over the massive influx of asylum-seekers to the continent.
- New Mexico REAL ID bipartisan compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 8:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Following an emotional meeting where senators revealed they were getting racist emails, a second Senate committee passed Friday a bipartisan proposal aimed at making New Mexico compliant under the federal REAL ID Act.
- The Latest: New Mexico REAL ID compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 6:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico lawmakers' REAL ID debate (all times local):
- Utah plans to repeal guest worker law that never took effect Updated: Feb-05-16 5:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Five years after Utah passed a guest worker law lauded as a compassionate approach to address immigrants living in the country illegally, the state is seeking to repeal the never-implemented program.
- After much upheaval Danish TV has a request: "Don't hate us" Updated: Feb-05-16 5:03 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish television has a request for the world: "Don't hate us!"
- 2nd group of Cuban migrants stuck in Costa Rica flown out Updated: Feb-05-16 4:56 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A second group of Cuban migrants was traveling through Central America toward the United States on Friday after being stranded in Costa Rica for months when Nicaragua closed its border to them.
- Chronicle of Julian Assange's battle against extradition Updated: Feb-05-16 9:58 am
LONDON - Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, has been fighting to avoid extradition to Sweden, which wants to question him about allegations of rape. He has spent more than three years inside the Embassy of Ecuador in London to avoid being sent to Sweden and possibly forced to go to the United States to face charges there. A United Nations panel said Friday that he has been unlawfully detained by Swedish and British authorities. Here are key events in the Assange saga:
- Japan deports star of Oscar-winning dolphin documentary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:55 am
TOKYO - The star of an Oscar-winning documentary that shows how dolphins are hunted in a Japanese village was deported to the U.S. on Friday after Tokyo airport officials barred his entry and he was held in detention for more than two weeks.
- Iowa Republicans look to eliminate 'sanctuary cities' Updated: Feb-04-16 7:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republicans in the Iowa House are seeking to force police and sheriffs' offices to tell U.S. immigration officials when they have someone in custody who is living in the country illegally.
- Cruz: border security needed to stop addiction 'epidemic' Updated: Feb-04-16 4:08 pm
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - Republican Ted Cruz shared the deeply personal story of his sister's overdose death as he campaigned across New Hampshire on Thursday, describing "an epidemic" of addiction that has destroyed lives in his family and across the nation.
- Officials work to ensure immigrants get safe water in Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 1:35 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Identification no longer is required for Flint residents to get bottled water amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Florida House passes sweeping immigration measure Updated: Feb-03-16 7:05 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Saying Florida cities and counties must "follow the rule of law," the Florida House passed a sweeping immigration measure Wednesday that would penalize those who don't cooperate with federal immigration authorities.
- Elections committee backs bill limiting local photo IDs Updated: Feb-03-16 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Senate elections committee backed a bill Wednesday that would hinder efforts in Milwaukee to provide local photo IDs to the homeless and immigrants in the country illegally.
- Florida bill would allow military force to keep out refugees Updated: Feb-03-16 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's governor would be able to use military force to keep out immigrants or refugees from certain parts of the world under a bill passed by a House committee on Wednesday.
- Police: 5 Mexicans who died in house fire in US illegally Updated: Feb-03-16 4:32 pm
NOVI, Michigan - The five Mexican nationals who died in a weekend house fire in suburban Detroit were neither U.S. citizens nor in the country legally, authorities said Wednesday.
- Senate committee passes measures targeting immigrants Updated: Feb-03-16 2:51 pm
PHOENIX - Republican lawmakers want stiffer penalties for Arizona cities that skirt federal immigration laws and for immigrants who break the law while in the country illegally.
- Prominent DREAMer from Nevada endorses Hillary Clinton Updated: Feb-03-16 11:16 am
LAS VEGAS - Eight prominent immigration activists from Nevada are endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Feb-03-16 10:59 am
ALBANY, New York - Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- APNewsbreak: Missing reporter tells wife he's back in China Updated: Feb-03-16 8:52 am
BEIJING - The wife of a Chinese journalist who disappeared while seeking asylum abroad said she was able to speak to him by phone Wednesday and he told her he had voluntarily returned to China for investigation, but she believes he was forced back and spoke against his own will.
- Mos Def's family in court to stop deportation from S. Africa Updated: Feb-02-16 12:12 pm
JOHANNESBURG - American rapper Mos Def's family appeared in court on Tuesday to stop their deportation from South Africa, a South African official said.
- Immigration protests lead to arrests at 2 Georgia colleges Updated: Feb-02-16 11:52 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Police say they made several arrests during protests at two Georgia college campuses over how state universities treat people living in the U.S. illegally.