- Ex-honor student gets 5 years in terrorism case Updated: Apr-17-14 2:47 pm
- Pinal moves to end contract to house detainees Updated: Apr-17-14 12:43 pm
- Washington County backs off deportation holds Updated: Apr-17-14 9:58 am
- Jury weighs murder charge against Iraqi immigrant Updated: Apr-16-14 9:59 pm
- Cantor blasts Obama for immigration attack on GOP Updated: Apr-16-14 6:32 pm
- Romanian poet, dissident Nina Cassian dies Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 pm
- Kan. employers face sentencing over illegal worker Updated: Apr-16-14 5:06 am
- Julian Castro, Dan Patrick debate immigration Updated: Apr-15-14 10:08 pm
- Immigration activists urge Obama to act boldly Updated: Apr-15-14 3:55 pm
- Obama discusses immigration with faith leaders Updated: Apr-15-14 3:35 pm
- 40 immigrants with criminal records arrested Updated: Apr-15-14 3:11 pm
- Branstad scandal ensnares key Iowa link to China Updated: Apr-15-14 2:47 pm
- Correction: Immigration Reform story Updated: Apr-15-14 10:11 am
- Private prison company still interested in NW Ind. Updated: Apr-14-14 6:12 pm
- Immigration lawyer accused of visa fraud Updated: Apr-14-14 5:41 pm
- Minnesota jail investigates assaults of immigrant Updated: Apr-14-14 10:46 am
- Democratic lawmaker: GOP base 'animated by racism' Updated: Apr-13-14 12:25 pm
- Rand Paul: US 'can't invite the whole world' Updated: Apr-13-14 12:08 pm
- How is NY's economy? Governor candidates disagree Updated: Apr-13-14 8:43 am
- NC farmers lead country on legal foreign workers Updated: Apr-12-14 10:49 am
- Chicago mayor supports jobs for 'dreamers' Updated: Apr-12-14 4:05 am
- District hires immigrant teachers under new policy Updated: Apr-11-14 8:49 pm
- 26 people become new citizens at NH ceremony Updated: Apr-11-14 6:46 am
- Bush gets ovation from Connecticut Republicans Updated: Apr-10-14 10:17 pm
- 2016 campaign checklist: Jeb Bush Updated: Apr-10-14 6:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - An immigrant teen who had earned a scholarship to an elite U.S. college but became enamored of Jihadist causes was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison.
FLORENCE, Arizona - Pinal County is giving the federal government notice that the county intends to cancel its money-losing contract to house federal immigration detainees in the county jail.
HILLSBORO, Oregon - The Washington County sheriff's office says it will no longer hold people for possible deportation.
EL CAJON, California - A Southern California jury ended its first full day of deliberations Wednesday in the trial of an Iraqi immigrant charged with beating his wife to death - a killing that police at first suspected was a hate crime.
WASHINGTON - House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is criticizing President Barack Obama for attacking the same lawmakers he's supposed to be working with on immigration.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian poet and translator Nina Cassian, who obtained political asylum in the United States after the Communist-era secret police found her critical poems scribbled in a friend's diary, has died in New York City. She was 89.
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man will soon learn his punishment for harboring a Chinese teenage girl who was working illegally at his restaurant.
SAN ANTONIO - Prominent Texas figures in the debate over the country's immigration policies took their dispute from Twitter to the airwaves on Tuesday, facing off in person for audiences on the Internet and Spanish-language television.
WASHINGTON - Latinos and immigration activists are warning of political peril for President Barack Obama and Democrats in the fall election unless the president acts boldly and soon to curb deportations and allow more immigrants to remain legally in the U.S.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama told religious leaders Tuesday that he has no plans to make unilateral changes to the nation's immigration laws while there's still a window for Congress to pass legislation.
TYLER, Texas - Federal authorities say a three-day operation has resulted in the arrest of 40 people in East Texas who were in the U.S. illegally.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Chinese Association of Iowa executive director Swallow Yan has helped connect Gov. Terry Branstad with Chinese presidents and residents, boosting relations between a farming state and a growing superpower with a huge demand for Iowa's agricultural exports.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story April 3 about a hunger strike by immigration reform advocates, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a Christian social justice organization. It is Sojourners, not Soujourners.
HOBART, Indiana - A Florida-based operator of privately owned prisons and detention centers remains interested in northwestern Indiana despite one city telling it to look elsewhere, a spokesman said Monday.
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say an immigration attorney has been charged with submitting false documentation on behalf of an immigrant client seeking legal permanent resident status in the U.S.
MINNEAPOLIS - The alleged sexual assault of an 18-year-old high school student who was being held for U.S. immigration authorities in the Sherburne County jail highlights an emerging problem of sexual abuse of immigration detainees across the country.
WASHINGTON - An overhaul to the nation's broken immigration system remains stalled because "the Republican base does have elements that are animated by racism," the head of the House committee to elect Democratic lawmakers said Sunday.
ALBANY, New York - Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo says New York has been on the right path during his term. Republican challenger Rob Astorino says New York is losing. Can they both be right?
As a push to change U.S. immigration laws stalls, North Carolina farmers have proven adept at legally bringing thousands of temporary agricultural laborers into the United States using a specialized visa program.
CHICAGO - Chicago's mayor is inviting young immigrants in the United States illegally to apply for internships, volunteer positions and summer jobs.
DENVER - Colorado's largest school district sees teaching potential among immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally when they were children.
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire ceremony has honored 26 men and women from 15 countries who have become new citizens.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Former Florida governor and possible presidential candidate Jeb Bush says Republicans need to present a "hopeful, optimistic" vision to voters, restoring opportunities for social mobility and reforming immigration laws.
A look at preparations by former Gov. Jeb Bush, R-Fla., for a potential 2016 presidential campaign: