- Boston announced free community college tuition program Updated: Apr-29-16 2:05 pm
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has announced a plan to provide free tuition to either of the city's two community colleges for all graduates of Boston's public high schools.
- Girls involved in fatal fight at Delaware school suspended Updated: Apr-27-16 2:55 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Three students involved in a fight that ended in a teenager's death at a Delaware school have been suspended, a school district spokeswoman said.
- Career education making a comeback in US high schools Updated: Apr-27-16 4:20 am
ANTIOCH, California - There was an emergency in Room 14. Three girls injured, one with a broken thighbone and maybe something more serious. Snapping on sterile gloves and kneeling before the worst-off patient, two 17-year-olds went to work.
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks Updated: Apr-27-16 2:27 am
PESHAWAR, Pakistan - An armed policeman stood guard outside the 300-year-old Sikh temple, known as a gurdwara, in northwest Pakistan. He kept a watchful eye on everyone who passed him on the narrow street, looking for a suspicious gesture, or a bulge beneath the clothes that hints at a hidden gun or a bomb.
- New program helps Michigan inmates prepare for future jobs Updated: Apr-26-16 12:48 pm
IONIA, Michigan - A new program at a Michigan prison is part of an effort to prepare inmates for work after they're eventually released from custody.
- EXCHANGE: Battle underway against Rockford's education gap Updated: Apr-23-16 4:10 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A pilot program launched in October is showing signs of success as educators look to arm thousands of adults in Boone and Winnebago counties with a high school equivalency certificate and skills that will land them a sustainable job.