- Texan arrested in Mississippi admits having cocaine Updated: May-05-15 5:26 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 25-year-old Texas man found in Mississippi with two kilos of cocaine has pleaded guilty to interstate travel in aid of drug racketeering enterprises.
- 2 Michigan men admit role in Mississippi drug conspiracy Updated: May-04-15 9:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two Michigan men have pleaded guilty to their roles in a conspiracy to distribute more than 5 kilos of cocaine and 1 kilo of heroin in South Mississippi.
- Trial begins for 6 in slaying of Va. reserve officer Updated: May-04-15 5:34 am
WAYNESBORO, Virginia - Six people are scheduled to go on trial this week on charges stemming from the slaying of a Waynesboro reserve police officer.
- Sentences cut for 3 ex-educators in Atlanta cheating scandal Updated: Apr-30-15 7:52 pm
ATLANTA - A judge sharply reduced the sentences Thursday for three former Atlanta public school educators who received the harshest prison terms in the trial stemming from the city's standardized test cheating scandal.
- Ex-FBI agent pleads not guilty to lying during Bulger trial Updated: Apr-30-15 5:19 pm
BOSTON - A former FBI agent lied to jurors during mobster James "Whitey" Bulger's trial and overstated his professional accomplishments, including falsely claiming to be the first officer who recovered the rifle used to assassinate Martin Luther King Jr., federal officials said Thursday in announcing a perjury case against him.
- Texan admits to trafficking drug to pay off gambling debt Updated: Apr-30-15 5:47 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 39-year-old Texas man has pleaded guilty in Mississippi to interstate travel in aid of a racketeering organization.
- Democratic boss convicted of federal corruption charges Updated: Apr-16-15 6:22 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former northern New Jersey Democratic power broker was convicted Thursday of federal racketeering, wire fraud and bribery charges, but acquitted of other counts in a case that the jury foreman called "way too complicated."
- Reputed mob associate sentenced in port extortion plot Updated: Apr-15-15 6:34 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A reputed Genovese mob family associate has been sentenced to prison for his role in a conspiracy to extort members of the longshoremen's union on the New Jersey waterfront.
- Schock donor sues ex-US congressman seeking reimbursement Updated: Apr-15-15 5:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock's legal problems expanded Wednesday as a contributor sued to force the repayment of millions of campaign dollars, saying he was tricked into believing the young lawmaker who has since resigned amid questions about his spending was "a breath of fresh air" in a corruption-riddled state.
- Drug, racketeering scheme brings arrests Updated: Apr-13-15 7:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An officer with the Louisiana State Police and a Lafayette Parish sheriff's deputy are alleged to have accepted thousands of dollars in a drug and racketeering scheme that led to a man's unlawful arrest last year.
- Teacher convicted in cheating scandal gives birth to a boy Updated: Apr-11-15 6:28 pm
ATLANTA - One of the 11 educators convicted of racketeering in the Atlanta Public Schools cheating trial gave birth this weekend.
- Camden man sentenced to prison for gang-connected drug ring Updated: Apr-10-15 2:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Camden man who led a gang-connected drug network that sold large amounts of heroin in the city has been sentenced to 16 years in state prison.
- Louisiana Man pleads guilty in sex trafficking case Updated: Apr-08-15 12:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal officials say the leader of a sex trafficking ring in Louisiana has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from his interstate prostitution enterprise.