- Judge won't toss charges in Chinatown racketeering case Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge refused Thursday to throw out a racketeering case against a man arrested in a money laundering and corruption probe centered in San Francisco's Chinatown that also led to charges against a California state senator.
- US blocks Nicaragua bid to extradite FIFA case suspect Updated: Aug-27-15 11:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - The United States has blocked Nicaragua's attempt to extradite FIFA bribery case suspect Julio Rocha to his home country.
- Prosecutors say congressman seeking to influence jurors Updated: Aug-26-15 10:19 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah has tried to influence potential jurors in his racketeering case by publicly boasting about his accomplishments in Congress, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Minority bar owners drop racketeering claims against Racine Updated: Aug-26-15 8:46 am
RACINE, Wisconsin - Minority bar owners have withdrawn racketeering and corruption claims in a federal lawsuit against the City of Racine and its officials.
- Court tosses minor convictions against celebrity detective Updated: Aug-25-15 6:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - A racketeering conviction of a private eye who wiretapped phones for rich and famous clients to dig up dirt on rivals, ex-lovers and celebrities was upheld Tuesday by a federal appeals court, though the panel tossed out a few counts against him and co-conspirators.
- 3 members of Detroit street gang convicted of racketeering Updated: Aug-24-15 6:31 pm
DETROIT - Three members of a Detroit street gang have been found guilty of racketeering.
- Man to be sentenced in drug trafficking case Updated: Aug-24-15 4:04 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Texas man will be sentenced Sept. 9 on a charge of interstate travel in aid of racketeering.
- 14 Elizabeth gang members indicted for white-collar crimes Updated: Aug-18-15 3:29 am
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - Officials say 14 members of an Elizabeth-based street gang face a 49-count indictment for white-collar crimes under New Jersey's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statute.
- Florida woman sentenced for served as drug courier Updated: Aug-12-15 10:10 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Florida woman will serve four years in prison for her role in a conspiracy to move cocaine from Florida to Texas by way of South Mississippi.
- Texan sentenced for trafficking in drug Updated: Aug-11-15 4:06 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 39-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to five years in prison on a federal charge of interstate travel in aid of racketeering.
- Prosecutor: 5th gang member pleads in drug conspiracy Updated: Aug-08-15 11:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - U.S. Attorney Kenneth Polite (puh-LEET) says a fifth person has pleaded guilty to charges in gang-related drug sales, with four more scheduled for trial in October.
- Suit revived vs. ex-Christie allies over bridge closings Updated: Aug-06-15 11:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A lawsuit against former allies of Gov. Chris Christie in connection with the George Washington Bridge lane closings was refiled Thursday, several weeks after a judge dismissed an earlier version.
- Lawsuit goes after Texas backers of tribal lending operation Updated: Aug-04-15 6:13 pm
HELENA, Montana - Two Vermont women suing over the online lending practices of a company owned by a Montana Native American tribe are now going after the company's Texas backers.