- Tom Shields wins 100 butterfly at Swim Meet of Champions Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
MISSION VIEJO, California - Tom Shields won the 100-meter butterfly Sunday on the last night of the Fran Crippen Memorial Swim Meet of Champions.
- Amputee kayaker to compete in US national team trials Updated: Apr-29-16 11:29 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - When Gainesville native Nikiha Miller slipped a prosthesis on his right leg and prepared to go through his regular walking exercises, he felt spurred on by a motto that he uses to fuel his drive for kayaking.
- Hackett apologizes for "pure stupidity" in groping incident Updated: Apr-29-16 1:37 am
GOLD COAST, Australia - Two-time Olympic 1,500-meter freestyle champion Grant Hackett has publicly apologized for a drunken incident on a flight home from the Australian Olympic trials earlier this month, when he was accused of groping a male passenger who reclined the seat in front of him.
- Ethiopians complete 1st-ever sweep of Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Ethiopians ran past the Kenyans on their way to the Boston Marathon finish line Monday and nearly swept them off the victory podium.
- Ledecky and Phelps swim to victories in Arizona Updated: Apr-16-16 10:26 pm
MESA, Arizona - Katie Ledecky won the 800-meter freestyle by nearly 15 seconds at the Arena Pro Swim meet Saturday night, her third victory in three days just over two months before the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.
- Efimova to miss Russian Olympic swim trials while suspended Updated: Apr-15-16 10:56 pm
Swimmer Yulia Efimova of Russia won't compete in her country's Olympic trials after FINA decided to maintain her provisional suspension for failing a doping test.
- IAAF to allow women to compete in 50K walk for 1st time Updated: Apr-11-16 12:15 pm
MONACO - The last male-only event in track and field is opening up to women.
- Colorado wrestler Adeline Gray headed to Rio Games Updated: Apr-11-16 10:56 am
DENVER - Colorado wrestler Adeline Gray is headed to the Rio Games after winning the championship round at the U.S. Olympic Trials Sunday night in Iowa.
- Wrestler Jordan Burroughs headed to Rio Olympics Updated: Apr-10-16 10:39 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Jordan Burroughs' wife, Lauren, wrote him a note before his Olympic Team Trials match on Sunday telling him he was destined for greatness.
- Yijun Feng qualifies for US Olympic table tennis team Updated: Apr-09-16 8:54 pm
MARKHAM, Ontario - U.S. men's champion Yijun Feng won the first singles spot on the Olympic table tennis team by Saturday, beating fellow American Sharon Alguetti 11-4, 11-7, 11-7, 11-3 in the North American Olympic trials.
- Hackett's attempt for 4th Olympics ends at Australian trials Updated: Apr-08-16 8:32 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Three-time Olympic gold medalist Grant Hackett's attempt to make the team for Rio de Janeiro ended Friday after he finished seventh in his 200-meter semifinal heat and 11th overall at the Australian trials.
- NDSU wrestler earns spot at US Olympic Team Trials Updated: Apr-04-16 10:11 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State University All-American wrestler Hayden Zillmer is a step closer to a spot on the U.S. Olympic team.