- California Assembly approves tobacco-free college campuses Updated: Apr-25-16 7:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Assembly on Monday approved banning tobacco use on all California State University and community college campuses, building on a package of restrictions already awaiting Gov. Jerry Brown's signature.
- Smoking banned in East Bay parks to protect animals Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 am
OAKLAND, California - Smoking is now banned in 65 East Bay regional parks, the latest tobacco crackdown by a San Francisco Bay Area recreation agency.
- Rhode Island bill would ban smoking on public beaches Updated: Apr-17-16 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill introduced in the Rhode Island General Assembly would ban smoking on the state's public beaches.
- Bid to ban smoking in Baton Rouge bars, casinos falls short Updated: Apr-14-16 8:50 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to ban smoking in Baton Rouge bars and casinos has fallen one vote short of approval.
- Indianapolis smoking ban upheld by Indiana Supreme Court Updated: Apr-12-16 2:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis' smoking ban has been upheld by the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Columbus zoo going smoke-free, as is The Wilds animal park Updated: Apr-07-16 12:44 am
POWELL, Ohio - The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium in central Ohio says it's going smoke-free.