- Bloodshed in El Salvador reaching levels of 1980s civil war Updated: Jun-22-15 7:16 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Word on the street is that only the girlfriends of gang members are allowed to be redheads or blondes. So in this violent place, women are scurrying to salons to give up their blond hair and highlights, to dye it all black - not out of fashion sense, but out of fear.
- Program to fight youth, gang violence gets funding increase Updated: Jun-20-15 3:46 pm
BOSTON - A program aimed at fighting gang and youth violence has received a $1.25 million funding increase.
- Murder conviction upheld for former Omaha gang member Updated: Jun-20-15 2:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court had upheld the first-degree murder conviction of a former Omaha gang member.
- Man gets life in prison for killing fellow supermax inmate Updated: Jun-19-15 9:26 pm
DENVER - An inmate who killed the former leader of the Mexican Mafia, a Hispanic prison gang, at Colorado's federal supermax prison has been sentenced to life.
- 3 Los Angeles gangs indicted for uniting in conspiracy Updated: Jun-18-15 9:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three rival Los Angeles gangs united in a rare alliance to conspire to control drug trafficking and carried out crimes that included murder and extortion, federal prosecutors said Thursday in announcing a racketeering indictment against 22 gang members.
- Feds announces arrest of Ohio man wanted on gang charges Updated: Jun-10-15 3:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Federal prosecutors say a suspected gang member wanted on racketeering, drug and weapons charges in Ohio has been arrested in North Carolina.
- Former Denver gang member illustrates problem's complexities Updated: Jun-07-15 2:19 pm
DENVER - The young man in the baggy cargo pants and scraggly hipster beard could have been among the dead.
- With shootings on the rise in NYC, is de Blasio vulnerable? Updated: Jun-06-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - The screaming tabloid headlines harken a darker, scarier time in New York history.