- Police chief: Los Angeles looks 'too much like Dodge City' Updated: Sep-30-15 11:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Homicides are up nearly 11 percent this year and Los Angeles is looking "a little too much like Dodge City" following a weekend with five fatal shootings, Police Chief Charlie Beck said Tuesday.
- Alleged gang members charged with attempted murder Updated: Sep-28-15 4:13 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A federal grand jury has indicted several people alleged to be Gangster Disciples gang members in connection with the attempted killings of five teenagers in Memphis.
- Essex County Prosecutor's Office, state get federal grants Updated: Sep-28-15 12:27 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Essex County Prosecutor's Office and New Jersey's Law and Public Safety Department will be getting hundreds of thousands in federal grants to help combat gang activity.
- Police: Fights break out at funeral of former gang member Updated: Sep-22-15 12:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in central Ohio say several large fights broke out at the funeral of a man with known gang ties, leading to a response by about 100 officers.
- People fed up with gang violence march in Pueblo Updated: Sep-20-15 2:40 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - More than 150 people took part Saturday in an anti-gang march following raids by federal, state and local authorities focusing on gang-related crime that netted 47 arrests and four stolen vehicles.
- Upstate NY authorities clamp down on gang violence Updated: Sep-15-15 3:05 am
SYRACUSE, New York - An effort to combat gang violence in Syracuse has resulted in 248 arrests, half of them gang members.