- Health officials reach settlement with Seattle hookah lounge Updated: Apr-30-16 11:46 am
SEATTLE - Public health officials have reached a settlement of their case against a Seattle hookah lounge. Seattle Mayor Ed Murray had been trying to shut down Seattle's 11 hookah lounges for violating a ban on indoor smoking.
- Smoking banned in East Bay parks to protect animals Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 am
OAKLAND, California - Smoking is now banned in 65 East Bay regional parks, the latest tobacco crackdown by a San Francisco Bay Area recreation agency.
- DC Council approves permanent ban on marijuana clubs Updated: Apr-19-16 12:05 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia lawmakers have voted to enact a permanent ban on smoking marijuana in private clubs.
- Rhode Island bill would ban smoking on public beaches Updated: Apr-17-16 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill introduced in the Rhode Island General Assembly would ban smoking on the state's public beaches.
- Woman escorted off airplane for using e-cigarette Updated: Apr-15-16 1:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials say a woman flying into Salt Lake City was escorted off her plane by airport police because she used an e-cigarette during the flight.
- Bid to ban smoking in Baton Rouge bars, casinos falls short Updated: Apr-14-16 8:50 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to ban smoking in Baton Rouge bars and casinos has fallen one vote short of approval.
- Hawaii lawmakers pass bills on smoking, drugs, birth control Updated: Apr-13-16 12:04 am
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Legislature passed hundreds of bills ahead of a major deadline, making decisions on a variety of issues including smoking in cars and drug overdoses. They also passed bills to pay for air conditioning Hawaii's public schools, allow women to get up to a year of birth control at a time and criminalize trespassing on state lands.
- Indianapolis smoking ban upheld by Indiana Supreme Court Updated: Apr-12-16 2:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis' smoking ban has been upheld by the Indiana Supreme Court.
- NY high court upholds outdoor smoking ban at state parks Updated: Mar-31-16 11:23 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state's highest court has upheld smoking restrictions in state parks, including an outright ban at seven smaller parks in New York City.
- Smoking banned at Vegas's largest sports book Updated: Mar-31-16 11:12 am
LAS VEGAS - Smoking is no longer allowed at one of Las Vegas's largest sports books.