- New Orleans bar loses permit to sell liquor Updated: Jul-03-15 4:22 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans Civil Court District judge has denied a motion from a French Quarter bar to stop the state from revoking its permit to sell alcohol.
- National Comedy Center promises laughs, learning Updated: Jun-28-15 2:03 pm
JAMESTOWN, New York - Did you hear the one about Bob Hope, Rodney Dangerfield and Andy Kauffman performing on the same stage?
- Cops: Bar owner withheld video in fatal crash investigation Updated: Jun-26-15 8:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities say a Syracuse bar owner hid video that showed a woman falling down and then being carried across a street before she drove the wrong way on an interstate highway and collided with another vehicle, killing its driver.
- Stonewall Inn gets landmark status, a nod to LGBT history Updated: Jun-24-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - The Stonewall Inn, the Greenwich Village bar where resistance to a police raid sparked the modern gay rights movement, was made a city landmark Tuesday, the first time a site has been named primarily because of its significance to the LGBT history.
- NYC grants landmark status to gay rights movement building Updated: Jun-23-15 4:02 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's Landmarks Preservation Commission voted Tuesday to grant landmark status to the Stonewall Inn, the Greenwich Village bar where resistance to a police raid sparked the modern gay rights movement.
- Rapper Lil Wayne skips show over security screening Updated: Jun-23-15 11:55 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis nightclub says rapper Lil Wayne refused to perform a scheduled show after members of his entourage weren't allowed in the club.
- Stanley Cup begins its own celebration around Chicago Updated: Jun-16-15 11:02 pm
CHICAGO - This time, the Stanley Cup didn't have to catch a flight before hitting Chicago hot spots for a victory tour.
- China's emerging stand-up comedy scene draws young people Updated: Jun-11-15 8:07 am
BEIJING - Under rotating ceiling fans in hot, crowded bars, an edgier form of entertainment is emerging in China that reflects greater cultural freedom: stand-up comedy.
- Correction: TV-Wild N Out story Updated: Jun-10-15 3:32 pm
ATLANTA - In a story June 9 about the MTV2 show "Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out," The Associated Press reported erroneously that Rick Ross, Skylar Diggins, Chrissy Teigen and Amber Rose will be guests on the show's seventh season. In fact, those guests appeared during the show's sixth season.
- Stripped: Greenville club can reopen, but no nudity allowed Updated: Jun-06-15 2:20 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - A Greenville strip club can reopen, but there'll be no stripping.