- 26 accusers in workers' class-action suit v. Bully's taverns Updated: May-02-15 1:22 pm
RENO, Nevada - A federal judge has granted class-action status for a lawsuit that more than two dozen cooks and kitchen workers want to join accusing northern Nevada's largest chain of sports taverns of misclassifying them as salaried executives to skirt U.S. labor laws requiring overtime pay.
- Las Vegas bullish on Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight Updated: Apr-25-15 12:38 am
LAS VEGAS - Interested in coming to Vegas to be part of the matchup to end all matchups that Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are selling? It's gonna cost you.
- LA jury awards $6.5 million to strippers in club lawsuit Updated: Apr-23-15 4:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles jury has awarded $6.5 million to hundreds of exotic dancers who claimed they were stripped of their tips.
- Nightclub lets San Francisco symphony tune in to young fans Updated: Apr-23-15 10:19 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A Vegas-style nightclub with high-tech light and sound, video screens and several stages has become San Francisco's hottest venue for classical music.
- Charles Lloyd, Carla Bley, George Coleman receive jazz honor Updated: Apr-21-15 2:01 pm
NEW YORK - The newly minted 2015 Jazz Masters - Carla Bley, George Coleman and Charles Lloyd - let their music do most of the talking as they accepted the nation's highest jazz honor from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- When you're an addict but serving alcohol is part of job Updated: Apr-19-15 10:33 am
WASHINGTON - When Scott Magnuson sat down to dinner at his H Street pub, the Argonaut, with his wife, Shaaren, and their daughter, Ara, one summer night in 2011, a casual observer of the little family scene would hardly have guessed that his marriage was imploding.
- Robin Williams the posthumous star of '3 Still Standing' Updated: Apr-18-15 3:41 am
TORONTO - Before the late Robin Williams enthralled television audiences on "Mork and Mindy," he already was a star on the 1970s stand-up comedy circuit - and by the '80s was a leading light for a new stand-up generation.
- From beef tongue to beef on weck, menus tell culinary story Updated: Apr-17-15 1:58 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Before beef on weck and chicken wings became staples of the city's restaurants, there was beef tongue and woodcock.
- Essentials for visiting new Las Vegas: More than gambling Updated: Apr-16-15 11:54 am
LAS VEGAS - Remember when a visit to Las Vegas was all about gambling? Massive, windowless casinos with air-conditioning and free drinks kept guests oblivious to the passage of time while they sat at slot machines and card tables for hours on end.
- Homeless shelter to shut to bar users of drugs, alcohol Updated: Apr-16-15 9:34 am
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - A Manchester social service agency has decided to turn down $174,000 in state aid and close its homeless shelter this summer rather than comply with a state requirement to admit homeless people who abuse alcohol and drugs.
- Conservative group bars GOP gay organization from event Updated: Apr-15-15 6:40 pm
DENVER - Organizers of a conservative conference in Denver this summer have told a gay Republican group it cannot have a booth at the event.
- Escaped Bibb County inmate caught at Macon nightclub Updated: Apr-10-15 6:47 am
MACON, Georgia - Bibb County authorities say an escaped inmate was captured at a Macon nightclub.
- Shore bar to have license suspended for over-serving patron Updated: Apr-09-15 9:47 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Jersey shore bar will have its liquor license suspended for 30 days for over-serving an intoxicated patron who died in a motor vehicle crash.