- Suspect in custody after Fla. school shooting Updated: Dec-04-13 5:42 pm
- Conn. man with guns on campus, in car is charged Updated: Dec-04-13 5:10 pm
- School official resigns after harassment claim Updated: Dec-04-13 5:02 pm
- Albanian police arrest teenager in school shooting Updated: Dec-04-13 1:37 pm
- Air Force Academy defends use of cadet informants Updated: Dec-04-13 1:08 pm
- More security planned after EMU student shot Updated: Dec-04-13 11:40 am
- CA school guard dies after stopping student fight Updated: Dec-04-13 11:28 am
- Ohio school spending more on diversity effort Updated: Dec-04-13 10:47 am
- Black Friday gun sales in Va. break record Updated: Dec-04-13 10:43 am
- Judge refuses to block Greenville school prayers Updated: Dec-04-13 9:25 am
- NC school safety panel holding first meeting Updated: Dec-04-13 4:07 am
- Newtown to release 911 calls from school shooting Updated: Dec-04-13 2:46 am
- Wash. student expelled in knife threats Updated: Dec-03-13 11:29 pm
- Ex-Wis. teacher's aide accused of sex assault Updated: Dec-03-13 8:38 pm
- Conn. univ. says weapons recovered, 1 in custody Updated: Dec-03-13 8:14 pm
- Prescott Valley teen arrested in threats to school Updated: Dec-03-13 5:35 pm
- Ga. police suspended after cursing at students Updated: Dec-03-13 3:29 pm
- Breck settles suit over ex-teacher's sex abuse Updated: Dec-03-13 1:13 pm
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Conn. gun law Updated: Dec-03-13 10:16 am
- Police: Md. teacher flees US amid assault probe Updated: Dec-03-13 9:14 am
- Group accuses Kan. school of free speech violation Updated: Dec-02-13 6:19 pm
- Iowa school reopens following bomb threat Updated: Dec-02-13 5:47 pm
- Teen: Ohio boy flashed gun before school standoff Updated: Dec-02-13 5:22 pm
- Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls Updated: Dec-02-13 4:49 pm
- Bairoil school shut down for security review Updated: Dec-02-13 2:02 pm
WINTER GARDEN, Florida - Two Orlando-area high school students got into fight Wednesday at the bus pickup area and one of them opened fire, wounding the other, police said.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut college student arrested carrying two handguns on campus also had an assault rifle and bullets in his car, and police found 2,700 rounds of ammunition and newspaper clippings of the Colorado theater shooting at his home, authorities said Wednesday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A Juneau charter school administrator who sent dozens of emails to a member of the school's Academic Policy Committee resigned last month after a judge issued a protective order against him.
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian police arrested a 15-year-old boy Wednesday as a suspect in the fatal shooting of another boy at a high school near the capital Tirana earlier in the day.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Air Force Academy defended its use of confidential informants after a cadet said he was expelled because of misconduct linked to providing information.
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Management of an off-campus apartment complex where an Eastern Michigan University student was shot in the shoulder says it plans to step up security.
VICTORVILLE, California - Southern California school officials say a high school security guard suffered a heart attack and died after he helped break up a fight between two students.
CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati is pumping more money into efforts to increase diversity, as some black students raise concerns about race relations on the urban main campus.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is on pace to break its annual gun sales record following record transactions on Black Friday.
ANDERSON, South Carolina - A federal judge has ruled that Greenville County Schools can continue to allow student-led prayer and hold school events in places of worship while a lawsuit over the issues continues.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A panel asked by Gov. Pat McCrory to recommend ways to make North Carolina public schools safer is holding its first meeting.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Recordings of 911 calls from the Newtown school shooting are being released, days after a state prosecutor dropped his fight to continue withholding them despite an order to provide them to The Associated Press.
MALTBY, Washington - A Monroe, Washington, School District student accused of bringing a knife to a middle school and making threats to other students has been expelled.
CHILTON, Wisconsin - A former Appleton school district teacher's aide is accused of sexually assaulting a student.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A person was taken into custody Tuesday and weapons were recovered following a report of a man near the University of New Haven campus with what appeared to be a rifle, the school said. No one was injured.
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Police in Prescott Valley have arrested a teenage boy who they say threatened to bomb or shoot up a local school.
DALTON, Georgia - A pair of Dalton police officers have been suspended after a school bus surveillance camera recorded a profanity-laced speech they delivered to a group of middle school students.
MINNEAPOLIS - A man who claimed he was sexually abused by a former teacher at Breck School in the 1970s has settled his lawsuit with the school.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A federal judge has dismissed a gun industry group lawsuit challenging a wide-ranging firearms law passed by Connecticut in response to the shooting deaths of 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
GAITHERSBURG, Maryland - Montgomery County police say a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old autistic student has fled to Hong Kong to avoid prosecution.
BONNER SPRINGS, Kansas - An Arizona group has filed a federal lawsuit accusing a suburban Kansas City middle school of violating a student's First Amendment rights by prohibiting the student from handing out fliers promoting a prayer event.
REMSEN, Iowa - Students and staff have been allowed to return to a school in northwest Iowa that was evacuated due to a bomb threat.
TOLEDO, Ohio - A 14-year-old student flashed a pellet gun inside an Ohio high school, setting off a lockdown and short standoff Monday in a hallway before he was taken into custody and charged, police and a witness said.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut state prosecutor said Monday he is dropping his bid to continue withholding recordings of 911 calls from the mass shooting last year at a Newtown elementary school. The tapes are expected to be released to the public Wednesday.
CASPER, Wyoming - The tiny elementary school in the town of Bairoil has been temporarily closed for the past two weeks for a security review prompted by an alleged threat from a parent.