- Teacher pleads guilty to sex charges Updated: Apr-23-14 4:07 am
- Sen. Rand Paul says school choice could expand GOP Updated: Apr-22-14 7:19 pm
- NDSU proposing center to research food security Updated: Apr-22-14 6:40 pm
- Police: Man killed wife outside NW Indiana school Updated: Apr-22-14 4:52 pm
- Car fleeing shooting hits Indianapolis school bus Updated: Apr-22-14 4:50 pm
- Correction: URI Police-Guns story Updated: Apr-22-14 3:31 pm
- Auburn classes resume after bomb threat cleared Updated: Apr-22-14 3:09 pm
- School district evacuated after bomb threat Updated: Apr-22-14 10:32 am
- 30-day sentence in Sherwood teacher sex case Updated: Apr-22-14 9:43 am
- 2 teens charged in Danbury school threat Updated: Apr-22-14 8:31 am
- Trial date set for Madison man accused of threats Updated: Apr-22-14 8:22 am
- Professor may have been beaten over grade Updated: Apr-22-14 7:16 am
- Glitches prompt suspension of Oklahoma tests again Updated: Apr-21-14 9:25 pm
- House to take up 2 school voucher bills Updated: Apr-21-14 7:37 pm
- Miss. looks to step up reading instruction Updated: Apr-21-14 5:46 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-21-14 5:09 pm
- Walk to Lansing protests exclusion of students Updated: Apr-21-14 11:32 am
- Work begins on playground named for Newtown victim Updated: Apr-21-14 8:46 am
- UK says surveillance cameras helping solve crimes Updated: Apr-21-14 7:40 am
- Nigerians mark Easter amid mourning and fear Updated: Apr-20-14 10:58 pm
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite Updated: Apr-20-14 2:28 pm
- Bible verse on Parkersburg S. T-shirts questioned Updated: Apr-20-14 11:47 am
- Feds probe how UC Berkeley handles sexual assaults Updated: Apr-19-14 7:22 pm
- Univ. of North Alabama student faces threat charge Updated: Apr-19-14 3:49 pm
- U.Va. revokes 2 fraternities' charters for hazing Updated: Apr-19-14 10:06 am
TYLERTOWN, Mississippi - A Walthall County teacher has been sentenced to serve 15 years in prison for having sex with four teenage students.
CHICAGO - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said voters in perennial Democratic strongholds such as Chicago and Milwaukee will think differently if they see Republicans not just visiting these places, but discussing issues pertinent to their circumstances.
FARGO, North Dakota - A university located in the middle of fertile North Dakota farmland is planning a new center to research and help develop a safe and healthy food supply for people around the world.
GRIFFITH, Indiana - A man fatally shot his estranged wife in the parking lot of a parochial school in northwestern Indiana and later killed himself at his home after a police officer confronted him, police said.
INDIANAPOLIS - A car has struck a school bus in Indianapolis, injuring about a half-dozen children.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - In a story April 20 about the University of Rhode Island's plan to arm campus police, The Associated Press, relying on information from a faculty union leader, reported erroneously on the date of a meeting of the executive committee of the URI chapter of the American Association of University Professors. The chapter's executive director, Frank Annunziato, said the committee met Tuesday, not Monday.
AUBURN, Alabama - One of Auburn University's largest buildings has reopened after a police investigation into a bomb threat.
LEECHBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania school district has evacuated nearly 1,000 students after a bomb threat.
HILLSBORO, Oregon - A woman who had sex with her Sherwood High School student was sentenced to 30 days in custody.
DANBURY, Connecticut - Two teenagers have been arrested after police say they threatened to harm a student and everyone else at Danbury High School.
MADISON, Nebraska - A June trial has been set for a 23-year-old man accused of threatening three students at Northeast Community College in Norfolk.
MIAMI - Police are investigating the beating of a Miami Dade College music professor to see whether it was ordered by a student angry over a bad grade.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's public schools superintendent suspended online testing across the state on Monday after middle and high school students systemwide experienced disruptions during high-stakes standardized tests for the second consecutive year.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Education says it was mistaken when it informed the public and reporters last month that all students in the state's school voucher program are currently receiving extra funding that is meant for students from charter schools.
JACKSON, Mississippi - State officials say they plan to use bolstered state funding to hire more literacy coaches and better train teachers as schools seek to meet legislative requirements that all third graders read at a basic level by next year or be flunked.
Minneapolis Star Tribune, April 18
DETROIT - A group including students and teachers is marching from Detroit to Lansing to protest what they say is the harmful and unnecessary suspension or expulsion of school children for often-minor offenses.
MYSTIC, Connecticut - Volunteers in Mystic have begun work on another playground named for a victim of the Newtown school shooting.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Campus police at the University of Kentucky say new surveillance cameras are helping them fight crime.
LAGOS, Nigeria - With little to celebrate, Nigerians marked Easter Sunday with heightened security against a spreading Islamic uprising, mourning the deaths of at least 75 bomb blast victims and fearful of the fate of 85 abducted schoolgirls.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Miss America is asking a Pennsylvania school district to reconsider the punishment of a senior who asked her to prom during the question-and-answer portion of an assembly.
PARKSBURG, West Virginia - Wood County school officials have asked their lawyers to review a wrestling team's T-shirts that bear a Bible verse on the back.
BERKELEY, California - Federal officials are investigating how the University of California, Berkeley responds to reports of campus sexual assaults.
FLORENCE, Alabama - A University of North Alabama student who police said threatened to "shoot up" the school in an Internet post was charged with making a terroristic threat.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia is revoking the charters of two fraternities for hazing.