- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties Updated: Mar-09-14 6:20 pm
- Fraternity to cut pledging after Salisbury hazing Updated: Mar-09-14 5:56 pm
- Conn. panels take up FOI change recommendations Updated: Mar-09-14 3:08 pm
- Tuscaloosa schools officials replacing cameras Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- Illinois offers grants to boost school security Updated: Mar-09-14 6:14 am
- Georgetown U. gets all clear after bomb threat Updated: Mar-08-14 6:17 pm
- W.Va. gun bill heads to gov; mayor critical Updated: Mar-08-14 4:46 pm
- Pa. universities might scrap uniform gun policy Updated: Mar-08-14 3:20 pm
- Teen arrested for threat written on school wall Updated: Mar-08-14 2:37 pm
- Students safe after fire at St. Lawrence Seminary Updated: Mar-08-14 1:32 pm
- Teacher pleads not guilty to sexual abuse Updated: Mar-07-14 9:58 pm
- Franklin Parish school bus driver cited for wreck Updated: Mar-07-14 6:27 pm
- Column: Unruly fans could ruin the game for us all Updated: Mar-07-14 6:06 pm
- No bombs found at Parker high school after threat Updated: Mar-07-14 4:15 pm
- Iowa lawmakers clash over competing bullying bills Updated: Mar-07-14 3:20 pm
- W. Pa. district's new truancy officer has record Updated: Mar-07-14 1:52 pm
- Bus driver suspended in incident involving child Updated: Mar-07-14 1:52 pm
- Knoxville teacher accused of sexually abusing teen Updated: Mar-07-14 1:50 pm
- Ball State issues all-clear following bomb threat Updated: Mar-07-14 12:34 pm
- Lincoln district considering ID system test Updated: Mar-07-14 12:15 pm
- Ala college has beefed-up security since shooting Updated: Mar-07-14 11:48 am
- 2 women injured in Toronto university shooting Updated: Mar-07-14 10:42 am
- Kaler's speech touts diversity, safety efforts Updated: Mar-06-14 10:40 pm
- 66 students expelled for cheering Pakistan cricket Updated: Mar-06-14 10:21 pm
- Oregon Legislature OKs school safety task force Updated: Mar-06-14 8:08 pm
AMHERST, Massachusetts - The chaos at the University of Massachusetts over the weekend during a pre-St. Patrick's Day celebration brought new attention to an old problem affecting colleges across the country: How to deal with alcohol-fueled revelers during the March festivities.
SALISBURY, Maryland - A fraternity suspended for hazing at Salisbury University says it has eliminated the pledging process for members.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two legislative committees will hold simultaneous public hearings on bills that would implement recommendations of a task force created after the Newtown school massacre to balance the privacy of crime victims with the public's right to know.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa city schools officials say they're hoping to replace broken security cameras by the end of the month.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Public schools, colleges and universities in Illinois have a few more days to apply for state grants to help pay for security improvements.
WASHINGTON - Officials have given the all clear after investigating a bomb threat at Georgetown University's Washington, D.C., campus.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia lawmakers have passed a bill letting people with concealed-carry permits bring guns to city-owned recreational facilities, including swimming pools and after-school centers.
PITTSBURGH - The agency that oversees Pennsylvania's state-owned universities might scrap a plan to institute a uniform weapons policy at all 14 campuses, its leader said.
SPENCER, Iowa - A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of making terroristic threats after police say he acknowledged writing a threat on a wall at Spencer High School.
MOUNT CALVARY, Wisconsin - The nearly 200 students at St. Lawrence Seminary are safe after a five-alarm fire broke out at a building on the boarding school's eastern Wisconsin campus early Saturday.
RICHMOND, California - A Northern California elementary school teacher has pleaded not guilty to sexually abusing students.
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - A Franklin Parish school bus driver has been arrested for driving under suspension after crashing her bus into another vehicle.
The incident was shocking, even given all the ugly behavior at college basketball arenas this season: a fan brazenly storming onto the court to confront Hawaii coach Gib Arnold during a game.
PARKER, Colorado - Parker police say no suspicious devices or packages were found at Legend High School after a bomb threat was made against the school.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Cracking down on bullying in Iowa schools has been a priority this year for Gov. Terry Branstad, but lawmakers have criticized two competing bills and are seeking changes to the proposals.
WILKINSBURG, Pennsylvania - An urban high school that's struggling with high truancy rates has run into another roadblock to combat them: The new attendance officer has a criminal record for domestic violence that is causing some officials to reconsider his appointment.
NEW ROADS, Louisiana - The Pointe Coupee Parish School Board has suspended a school bus driver for six months without pay and stripped him of his tenure rights for leaving a 5-year-old student on his bus for several hours three months ago.
KNOXVILLE, Iowa - A Knoxville high school teacher has been accused of sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl.
MUNCIE, Indiana - Ball State University has issued an all-clear after alerting students and staff of a reported bomb threat at one of the Muncie campus' buildings.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln officials are thinking about requiring some middle school students to wear photo IDs on lanyards around their necks.
OPELIKA, Alabama - Three years after a shooting fatally injured a woman and hurt three other people at Southern Union State Community College in Opelika, a law enforcement official says the institution has enhanced security.
TORONTO - Police are seeking the public's help in tracking down a man suspected in a shooting that injured two women at Toronto's York University.
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota will redouble its efforts to recruit students of color and ensure student safety, university President Eric Kaler said Thursday.
SRINAGAR, India - Dozens of Muslim students from the disputed Indian territory of Kashmir were expelled from their university and briefly threatened with sedition charges because they cheered for the Pakistani cricket team during a televised match against archrival India, police said Thursday, while the Indian state's elected leader called for leniency.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers want to look at improving school safety with a possible online database of floor plans for all schools in the state.