- Suspended Lewiston student likely involved in game Updated: Apr-18-14 6:46 am
- Arizona House fails to expand school vouchers Updated: Apr-17-14 11:16 pm
- W.Va. AG court filings: dismiss gun law question Updated: Apr-17-14 5:26 pm
- APNewsBreak: Embattled academy official to retire Updated: Apr-17-14 3:49 pm
- Note leads to police increase at 2 Salina schools Updated: Apr-17-14 3:11 pm
- Kansas Regents stick with social media policy Updated: Apr-17-14 12:44 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- 10th-grader suspended for having yellow squirt gun Updated: Apr-17-14 10:29 am
- Lafayette school board approves security presence Updated: Apr-17-14 8:28 am
- Former Randolph County teacher faces charges Updated: Apr-17-14 8:01 am
- Iowa teen suspected of leaving threatening note Updated: Apr-17-14 6:28 am
- Woman arrested after bringing gun to son's school Updated: Apr-17-14 6:05 am
- Auburn resuming classes after threat Updated: Apr-17-14 5:34 am
- 20 killed as Islamic extremists rampage in Nigeria Updated: Apr-16-14 7:40 pm
- Pellet gun on Ala. school bus prompts suspensions Updated: Apr-16-14 4:00 pm
- Schools remain gun-free after weapons bill pulled Updated: Apr-16-14 2:56 pm
- Sponsor pulls bill allowing guns on UA campuses Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Bill Nye says he underestimated debate's impact Updated: Apr-16-14 12:55 pm
- Univ. of New Mexico campus to get more lighting Updated: Apr-16-14 11:58 am
- Guilty plea in shooting at Va. college inside mall Updated: Apr-16-14 11:49 am
- Man pleads guilty in shooting at Va. college Updated: Apr-16-14 11:40 am
- Judge: School can't suspend student from lacrosse Updated: Apr-16-14 11:37 am
- Jury awards $5.2M to bullied, assaulted Fla. boy Updated: Apr-16-14 10:43 am
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits? Updated: Apr-16-14 7:22 am
- Police: NYC man pointed gun at 2 college students Updated: Apr-16-14 7:16 am
LEWISTON, Maine - School officials and police think the Lewiston High School 10th-grader suspended for having a bright yellow squirt gun at school was likely involved in a game called "Assassin."
PHOENIX - A major expansion for Arizona's school-voucher program suffered a blow Thursday in the House of Representatives.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The attorney general says a court challenge should be dismissed over whether West Virginians can bring guns to city recreational facilities that hold school events.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The assistant director of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy announced Thursday he will retire after enduring months of criticism for making inappropriate sexual and threatening remarks to female cadets and colleagues.
SALINA, Kansas - Security has been beefed up at two Salina high schools after a staff member at one of the schools found a note indicating there would be violence there.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Board of Regents will consider adding language on free speech to its social media policy, but will not fundamentally change the rules, following criticism that the policy gives administrators too much power to fire or discipline employees for postings on Twitter and other outlets.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
LEWISTON, Maine - A 10th-grader in Maine has been suspended for 10 days for having a bright yellow squirt gun.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A school resource officer is expected to become a regular attendee at Lafayette Parish School Board meetings.
MEBANE, North Carolina - A former Randolph County teacher has been arrested on charges in connection with sexual contact with or illegal photography of students.
VAN HORNE, Iowa - A 17-year-old boy is accused of writing a threatening note on a bathroom wall at a high school in east-central Iowa.
ANDERSON, Indiana - A woman arrested after taking a gun into a central Indiana school says she forgot she was carrying the weapon before meeting with the principal about a threat made against her son.
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University students are going back to class after an alleged threat prompted a campus-wide shut down.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Suspected Islamic militants have struck for a fourth time in three days in Nigeria, killing 20 people including a traditional ruler in attacks in the northeast, local government and security officials said Wednesday.
IRONDALE, Alabama - Irondale police say four elementary school students have been suspended for having a pellet gun on a school bus.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Chalmette lawmaker shelved his proposal to let school employees who have a concealed handgun permit to go to work armed.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would allow people to carry concealed handguns on University of Alaska campuses has been pulled.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - TV's "Science Guy" Bill Nye said he underestimated the impact of a February debate in Kentucky on evolution and creationism that drew a massive online audience.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico will use state funding to install additional safety lighting on its Albuquerque campus.
CHRISTIANSBURG, Virginia - A man accused of shooting and wounding two women at a community college inside a Virginia mall has pleaded guilty to four felony charges.
CHRISTIANSBURG, Virginia - A man accused of shooting and wounding two women at a community college inside a Christiansburg mall has pleaded guilty to four felony charges.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge has blocked the Portland schools from suspending a student lacrosse player for violating the drug-and-alcohol policy.
MIAMI - A South Florida jury has awarded more than $5.2 million to a boy who sued a charter school claiming he was bullied and sexually assaulted by an older student.
EVANSTON, Illinois - They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.
NEW PALTZ, New York - Authorities say a New York City man has been charged with pointing a handgun at two students on a state college campus in the Hudson Valley.