- School sacks nation's last tackle powder-puff football game Updated: May-03-16 3:45 pm
JUPITER, Florida - What boosters describe as the nation's last tackle powder-puff football game is no more, at least for now.
- Negotiators advance bill with sex education provisions Updated: May-03-16 1:57 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A conference committee has adopted the Senate rewrite of Rep. Wes Keller's bill dealing with parental involvement in education and student testing.
- St. Thomas faces suit over suspension in sexual assault case Updated: May-03-16 1:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A student is suing a private Catholic university in St. Paul over its handling of a sexual assault allegation against him.
- Sex education foes try to delay Omaha schools' new materials Updated: May-03-16 1:48 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Sex education opponents have made a last-ditch effort to delay the Omaha school board's rollout of textbooks and materials that will appear in health and sex education classes in the fall.
- Grandmother: Teacher makes boy hang from chalkboard by belt Updated: May-03-16 1:09 pm
CONYERS, Georgia - A Georgia woman says her grandson's teacher made him hang by his belt from the top of a chalkboard as punishment.
- Ohio man charged with murder in shooting of woman in car Updated: May-03-16 12:50 pm
CINCINNATI - A 21-year-old Ohio man has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a college student who was visiting a friend in Cincinnati.
- Christie mourns death of NJIT student killed at frat house Updated: May-03-16 12:40 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says he was shocked by the shooting death of a New Jersey Institute of Technology student killed during a burglary at a fraternity house near the school.
- High school teacher charged with institutional sex assault Updated: May-03-16 5:53 am
FORT WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia high school English teacher faces sexual assault charges for allegedly having a month-long sexual relationship with an 18-year-old student.
- Testing at Tacoma schools shows improvements in lead levels Updated: May-03-16 3:37 am
TACOMA, Washington - Officials say further testing at three Tacoma elementary schools that previously had high levels of lead in their drinking water indicates the water is now safe to drink.
- Deadline arrives for Georgia governor on campus guns bill Updated: May-03-16 3:07 am
ATLANTA - Georgia's governor must make a decision about legislation allowing concealed handguns on college campuses in the state.
- Tucson man arrested in shooting at University of Arizona Updated: May-02-16 7:16 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities say a Tucson man has been arrested in last week's shooting on the University of Arizona campus.
- Tennessee campus carry becomes law without Haslam signature Updated: May-02-16 7:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A bill allowing staff and faculty at Tennessee's public colleges and universities to be armed on campus became law Monday without the Republican governor's signature.
- Teens to witness mock crash ahead of prom, graduation season Updated: May-02-16 5:17 pm
TOWER CITY, North Dakota - Students at a North Dakota high school will be witnessing a mock car-crash event as part of a safety campaign that authorities are launching ahead of prom and graduation season.
- Man convicted in girlfriend's college dorm beating death Updated: May-02-16 5:07 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - A man who told authorities he got into a fight with his college freshman girlfriend over spilled noodles was convicted Monday of beating and strangling her last year in Pennsylvania.
- West Virginia man charged after gun goes off at university Updated: May-02-16 3:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Charleston police say a man is facing charges after his gun accidentally discharged during a children's swimming lesson. No one was injured.
- Dallas student accidentally shoots himself at high school Updated: May-02-16 3:20 pm
DALLAS - Officials say a high school student accidentally shot himself after bringing a handgun to school that he carried in his pocket.
- Protests target racism, debt at Southern Illinois University Updated: May-02-16 1:22 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Several hundred Southern Illinois University protesters have rallied against student debt and racism following recent incidents including an anonymous video calling for violence against black students.
- Chiefs gamble on trio of players with background questions Updated: May-01-16 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have put as much faith in their off-the-field detective work as their between-the-lines scouting the past few years, and the result has been draft gems such as Marcus Peters.
- Bill would require colleges to reveal religious exemptions Updated: May-01-16 3:58 pm
BOSTON - Congresswoman Katherine Clark is pushing legislation she says will help members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community make more informed decisions about college.
- Lawmakers to consider bill curbing out-of-school suspensions Updated: May-01-16 3:04 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers are considering a bill to curb out-of-school suspensions and study if there's bias in school disciplinary practices.
- University of Missouri diversity chief returns to law school Updated: May-01-16 11:58 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An interim diversity officer at the University of Missouri will be returning to the university's School of Law in the fall.
- What happens if there's no home for homework? Updated: May-01-16 3:05 am
SALEM, Oregon - Melody likes to wear her turquoise flip-flops, complete with matching sunflowers on top, to school.
- Connecticut House votes to toughen school threats penalty Updated: Apr-30-16 7:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are moving closer toward imposing tougher criminal penalties against those who threaten schools.
- Student arrested after unloaded guns found on school grounds Updated: Apr-30-16 5:24 pm
SUPERIOR, Wisconsin - Superior police say a 17-year-old high school student was arrested after unloaded guns were found in a vehicle on school property.
- Texas HS softball team loses title on final out that wasn't Updated: Apr-30-16 4:34 pm
MCKINNEY, Texas - It ain't over until a team is sure the umpire has signaled the final out.