- SC bill allows cannabis oil for epilepsy treatment Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- W. Pa. boy dies from bacterial meningitis Updated: Mar-06-14 5:57 pm
- Senate panel advances pot extract for kids bill Updated: Mar-06-14 4:05 pm
- Meningococcal disease suspected in student death Updated: Mar-05-14 1:17 pm
- Alzheimer's buddy program pairs patients, students Updated: Mar-04-14 12:27 pm
- Doctors call for more study of pot for seizures Updated: Mar-03-14 4:49 pm
- Health officials raise red flag against meningitis Updated: Mar-03-14 11:04 am
- EXCHANGE: Man humbled by rare flu complication Updated: Mar-02-14 5:05 am
- Correction: XGR--Medical Marijuana story Updated: Mar-01-14 4:41 pm
- Ex-Kansas congressman testifies about Alzheimer's Updated: Feb-27-14 11:31 am
- Tutor battling ALS teaches reading, acceptance Updated: Feb-27-14 9:56 am
- Novartis meningitis vaccine used at 2nd US campus Updated: Feb-24-14 8:25 am
- Utah bill allowing hemp use for kids clears hurdle Updated: Feb-23-14 6:14 pm
- W.Va. clown couple keeps laughs going Updated: Feb-23-14 9:52 am
- NC high school student dies from disease Updated: Feb-20-14 12:21 pm
- Colo. pot aids kids with seizures, worries doctors Updated: Feb-18-14 1:50 am
- Princeton offers second dose of meningitis vaccine Updated: Feb-16-14 3:29 pm
- High school student dies from suspected meningitis Updated: Feb-16-14 1:28 am
- Love endures despite onset of early Alzheimer's Updated: Feb-14-14 5:49 pm
- Ex-inmate says staff attacked him during seizure Updated: Feb-13-14 10:56 am
- NC hospital apologizes for exposure to disease Updated: Feb-10-14 6:49 pm
- Parents struggling to cope as ADHD cases rise Updated: Feb-10-14 1:01 pm
- Patton laments 'stupid mistake' that led to ban Updated: Feb-05-14 1:32 pm
- Omeros gets faster FDA review of Huntington's drug Updated: Feb-05-14 11:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - People suffering from severe epilepsy could legally use oil derived from marijuana under a bill advanced Thursday in the South Carolina House.
PITTSBURGH - The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office says a 6-year-old Pittsburgh boy has died from bacterial meningitis.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Senate committee Thursday unanimously approved a bill allowing Utah parents of children with severe epilepsy to legally obtain a marijuana-derived extract they say helps with seizures.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland high school student has died of a suspected case of meningococcal (mehn-ihn-joh-KAHK'-ul) disease.
CHICAGO - At age 80, retired Chicago physician and educator Dan Winship is getting a bittersweet last chance to teach about medicine - only this time he's the subject. In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, Winship is giving a young medical student a close-up look at a devastating illness affecting millions of patients worldwide.
A medical group of epilepsy experts on Monday called on the federal government to reconsider classifying marijuana as a dangerous drug so its impact on seizures can be studied.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Health officials are urging people to take precautions against meningitis.
CROPSEY, Illinois - Jeff Noyd was a retired police and fire officer who did just about everything on the farm.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - In a story Feb. 28 about medical marijuana legislation in Maryland, The Associated Press incorrectly identified a child who died after his family considered moving from Maryland to Colorado as being named Logan. The child who died was named Gavin.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Four years ago, Dennis Moore retired from the House of Representatives, discouraged by relentless partisan bickering.
GREENFIELD, Indiana - Rod Sanford leans in close, studying the words on the page.
GENEVA - Swiss drug maker Novartis says a second U.S. university is using its new vaccine against meningitis B.
SALT LAKE CITY - A bill to give children with epilepsy access to a cannabis extract has cleared its first major hurdle at the Utah Legislature, despite opposition from the Utah Medical Association.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tom and Jessica King didn't think much of the movie "The Guilt Trip."
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Orange County health officials say a 14-year-old student at East Chapel Hill High School has died from an illness linked to meningitis.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The doctors were out of ideas to help 5-year-old Charlotte Figi.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Princeton University is offering booster shots for students and staff who received the meningitis B vaccine late last year.
SAN DIEGO - San Diego County public health officials say a high school student has died from a suspected bacterial meningitis infection.
McKINNEY, Texas - Cliche or not, Kam Manthe says she fell in love the first time she saw him.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former inmate says officers at Sangamon County Jail attacked him with pepper spray and a stun gun while he was suffering an epileptic seizure.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A Winston-Salem hospital apologized Monday after improper sterilization exposed nearly 20 patients to a rare neurological disease.
PITTSBURGH - At least once a month, Beth Tauberg gets a phone call from a frustrated parent whose child is newly diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD.
NEW YORK - Drug developer Omeros said Wednesday that regulators will conduct a faster review of its drug OMS824, a treatment for cognitive impairment in patients with Huntington's disease.