- UK says cure or drug for dementia possible by 2025 Updated: Dec-11-13 11:20 am
- UC Riverside staffer has meningitis Updated: Dec-10-13 10:01 am
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton Updated: Dec-09-13 10:29 pm
- Fremont couple weather health problems together Updated: Dec-08-13 2:07 pm
- Parkinson's disease leads woman to stylish hobby Updated: Dec-06-13 9:46 am
- Autopsy: Alzheimer's patient died from gun wound Updated: Dec-03-13 1:22 pm
- Facing tough foe, man turns to comics collection Updated: Nov-29-13 2:10 pm
- 6-year-old fights mysterious, frightening epilepsy Updated: Nov-28-13 10:12 am
- Ristvedt, "Larry" of KFGO radio show, dies at 71 Updated: Nov-26-13 6:04 pm
- Correction: Meningitis Outbreak story Updated: Nov-25-13 4:08 pm
- Prosecutor: Tainted steroids probe 'very active' Updated: Nov-25-13 2:23 pm
- Michigan AG, Mass. US attorney to announce plans Updated: Nov-24-13 7:46 pm
- Coroner: Merrill Lynch intern died from epilepsy Updated: Nov-22-13 4:01 pm
- 88-year-old with dementia fatally beaten in Indy Updated: Nov-22-13 3:31 pm
- US survey: More than 1 in 10 kids has ADHD Updated: Nov-22-13 1:11 pm
- 'Lexi Gordon Day' to honor terminally ill girl Updated: Nov-21-13 6:40 pm
- 3 UC Santa Barbara students sick from meningitis Updated: Nov-21-13 4:49 pm
- NJ university reports meningitis case Updated: Nov-21-13 3:15 pm
- Ga. Tech responds to suspected meningitis case Updated: Nov-21-13 6:52 am
- Bulk mixers of prescribed drugs get more scrutiny Updated: Nov-18-13 6:50 pm
- FDA approves nerve stimulator implant for epilepsy Updated: Nov-14-13 5:50 pm
- Quinn talks about his mom at caregiving conference Updated: Nov-14-13 11:16 am
- Cowlitz Co. infant with meningitis dies Updated: Nov-11-13 11:37 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron says he hopes to kick-start an international effort to find a cure or effective treatment for dementia by 2025.
RIVERSIDE, California - Authorities say a staff member has come down with meningitis at the University of California, Riverside, the fifth diagnosis of the bacterial illness within the UC system in recent months.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Princeton University has begun vaccinating nearly 6,000 students to try to stop an outbreak of type B meningitis in an unusual federal government-endorsed administration of a drug not generally approved for use in the United States.
FREMONT, Nebraska - There is little doubt that heroes enter our lives daily - the firefighter that runs into the burning building, the police officer who chases down the criminal.
SEYMOUR, Indiana - Evelyn Bunch was never much into fashion.
ATLANTA - An autopsy has found that an Alzheimer's patient who was shot in northwest Georgia died from the gunshot wound.
KILDEER, Illinois - It could be a plot from a classic comic book: A mild-mannered boy with the good Spidey sense to treat his comics like priceless manuscripts grows into a man who must use the valuable collection to fight his greatest foe, a rare disease threatening to rob him of his ability to walk.
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Spider-Man and Iron Man face off on top of a couch, with Zack Nelson making sure the fight is worth the effort. The kindergartner stands, leaning up against cushions, and while Iron Man receives a blow to the chest from Spidey, the 6-year-old answers questions about living with epilepsy.
FARGO, North Dakota - Longtime KFGO/Fargo radio personality Larry Ristvedt has died from ALS at age 71.
BOSTON - In a story Nov. 24 about a deadly meningitis outbreak, The Associated Press erroneously reported the location of a state grand jury that has been investigating. It is in Michigan, not Minnesota.
DETROIT - An investigation of tainted steroids that infected hundreds of people with meningitis remains "very active," a Massachusetts federal prosecutor said Monday while in Detroit to announce a partnership with authorities in Michigan, one of the hardest-hit states.
DETROIT - A federal prosecutor from Massachusetts is joining Michigan's attorney general Monday to announce a "new development" in state and federal probes of a company that sold steroid injection materials linked to a fungal meningitis outbreak.
LONDON - A young intern who worked at Bank of America Merrill Lynch died of an epileptic seizure that may have been triggered by fatigue, a British coroner said Friday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities in Indianapolis are investigating the beating death of an 88-year-old woman with dementia.
ATLANTA - The number of U.S. children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder continues to rise but may be leveling off a bit, a new survey shows.
BOSSIER CITY, Louisiana - Northwestern Louisiana officials and a Bossier City nonprofit are bringing attention to a 2-year-old Keithville girl who is terminally ill.
SANTA BARBARA, California - A bacterial meningitis outbreak has sickened three students at the University of California, Santa Barbara, health officials said Thursday.
WEST LONG BRANCH, New Jersey - A case of meningitis has been reported at Monmouth University.
ATLANTA - Health officials at Georgia Tech say a student is being treated for a suspected case of bacterial meningitis.
WASHINGTON - Congress took a half step Monday toward increasing federal oversight of so-called compounding pharmacies that custom mix medications in bulk, a year after a meningitis outbreak from contaminated steroid pain injections killed 64 people and sickened hundreds more.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved an implantable brain-stimulating device for patients with hard-to-treat epilepsy.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn is highlighting the role that those who care for the elderly and sick play by giving a personal example: His mom.
VANCOUVER, Washington - Health officials say a Cowlitz County infant diagnosed with bacterial meningitis has died in a Portland hospital.