- Hope College inaugurating concert hall amid arts expansion Updated: Feb-05-16 11:22 am
HOLLAND, Michigan - Hope College's new $35 million Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts includes an 800-seat concert hall, a recital hall with seating for up to 125, rehearsal rooms and a dedicated organ studio.
- Uncertainty in Guatemala as new president takes office Updated: Jan-14-16 10:29 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - TV comic and political neophyte Jimmy Morales was sworn in as Guatemala's president on Thursday amid uncertainty over how he plans to run the Central American nation beset by entrenched poverty, rampant corruption and violent criminal gangs.
- Mississippi governor pushes school choice at inauguration Updated: Jan-12-16 4:57 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant was inaugurated for a second and final term Tuesday and made his strongest pitch to date for letting parents use tax dollars to send children to schools of the family's choice.
- The Latest: Bryant inaugurated, 2nd term as Mississippi gov Updated: Jan-12-16 12:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on the inauguration of Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (all times local):
- Louisiana House rejects John Bel Edwards' pick for speaker Updated: Jan-11-16 4:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana House spurned Gov. John Bel Edwards' pick to be its speaker, handing the new governor his first legislative defeat as lawmakers selected their leaders Monday at the start of the four-year term.
- Edwards sworn in as governor; only Democrat in Deep South Updated: Jan-11-16 4:49 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Saying he won't be a "business-as-usual" leader, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards took his oath of office Monday, promising to stabilize the budget and end cycles of financial crises that threaten public health services and colleges.
- Latest: Edwards sworn in as Louisiana's 56th governor Updated: Jan-11-16 1:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest developments from Inauguration Day in Louisiana:
- Nashua mayor returns to office 2 decades after last stint Updated: Jan-11-16 6:58 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Nashua's newly inaugurated mayor is resuming his position after stepping away from office more than two decades ago.
- A look at the schedule for Edwards' Inauguration Day Updated: Jan-11-16 6:43 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Incoming Gov. John Bel Edwards has three main events for his Inauguration Day festivities, though only the ceremony is open to the public. A mass and a black-tie ball also scheduled for Monday were invitation only. A look at the day of events:
- San Francisco mayor sworn in amid raucous demonstration Updated: Jan-08-16 6:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee was sworn in to a second full term Friday amid a raucous demonstration by dozens of protesters angry over a 26-year-old man's shooting death by police last month.