- City weighs plan for upgrades for Albuquerque zoo Updated: Jul-05-15 4:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - City officials are weighing a plan that could determine what improvements the Albuquerque zoo receives over the next 20 years.
- New home for eagles at Ohio wildlife rehabilitation center Updated: Jul-05-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Back in April, Ron Short and Mary Kay Kuzma were walking their dogs near their Powell home when Kuzma noticed something big and brown standing in a neighbor's yard.
- Meerkats debut in new outdoor exhibit at Cincinnati Zoo Updated: Jul-05-15 6:13 am
CINCINNATI - Six meerkats have debuted in an outdoor exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Rescued sea lion found dead at Oklahoma City zoo Updated: Jul-04-15 1:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Zoo says a 2-year-old sea lion that was rescued in California has died.
- Military personnel can visit Cincinnati Zoo for free July 4 Updated: Jul-04-15 4:04 am
CINCINNATI - Military personnel can visit the Cincinnati Zoo for free on July 4 in recognition of their service to their country.
- Lion cubs en route to Jordan sanctuary check into Gaza hotel Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 pm
RAFAH, Gaza Strip - Gaza's militant Hamas rulers on Friday allowed a pair of lion cubs en route to a wildlife sanctuary in Jordan back into the Palestinian coastal strip after the animals and their entourage had been stuck for several hours on no-man's land at a Gaza-Israel border crossing.
- Florida Panhandle zoo owners say violations have been fixed Updated: Jul-03-15 1:59 pm
GULF BREEZE, Florida - The owners of a Florida Panhandle zoo are responding to a federal complaint accusing them of failing to properly care for their animals.
- Students on Omaha zoo duty learn about the workaday world Updated: Jul-03-15 12:02 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Eight special education students have learned something about the workaday world, thanks to their month on duty at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium.
- Zoo Atlanta acquires bald eagle from Auburn Raptor Center Updated: Jul-03-15 4:04 am
ATLANTA - Zoo Atlanta officials say they're welcoming a new bald eagle from the Auburn Raptor Center in Alabama.
- Endangered Mexican gray wolves born at suburban Chicago zoo Updated: Jun-30-15 6:35 pm
BROOKFIELD, Illinois - Officials of a suburban Chicago zoo say the birth of a litter of Mexican gray wolves marks a major milestone in the conservation of an endangered species.
- Columbus Zoo offers military families free admission Updated: Jun-28-15 2:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Active-duty and veteran military personnel and their families will be able to visit a zoo in central Ohio for free this week in recognition of their sacrifices in service to their country.
- White lion from Vegas act dies during surgery at Toledo Zoo Updated: Jun-27-15 12:14 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A white lion on loan from the Siegfried & Roy animal and magic act has died after undergoing a medical procedure at the Toledo Zoo.
- New lion babies go on display in Paris zoo Updated: Jun-26-15 11:53 am
PARIS - A French zoo has debuted its latest stars, unveiling three baby lions to the public for the first time.
- Zoo could bid farewell to its elephant pair for white rhinos Updated: Jun-25-15 10:28 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The two elephants that have been at the Virginia Zoo for nearly 50 years combined may find a new home soon.
- North Carolina Zoo to welcome second polar bear to exhibit Updated: Jun-25-15 8:32 am
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - The North Carolina Zoo will get a second resident for its 2.5-acre polar bear exhibit that opened last fall.
- Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear moving to North Carolina Updated: Jun-25-15 8:05 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear will be leaving the zoo for North Carolina.
- BioPark Zoo has 2 new faces on display Updated: Jun-25-15 7:46 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two new animals can now be seen at the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo.
- Flamingo in Brazilian zoo gets artificial leg Updated: Jun-24-15 4:20 pm
SOROCABA, Brazil - A pink flamingo in Brazil has gotten a new leg to stand on - an artificial one.
- Oklahoma City Zoo announces birth of giraffe Updated: Jun-23-15 5:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is announcing the birth of a giraffe.
- Speed the 150-year-old tortoise dies at San Diego Zoo Updated: Jun-20-15 6:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - One of San Diego's oldest residents has died.
- Gun rights activist challenging zoo's no-weapons policy Updated: Jun-16-15 5:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Zoo has won the fight for now in blocking a gun-rights activist from carrying a weapon on the site's grounds.
- Oklahoma City Zoo awaits Pearl the sea lion to give birth Updated: Jun-16-15 11:10 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Zookeepers in Oklahoma City are awaiting the birth of a sea lion pup.
- Des Moines zoo celebrates birth of macaque Updated: Jun-13-15 2:07 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Blank Park Zoo is celebrating the birth of a male Japanese macaque and the first birthdays of three other Japanese macaques.
- Los Angeles zoo breeder hatches, cares for rare lizards Updated: Jun-13-15 11:49 am
LOS ANGELES - It had been two decades since the rare lizard species had hatched from an egg in a North American zoo and survived.
- Navajo beliefs on snakes lead tribal zoo to abandon exhibit Updated: Jun-12-15 5:53 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A zoo on the nation's largest American Indian reservation has eliminated its snake exhibit because cultural beliefs about the reptiles as bad omens were deterring visitors from seeing other animals.