- Animal care questioned at National Zoo amid cuts Updated: Dec-12-13 1:06 pm
- Horse foal dies at National Zoo facility in Va. Updated: Dec-12-13 6:35 am
- Buffalo Zoo sends toad tadpoles to Puerto Rico Updated: Dec-11-13 3:06 am
- Baby sloth introduced at central NY zoo Updated: Dec-11-13 3:06 am
- Fort Wayne zoo's beloved pony takes final ride Updated: Dec-07-13 4:14 pm
- Rare Malayan tiger at Fresno Zoo pregnant Updated: Dec-07-13 1:44 pm
- Gorilla born at Atlanta zoo in August gets a name Updated: Dec-06-13 6:46 am
- Amur Leopards born at Jacksonville zoo Updated: Dec-05-13 3:05 am
- 6 chimpanzees new to Houston Zoo now on exhibit Updated: Dec-04-13 8:52 am
- Tribal elders suing Cherokee bear zoo Updated: Dec-03-13 12:49 pm
- Male giraffe, 17, dies at zoo in East Texas Updated: Dec-02-13 8:13 am
- Zoo debuts maned wolf, 4 meerkats Updated: Dec-02-13 4:14 am
- National Zoo names 100-day-old panda cub Bao Bao Updated: Dec-01-13 3:29 pm
- Springfield zoo evaluates its elephant program Updated: Dec-01-13 11:44 am
- National Zoo to name 100-day-old panda cub Updated: Dec-01-13 5:20 am
- NE Ohio zoo naming contest for coyotes Updated: Nov-30-13 9:28 am
- Ore. zoo's youngest elephant turning 1 Updated: Nov-30-13 1:11 am
- Ore. zookeeper: Pets need something to do at home Updated: Nov-29-13 6:23 pm
- 41-year-old elephant dies at Zoo Miami Updated: Nov-29-13 5:34 am
- Zoo's classroom gets national recognition Updated: Nov-28-13 9:08 am
- Cause of Indian Rhino calf's death in Ala. unclear Updated: Nov-27-13 2:55 pm
- Gerenuk born at Denver Zoo Updated: Nov-27-13 2:44 pm
- St. Augustine attraction zips over alligators Updated: Nov-27-13 11:41 am
- Elephant who killed woman now in S. California Updated: Nov-26-13 9:20 pm
- Little Rock Zoo hatches 2nd African penguin chick Updated: Nov-26-13 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian's National Zoo has found serious problems with its animal care and management of various creatures kept in the Cheetah Conservation Station over the past year, and the zoo's director said Thursday that he is looking at changes to the operation amid budget cuts.
FRONT ROYAL, Virginia - The National Zoo says a Przewalski's (sheh-VAL-skee's) horse foal has died at its Conservation Biology Institute.
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Zoo has sent hundreds of toad tadpoles to Puerto Rico.
SYRACUSE, New York - A baby two-toed sloth at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse is destined to be a frequent star of educational events.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - For years, thousands of children visiting from near and far took time out of their visit to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo for a ride on Cookie, a beloved pony.
FRESNO, California - A rare Malayan tiger at the Fresno Zoo is expecting.
ATLANTA - A gorilla born at Atlanta's zoo in August has been named Anaka.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is welcoming two endangered Amur leopard cubs.
HOUSTON - Six chimpanzees previously cared for by a Virginia couple have debuted at their new home - the Houston Zoo.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Members of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians are suing a North Carolina roadside zoo that keeps bears in concrete pits on reservation land.
LUFKIN, Texas - A 17-year-old giraffe has collapsed and died at the East Texas zoo where he lived since 1999.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Louisville Zoo has some new residents. They are a 1 ½-year-old male maned wolf named Rocko and four male meerkats named Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Rajesh, for characters on the CBS hit show "The Big Bang Theory."
WASHINGTON - The most popular giant panda in U.S.-China relations finally was given an identity Sunday as the Smithsonian's National Zoo named its female 100-day-old cub Bao Bao (bow-BOW) after receiving more than 123,000 votes online from the public.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri zoo is evaluating its elephant program following the death of a zookeeper and nationwide changes in how the industry is caring for the animals.
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian's National Zoo is preparing to reveal the name of its giant panda cub after receiving more than 123,000 votes online from the public.
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio zoo has a naming contest for its two new coyotes.
PORTLAND, Oregon - She's only been around for a year but Oregon Zoo keepers say the zoo's youngest elephant is impossible to ignore.
PENDLETON, Oregon - As a child in Pendleton, Nicole Nicassio-Hiskey had every pet she could slip past her mother. Turtles, rats, dogs and cats all roamed the Nicassio household.
MIAMI - A 41-year-old Zoo Miami elephant is dead.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A program that turns the Louisville Zoo in a classroom for youths has gotten some national recognition.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Officials at the Montgomery Zoo say they're unsure of why an Indian Rhinoceros calf died in mid-October.
DENVER - The Denver Zoo has a new addition.
ST. AUGUSTINE, Florida - I was slowly crossing a swinging log bridge when I paused, sensing the alligator 12 feet below was staring at me.
SAN DIEGO - An elephant that accidentally killed a New Zealand zookeeper last year has a new home in California.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Zoo has a new baby penguin.