- Zoo defends decision not to kill tiger that attacked keeper Updated: Apr-28-16 6:43 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - The president of a Florida zoo defended Thursday the decision to tranquilize and not kill a rare Malayan tiger that had fatally attacked a keeper and was preventing rescuers from giving her aid.
- Oakland Zoo, Audubon Society team up to help birds Updated: Apr-28-16 2:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Zoo and the Golden Gate Audubon Society have teamed up to help save fledgling birds that have fallen from their nests onto the busy streets of downtown Oakland.
- Ohio zoo says 47-year-old white rhinoceros has died Updated: Apr-28-16 12:42 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A zoo in northern Ohio says its southern white rhinoceros has died.
- New York zoo introduces new - fluffy! - African lion cub Updated: Apr-27-16 4:12 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A New York zoo has welcomed a new African lion cub, its first cub to be born there in 25 years.
- 3 Sumatran tiger cubs step out at San Diego Zoo Updated: Apr-27-16 2:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three endangered Sumatran tiger cubs have made their debut at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- Thailand is used to hot Aprils, but not this hot! Updated: Apr-27-16 6:53 am
BANGKOK - Animals at Bangkok's zoo are being fed special frozen fruit pops. People are flocking to shopping malls just to soak up the air-conditioning. Authorities are telling people to stay out of the blazing sun to avoid heat stroke.
- Billy Busch offers $1 more than siblings for Grant's Farm Updated: Apr-25-16 10:47 am
ST. LOUIS - Kraftig Brewing Co. founder William K. "Billy" Busch is now offering $1 more than his siblings in his effort to buy Grant's Farm in south St. Louis County.
- Gorilla gives birth unexpectedly at Prague zoo Updated: Apr-25-16 9:06 am
PRAGUE - It was an unexpected birth that took everyone at the Prague zoo by surprise.
- Old whale statue to grace Indianapolis mini golf course Updated: Apr-25-16 8:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - When the Indianapolis Museum of Art opens its miniature golf course in May, visitors will notice a familiar face. Willie the Whale from the old Indianapolis Zoo will find a temporary home on the 18th hole.
- Designer of state seal still creating vivid artwork at 84 Updated: Apr-24-16 3:05 am
CENTRALIA, Washington - If you live in Washington, there's a good chance you have already seen one Lewis County resident's artwork.
- Minot zoo opening a week early thanks for favorable weather Updated: Apr-22-16 7:12 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Roosevelt Park Zoo in Minot is opening a week early this year, after a mild winter and early spring.
- Weight loss plans show results at Peoria-area wildlife park Updated: Apr-22-16 3:00 pm
HANNA CITY, Illinois - Wildlife Prairie Park is seeing promising results with the weight loss plans it implemented for many of the animals living at the facility outside of Peoria.
- Battle Creek zoo breaks ground on lion, wild dog exhibits Updated: Apr-22-16 2:10 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Battle Creek's Binder Park Zoo has broken ground on two new exhibits connected by the lives of two young people.
- Daisy the rhino, The Maryland Zoo's oldest mammal, dies Updated: Apr-22-16 7:01 am
BALTIMORE - The oldest mammal at The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore has died.
- St. Louis Zoo reveals 25-year, $500 million redevelopment Updated: Apr-21-16 5:28 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Zoo has created a plan for a 25-year, $500 million expansion and redevelopment that would remodel the property's southern half to include giraffes, flamingos and a 2,000-foot-long passenger lift.
- 3 baby lemurs to debut at the Bronx Zoo Updated: Apr-21-16 1:21 pm
NEW YORK - Three baby lemurs are making their debut at the Bronx Zoo.
- 2 Virginia Zoo elephants journey to new home at Zoo Miami Updated: Apr-19-16 4:11 am
MIAMI - Two elephants from the Virginia Zoo are headed to their new home in South Florida.
- Texas zoo gorilla named "Gus" for Kansas university's mascot Updated: Apr-18-16 3:45 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - The first gorilla born in captivity at the Fort Worth Zoo in Texas has been dubbed "Gus," thanks to fans of Pittsburg State University in Kansas who took over a social media campaign to name the animal and voted for the moniker of the school's mascot.
- Tiger cub back at Jacksonville Zoo after broken leg Updated: Apr-18-16 8:31 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Sumatran tiger cub with a broken leg is on the mend and will be back on exhibit at the Jacksonville Zoo.
- Long-living Sumatran tiger euthanized at Honolulu Zoo Updated: Apr-17-16 8:32 pm
HONOLULU - Officials say a female Sumatran tiger at the Honolulu Zoo that is thought to be the longest-living one in captivity has been euthanized at age 25.
- Deaths at Baton Rouge zoo prompt outside reviews Updated: Apr-16-16 4:33 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The death of a Malayan tiger and other deaths at the Baton Rouge Zoo have prompted the zoo to ask for an audit from its accrediting agency, the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, and an investigation from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- 5-month-old polar bear cub makes her debut at Ohio zoo Updated: Apr-15-16 4:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 5-month-old female polar bear cub has made quite a playful debut at an Ohio zoo.
- Chimp flees Japan zoo, caught after falling from power pole Updated: Apr-14-16 11:01 pm
TOKYO - A chimpanzee escaped from a zoo in northern Japan, climbed a tall electricity pole and then plunged from the wires into a blanket held by a dozen workers after being hit with a sedative arrow.
- Wildlife center owner seeks application for state permit Updated: Apr-14-16 8:50 am
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - A Minnesota woman who ran into opposition last year by opening a wildlife education center in the western South Dakota city of Deadwood looks to be trying it again.
- Jaguar euthanized at Tulsa Zoo Updated: Apr-14-16 1:15 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Zoo officials say a jaguar has been euthanized after it suffered from age-related health issues.