- Lathrup Village man wins MI Great Artist contest Updated: Dec-13-13 7:29 am
- Damien Hirst artworks stolen from London gallery Updated: Dec-11-13 11:47 am
- Legal battle over Nazi-seized masterpiece revived Updated: Dec-09-13 4:51 pm
- South Frankfort seeing revitalization Updated: Dec-08-13 12:11 pm
- Rockwell art sells for record $46M at NY auction Updated: Dec-04-13 10:52 pm
- Natural history museum diorama painter dies in Vt. Updated: Dec-03-13 5:37 pm
- Large oil companies pulling up stakes in Kansas Updated: Dec-01-13 11:40 am
- Flea-market Renoir siblings bitterly divided Updated: Nov-29-13 1:15 pm
- Ala. museum has art formerly displayed only by CIA Updated: Nov-28-13 11:50 am
- Lansing lawyer finds portrait of dad in Detroit Updated: Nov-28-13 4:14 am
- Los Angeles museum gains painting, could lose seal Updated: Nov-26-13 7:25 pm
- UK museum finds 'new' Constable oil sketch Updated: Nov-26-13 9:46 am
- UGA to host show on 1940s art, politics, censoring Updated: Nov-23-13 7:35 am
- Guinness record to painting booted out of ArtPrize Updated: Nov-22-13 4:13 am
- Berlin man confesses art forgery, commits suicide Updated: Nov-20-13 10:49 am
- Exhibit in DC examines Diego Rivera's NYC painting Updated: Nov-20-13 3:04 am
- Artists brighten up alley in Le Mars Updated: Nov-17-13 11:53 am
- California releases draft rules for fracking Updated: Nov-16-13 5:31 pm
- Indiana impressionist inspired by faith, family Updated: Nov-14-13 10:55 am
- Warhol painting fetches record $105M at NY auction Updated: Nov-13-13 11:52 pm
- Painting from Meadow Brook Hall to be shown at DIA Updated: Nov-13-13 5:13 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - An artist from Lathrup Village has won the second annual MI Great Artist contest.
LONDON - Two Damien Hirst artworks together valued at 33,000 pounds ($54,000) have been stolen from a London art gallery, police said Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court on Monday resurrected a Jewish family's long legal battle to regain ownership of a $20 million masterpiece seized in Nazi Germany during World War II.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - For fans of urban revitalization in historic areas, it's the perfect love story.
NEW YORK - A Norman Rockwell painting titled "Saying Grace" sold at an auction on Wednesday for $46 million, a record for the Saturday Evening Post illustrator and for any work sold at an American art auction, Sotheby's said.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Painter Fred F. Scherer, who created vivid dioramas of animals and birds in natural scenes for the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, has died at age 98.
ANTHONY, Kansas - The future seemed so tantalizing just two years ago as the nation's big oil firms rushed into Kansas.
WASHINGTON - A federal court battle over a stolen Renoir has fractured relations between a northern Virginia man and his sister, who maintains she bought the painting at a West Virginia flea market for $7 in 2009.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - There are only two places to see a gallery of artwork depicting key events in the history of U.S. intelligence services: The headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency and an out-of-the way museum in Alabama.
LANSING, Michigan - Richard Brake knew for more than five decades there was a portrait of his father somewhere in the halls of the University of Detroit Mercy Law School.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has welcomed the donation of a Baroque-era painting that was stolen in Italy by Nazis during World War II, but it could be losing a royal seal that may have been taken from a shrine in Seoul as the Korean War wound down.
LONDON - A London museum says it has discovered a previously unknown oil sketch by John Constable tucked beneath the lining of another work by the English romantic painter known for his landscapes.
ATHENS, Georgia - The art museum at the University of Georgia will be the final stop for a traveling show on 1940s art, politics and censorship.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - ArtPrize didn't want him, but Guinness World Records does.
BERLIN - German police say a Berlin gallery owner has committed suicide days after confessing to forging and selling paintings by French-German artist Lou Albert-Lasard.
WASHINGTON - The Mexican Cultural Institute in Washington is opening a new exhibit exploring a famous artwork by Diego Rivera.
LE MARS, Iowa - Colorful characters have brought life to buildings' backsides in the alley between Central and First Avenue Northeast in downtown Le Mars.
SACRAMENTO, California - Oil companies would have to test groundwater and notify landowners before they do fracking or other well stimulation techniques under draft rules released by the state.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - When acclaimed impressionist painter C.W. Mundy gets ready to start a new work, he begins with a simple step:
NEW YORK - A prized 1963 Andy Warhol painting that captures the immediate aftermath of a car crash sold for $105 million Wednesday at a New York City auction, shattering the record for the famed pop artist amid a spending frenzy at the high end of the art world.
ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan - A 17th-century painting by Spanish artist Bartolome Esteban Murillo that was hanging in a dark corner at Meadow Brook Hall in suburban Detroit will go on display next year after it was spotted by a Detroit Institute of Arts curator.