- Skeletons uncovered in mass graves in Somalia Updated: Mar-06-14 12:47 pm
- Sri Lankan rights groups seek war crimes probe Updated: Mar-04-14 12:40 pm
- Scenes of death in South Sudan: 'No humanity here' Updated: Feb-27-14 10:48 am
- UN: Syrians to be world's biggest refugee group Updated: Feb-25-14 3:33 pm
- Sri Lanka mulls SAfrican-model truth commission Updated: Feb-19-14 6:14 am
- 9 Serbs jailed for Kosovo massacre Updated: Feb-11-14 2:28 pm
- Ex-Guatemalan soldier sentenced to 10 years in US Updated: Feb-10-14 5:55 pm
- Court hears Congo warlord Ntaganda evidence Updated: Feb-10-14 11:20 am
- Prosecutor to investigate Central African Republic Updated: Feb-07-14 11:19 am
- Former warlord launches campaign to succeed Karzai Updated: Feb-06-14 4:29 pm
HARGEISA, Somalia - An American volunteer gently brushes away dirt to reveal the bones of a Somali victim buried in a mass grave some 30 years ago. Tens of thousands of skeletons may lie in mass graves here, on the northern edge of Somalia, where many want to see justice prevail, even if delayed.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Human rights groups in Sri Lanka on Tuesday asked the United Nations to carry out an international investigation of alleged war crimes and other rights violations during the country's civil war.
MALAKAL, South Sudan - House after house has been burned to the ground. Hospital patients have been shot by armed rebels while lying in their beds. Dozens of corpses litter the streets.
UNITED NATIONS - Syrians could soon overtake Afghans as the world's biggest refugee population, with their numbers expected to pass 4 million by year's end, a top U.N. official said Tuesday.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka's government said Wednesday that it was considering a process similar to South Africa's post-apartheid Truth and Reconciliation Commission to heal the wounds of the island nation's decades-long civil war.
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia's war crimes court on Tuesday convicted nine former paramilitary members of the brutal killings of more than 100 ethnic Albanian civilians during the Kosovo war and sentenced them to between two and 20 years in prison.
RIVERSIDE, California - A former Guatemalan special forces soldier was sentenced Monday to a decade in an American prison for lying on a U.S. citizenship application about his role in a civil war massacre that decimated a village more than three decades ago.
AMSTERDAM - Judges at the International Criminal Court began hearing arguments Monday about whether to put Bosco Ntaganda, a former rebel leader in Congo's unstable eastern region, on trial for alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity.
AMSTERDAM - The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court said Friday she has opened a preliminary investigation into potential war crimes or crimes against humanity in Central African Republic.