- US syncho swimming team needs financing to reach worlds Updated: Apr-28-15 12:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The U.S. synchronized swimming team has launched an online fundraising campaign with a goal of $50,000 to help pay its way to the world championships in Russia this summer.
- Olympians Anderson and Meyer win 5k open water nationals Updated: Apr-26-15 4:59 pm
- Bowman returns to college ranks as Arizona State swim coach Updated: Apr-24-15 7:56 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Bob Bowman, the longtime coach of 18-time Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps, is taking charge of Arizona State's men's and women's swimming programs.
- Mann, Wilimovsky win 10k titles at US open water nationals Updated: Apr-24-15 3:24 pm
MIROMAR LAKES, Florida - Becca Mann and Jordan Wilimovsky have won the women's and men's 10-kilometer titles at the U.S. open water national championships, earning berths in this summer's world championships.
- NSIC to begin sanctioning women's swimming and diving Updated: Apr-22-15 8:41 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference is sanctioning women's swimming and diving as the league's 18th championship sport, with competition beginning during the 2016-17 academic year.
- Phelps roars from last to 1st in 100 free at Arizona meet Updated: Apr-18-15 11:38 pm
MESA, Arizona - Michael Phelps felt something coming off the wall in the 100-meter freestyle, a sensation he hadn't experienced since resuming training four months ago.
- Swimmer Claire Donahue in search of new training site Updated: Apr-17-15 3:19 pm
MESA, Arizona - Olympian Claire Donahue is in search of a new place to train barely a year before the Rio Games after her coach lost his job at Western Kentucky when the school's swimming and diving programs were suspended for five years.
- Brazil eyes historic medal haul in 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: Apr-17-15 1:12 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - China thrived at the Beijing Games in 2008. Britain excelled in London in 2012. Next year, Brazil will try to show it can produce a historic performance at its home Olympics.
- Katie Ledecky wins 1,500 freestyle in Mesa Updated: Apr-15-15 11:44 pm
MESA, Arizona - Olympic gold medalist Katie Ledecky won the women's 1500-meter freestyle Wednesday night in the Arena Pro Swim Series event at the Skyline Aquatic Center.
- W. Kentucky suspends swimming, diving programs for 5 years Updated: Apr-14-15 5:39 pm
Western Kentucky suspended its swimming and diving programs for five years on Tuesday following an investigation of hazing incidents and violations of Title IX sexual misconduct and assault, harassment and the student conduct code.
- Golden Oldies: Aging athletes in Japan turn back the clock Updated: Apr-09-15 3:14 am
TOKYO - Last weekend, 48-year-old Japanese football player Kazuyoshi Miura broke his own record as the J-League's oldest scorer with a goal for second division club Yokohama FC.
- Michael Phelps to return from suspension at meet in Arizona Updated: Apr-07-15 2:53 pm
MESA, Arizona - Michael Phelps will return from a six-month suspension at a swimming meet in Mesa, Arizona, next week.