- USA Synchro to move its headquarters to Colorado Updated: Aug-21-15 10:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - USA Synchro will move its headquarters from Indianapolis to Colorado Springs by year's end to be closer to the Olympic Training Center.
- Russia pushes to add men to rhythmic gymnastics Updated: Aug-19-15 11:39 am
MOSCOW - The dominant nation in rhythmic gymnastics, Russia, called Wednesday for men to be allowed to compete in one of the last single-gender Olympic sports.
- Herrera and Faulkner win titles at USA Diving nationals Updated: Aug-11-15 8:14 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Briadam Herrera won the men's 1-meter springboard and Lisa Faulkner took the women's 10-meter platform title at the USA Diving national championships Tuesday.
- Wilimovsky adds to world title with win at US nationals Updated: Aug-11-15 1:50 am
SAN ANTONIO - After winning a world championship, Jordan Wilimovsky returned home to claim a national title Monday.
- Katie Ledecky crowns herself czarina at Russian swim worlds Updated: Aug-10-15 1:50 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky is ready to enjoy a week off. She's certainly earned it.
- Russia's new 'sports capital' has Olympic ambitions Updated: Aug-10-15 8:53 am
KAZAN, Russia - The city calling itself "Russia's sports capital" isn't Moscow, St. Petersburg or even last year's Winter Olympic host Sochi. Instead it's Kazan, a provincial city with global ambitions.
- Sun Yang is no-show for 1,500 free final at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 3:12 pm
KAZAN, Russia - No sooner had Sun Yang returned to the top of the podium with two victories at the world swimming championships than the Chinese star was enveloped in mystery.
- Russia on defensive after failure at home swimming worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 2:50 pm
KAZAN, Russia - With President Vladimir Putin looking on at the opening ceremony, Russia's first home world aquatics championships started with optimism but ended with disappointment and infighting.
- 'Iron Lady' Hosszu poised for another medley sweep at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 5:03 am
KAZAN, Russia - The "Iron Lady" from Hungary is poised for another medley sweep at the swimming world championships.
- Woman completes record-breaking swim to Golden Gate Bridge Updated: Aug-09-15 12:04 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco resident became the first woman to swim the 30-mile stretch from the Farallon Islands to the Golden Gate Bridge on Saturday and conquer one of the world's most dangerous crossings.
- Katie Ledecky lowers own world mark in 800 freestyle Updated: Aug-08-15 12:23 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky has lowered her own world record by 3.61 seconds in winning the 800-meter freestyle at the world swimming championships.
- Italian swimmer Paltrinieri has a plan to dethrone Sun Yang Updated: Aug-08-15 8:24 am
KAZAN, Russia - Gregorio Paltrinieri's strategy to dethrone Sun Yang during the longest race in the pool is simple: gain a big lead on the Chinese superstar and never look back.
- Column: Olympic champ Dana Vollmer shows how to have it all Updated: Aug-07-15 7:36 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Dana Vollmer is back at the pool, hoping to compete at another Olympics and reclaim her world record.
- US beats Dutch to win women's world water polo title Updated: Aug-07-15 4:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - The United States women's water polo team won the world championship title Friday for the first time since 2009, beating the Netherlands 5-4 in the gold medal game.
- Britain's swimmers on crest of a wave at worlds Updated: Aug-06-15 8:42 am
KAZAN, Russia - Britain's swimmers are riding the crest of a wave at the world championships in Kazan, recording their best ever performance and powered by new star Adam Peaty.
- American Katie Ledecky lowers own world mark in 1,500 free Updated: Aug-04-15 11:43 am
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky of the United States has lowered her own world record by 2.23 seconds in winning the 1,500 freestyle at the world swimming championships.
- Simpson wins high diving gold at world championships Updated: Aug-04-15 8:38 am
KAZAN, Russia - The United States won gold and silver in women's high diving at the world championships Tuesday as Rachelle Simpson beat defending champion Cesilie Carlton to the top spot.
- US teen Ledecky improves her own world record in 1,500 free Updated: Aug-03-15 5:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - American teenager Katie Ledecky has improved her own world record in the 1,500-meter freestyle at the swimming world championships.
- Qiu beats Boudia to diving gold at world championships Updated: Aug-02-15 4:05 pm
KAZAN, Russia - David Boudia hoped some long-distance encouragement from his family could help him add a world championship title to his surprising Olympic diving victory from 2012.
- Sweden's Sarah Sjoestrom sets world mark in 100 butterfly Updated: Aug-02-15 11:09 am
KAZAN, Russia - Sarah Sjoestrom of Sweden has set a world record in the semifinals of the 100-butterfly at the world swimming championships.
- Franklin, Ledecky are workhorses of US swim team at worlds Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky are the workhorses of the U.S. team at the world swimming championships.
- North Korea wins 1st world aquatics gold with diving victory Updated: Jul-30-15 1:55 pm
KAZAN, Russia - North Korea won its first gold medal at the world aquatics championships through 16-year-old Kim Kuk Hyang in women's 10-meter diving on Thursday.
- Deep end: Redland water polo phenom swims onto world stage Updated: Jul-30-15 12:14 pm
MIAMI - When Donna Johnson decided to raise her five children in the peaceful, pastoral splendor of the Redland, she chose a five-acre plot dotted with mango, avocado and sapodilla trees.