- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls Updated: Mar-09-14 9:31 pm
- Hip-hop video contest part of violence prevention Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- North Kingstown student wins state spelling bee Updated: Mar-09-14 2:50 pm
- Lawmakers alter Wi-Fi options for schools Updated: Mar-09-14 1:58 pm
- Mo. school proposals seek options close to home Updated: Mar-09-14 1:38 pm
- New elementary school in Harrison County Updated: Mar-09-14 10:56 am
- NH schoolchildren helping with butterfly habitat Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 am
- Atlanta aims to invest more in teachers Updated: Mar-09-14 9:37 am
- Ketchikan gains young archers Updated: Mar-09-14 6:14 am
- Montini Catholic tops Joliet Catholic 57-44 Updated: Mar-08-14 6:08 pm
- State school testing to switch to computer only Updated: Mar-08-14 5:34 pm
- NYC mayor says he doesn't oppose charter schools Updated: Mar-08-14 3:35 pm
- Acting principal named for Trinity High School Updated: Mar-08-14 3:28 pm
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends Updated: Mar-08-14 3:10 pm
- Missouri seeing effects of declining casino visits Updated: Mar-08-14 2:41 pm
- West Des Moines district considers closing school Updated: Mar-08-14 1:59 pm
- Lawmakers consider ways to help homeless students Updated: Mar-08-14 1:53 pm
- Dispute erupts over school reform in Newark, NJ Updated: Mar-08-14 1:01 pm
- College may offer classes in Brookhaven Updated: Mar-08-14 12:35 pm
- Evangelist Gothard resigns after harassment claims Updated: Mar-08-14 11:50 am
- Jackson Public Schools schedules 2 make-up days Updated: Mar-08-14 11:12 am
- Zais calls for flexibility in high school courses Updated: Mar-08-14 11:12 am
- Retired teacher reads to former student's class Updated: Mar-08-14 8:10 am
- E-cigarettes ignite debate over regulation, sales Updated: Mar-08-14 4:13 am
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan Updated: Mar-07-14 7:13 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Investigators combed through a collapsed theater stage at a Southern California high school Sunday, trying to determine why it buckled during a performance and sent 25 students to the hospital, some with broken bones but most with minor injuries like bruises and scrapes.
BOSTON - A hip-hop video contest will be held for Boston high school students during the city's participation in National Youth Violence Prevention Week.
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - A middle school student from North Kingstown has won the Rhode Island State Spelling Bee for the second-straight year.
BOISE, Idaho - Lawmakers on the Legislature's joint budget committee say Idaho school districts that chose not to join a statewide contract for high school Wi-Fi services should qualify for state funding for their own Wi-Fi networks.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Reining in a wide-open Missouri school transfer law could involve first trying to get students into a better school located in their struggling school district if there is space.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Harrison County School District officials say 620 students will be heading to class in a brand-new school building in the fall when River Oaks Elementary opens.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Some elementary school students in Concord, New Hampshire are playing a key role in an effort to protect the state butterfly.
ATLANTA - Atlanta's new school board is betting that an investment in teachers will pay off more than attempts to reduce class sizes.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A collection of Point Higgins Elementary School students are voluntarily following strict instructions, stretching their focus and heeding direction outside the classroom.
NORMAL, Illinois - Montini Catholic beat Joliet Catholic 57-44 on Saturday to win its fourth girls Class 3A state title in five years.
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - New Mexico students will take pencil to paper for the last time this month for their state standards-based assessment test.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will work to find space for displaced charter school students.
DICKINSON, North Dakota - School officials have named an acting principal for a western North Dakota high school heavily damaged in a fire that authorities say was started by the former principal.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A marathon spelling bee between two Kansas City-area students who exhausted the initial word list last month ended after 29 more rounds Saturday when the eventual runner-up stumbled over the word "stifling."
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A recent decline in Missouri's casino revenues has created funding shortfalls for public schools and state-run veterans' nursing homes, raising questions among lawmakers about the extent to which the state can continue to rely on gambling to fund some key programs.
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - One of West Des Moines' first elementary schools would close under a budget-cutting proposal by the school district.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Mary Kamandala worried about her children.
NEWARK, New Jersey - More than three years after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg committed $100 million toward remaking Newark's struggling schools, the district is engulfed in a dispute over proposed large-scale teacher layoffs that's threatening to derail wider reform efforts.
BROOKHAVEN, Mississippi - Mississippi College may offer classes in Brookhaven for the fall 2014 semester, allowing area residents to pursue a master's degree without having to travel to the university's main campus in Clinton.
OAK BROOK, Illinois - A prominent Christian evangelist known for promoting a Bible-based home school curriculum has resigned from the Illinois-based organization he led following allegations of sexual harassment.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Students in Jackson public schools will have to go to school on Saturday, April 5, and Monday, April 21, to make up days missed because of bad weather on Jan. 28 and 29.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina high school students who don't plan to go to college should be able to choose courses that are more practical than algebra II or English literature, the state's superintendent of schools says.
YUMA, Arizona - Amanda Stoermer, a second- and third-grade teacher at James D. Price Elementary School, felt like she had stepped back in time to her elementary school days when her own second-grade teacher came to her classroom to read to her students.
LANSING, Michigan - Banning the sale of electronic cigarettes to kids may seem like a no-brainer, yet Gov. Rick Snyder's administration and a number of health advocacy groups oppose legislation that does just that. They say it doesn't go far enough.
SAN FRANCISCO - Federal education officials on Friday approved California's plan to roll out new computer-based standardized tests this spring, ending a months-long dispute that put the state at risk of sacrificing $1.5 billion in federal school funding.