- Mexico City investigates reports of dog poisoning at park Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - A popular dog run in a picturesque Mexico City park remained closed Tuesday following reported cases of dog poisoning.
- USDA: Pig virus that struck US similar to China strain Updated: Sep-30-15 6:29 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A virus that killed more than 8 million baby pigs in 2013 and 2014 nearly matches the DNA of a virus found in China and was likely carried into the United States on reusable tote bags used in international trade, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said Wednesday.
- Dog's infection prompts Lafourche shelter to close this week Updated: Sep-28-15 7:55 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter will close some of its services this week after a dog that had been kept there tested positive for a bacterial disease called leptospirosis.
- UC Davis treats dozens of pets badly burned in 2 wildfires Updated: Sep-26-15 6:29 pm
DAVIS, California - Dr. Elizabeth Montgomery crouched beside the cage of a long-haired, black-and-white cat with blisters and second-degree burns on all four paws. She stroked his head, examined his bandages and adjusted the soft collar around his neck that prevented him from licking his wounds.
- California authorities issue algae alert after 2nd dog dies Updated: Sep-26-15 2:11 pm
POTTER VALLEY, California - Authorities are urging people to keep their pets out of the Eel River in Northern California after a dog died from toxic algae.
- Health officials seek woman after kitten dies from rabies Updated: Sep-23-15 7:23 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Health officials in Ohio County are looking for a woman who brought a stray rabid kitten to an animal hospital.
- 73 cats euthanized at northern Virginia animal shelter Updated: Sep-23-15 6:53 am
MANASSAS, Virginia - Animal control officers say that nearly three-quarters of the cats at the Prince William's County Animal Shelter have had to be euthanized recently after contracting a respiratory virus.
- Man, 86, dies after being hit by SUV while walking dog Updated: Sep-15-15 5:32 am
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police say an 86-year-old man has died after being struck by an SUV while walking his dog in suburban Detroit.