- Contagious canine virus found at animal shelter Updated: Mar-08-14 1:40 pm
- Central Ohio shelter closes after dogs catch virus Updated: Mar-06-14 10:43 am
- SD inmates care for orphaned puppies Updated: Mar-01-14 6:57 pm
- Nevada puppies investigated for rabies Updated: Feb-28-14 7:01 pm
- Revenue concerns dog Hawaii Health Connector Updated: Feb-26-14 10:01 pm
- Camera catches mountain lion kittens feeding Updated: Feb-26-14 1:43 pm
- Boy's death from infected rat spurs suit vs. Petco Updated: Feb-26-14 3:58 am
- Child dies from infected rat; family sues Petco Updated: Feb-25-14 11:08 pm
- Iowa City shelter ends cat quarantine Updated: Feb-24-14 6:40 pm
- Dog helps patients do more in rehabilitation Updated: Feb-20-14 11:28 am
- Runaway cats won't go far but may be hard to find Updated: Feb-19-14 9:43 am
- Prineville boy gets seizure-alert dog Updated: Feb-18-14 6:35 pm
- Man charged with pointing gun at woman Updated: Feb-17-14 1:25 pm
- Man burned in explosion at pet grooming trailer Updated: Feb-17-14 10:04 am
- New ordinance for care of pets in Shelby County Updated: Feb-16-14 3:49 pm
- State police honor vet for care of retired K-9 Updated: Feb-14-14 1:49 pm
- 2 Coast Guard dogs in Texas get chopper training Updated: Feb-12-14 7:13 am
- After grief, life goes on at big-cat rescue center Updated: Feb-11-14 1:25 pm
- Dozen cats have died in Iowa City disease outbreak Updated: Feb-11-14 8:31 am
- Hancock Co. animal shelter remains closed Updated: Feb-10-14 5:37 am
- Sick cats prompt halt to feline adoptions Updated: Feb-09-14 10:50 am
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - A contagious and deadly canine virus has surfaced at a Tennessee animal shelter.
HEATH, Ohio - A central Ohio animal shelter has temporarily closed to the public after a litter of puppies contracted a contagious viral disease and died.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Inmates in a southeast South Dakota penitentiary are caring for a group of orphaned puppies.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Authorities in Carson City say they have found all but one of 10 puppies being sought for possible rabies.
HONOLULU - The head of Hawaii's online health insurance marketplace told state lawmakers Tuesday that it isn't earning enough to pay its bills beyond 2014.
LOS ANGELES - A mountain lion and her kittens having a late-night snack were recorded via a remote camera in a Southern California wilderness park.
SAN DIEGO - The death of a 10-year-old San Diego boy from a bacterial infection he reportedly got from his pet rat prompted his family to sue retailer Petco, saying they want to raise awareness among parents.
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego family is suing Petco after the death of their 10-year-old son from a bacterial infection they say he contracted from his pet rat.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The cat room at the Iowa City animal shelter is open again for visitors looking to adopt and for new cats needing a home.
ANDERSON, Indiana - After suffering a brain aneurysm, Linda Parks struggled to regain both her mobility and speech, but a special member of the St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital staff has helped in her recovery.
LOS ANGELES - If a scared dog bolts from home, it's likely to run as fast and far as it can. But if a house cat panics, it's more likely to slink away and stop at the first good hiding place it finds.
PRINEVILLE, Oregon - A 6-year-old Prineville boy recently made a long-awaited trip to Ohio with his mom and grandmother to pick up his seizure-alert dog.
GLEN BURNIE, Maryland - Anne Arundel County police have charged a man with pointing a gun at a woman who was walking her dog in Glen Burnie.
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Fire officials say a man and a dog were burned in an explosion in a mobile pet grooming trailer in Funkstown.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Commissioners in Shelby County have approved a companion-animal ordinance that defines a minimum level of care owners are required to maintain for their pets
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Self-described as just "a guy who takes care of a dog," Newburgh veterinarian Dr. Don Lutton will soon have to find space on his office wall for a special plaque given him Thursday by the Indiana State Police.
GALVESTON, Texas - Two Coast Guard bomb-sniffing dogs have had some high-flying security training by being lowered from a helicopter to a boat.
WYLIE, Texas - The 10 new tigers that arrived last week at the In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Education Center are a sorry-looking crew. They're skinny and scared, still disoriented by transport, wary of their new surroundings.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The deaths of a dozen cats at the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center have been blamed on a contagious viral disease.
KILN, Mississippi - The Hancock County Animal Shelter temporarily closed its doors last week as it dealt with an unknown illness that was making dogs there sick.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An illness among cats has forced a pet adoption center in Iowa City to stop feline adoptions until staffers can resolve the problem.