- Texas vet who killed cat testifies at hearing on license Updated: Apr-25-16 11:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas veterinarian who boasted online of killing a cat with a bow and arrow testified Monday at a licensing hearing that the incident has left her "essentially unemployable."
- 3 Park County cats diagnosed with plague Updated: Apr-23-16 1:16 pm
CODY, Wyoming - The Wyoming Department of Health says three Park County cats have recently been diagnosed with plague.
- VA study on whether dogs can heal vets with PTSD has critics Updated: Apr-21-16 1:45 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Army veteran Joe Aguirre opens a restaurant door, then steps aside to let his golden retriever take point. "Clear," Aguirre commands, and 3-year-old Munger pivots right, left, then right again, sweeping the room for potential threats.
- Tiny paw-thletes compete in Hallmark's Kitten Summer Games Updated: Apr-20-16 1:19 pm
NEW YORK - What do the four-legged footballers of the Hallmark Channel's Kitten Bowl do in the offseason? They go for the gold in their own Summer Games, including a de-cat-hlon and freestyle wrestling.
- Rabies case in domestic animal confirmed in Nogales area Updated: Apr-18-16 6:21 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's first case of rabies in a domestic animal in nearly seven years has been confirmed in the Nogales area.
- South Dakota animal rabies cases grow to 29 in 2015 Updated: Apr-07-16 7:58 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Health says the number of animal rabies cases in the state was up in 2015.
- Vets: More tick-borne disease being seen in dogs Updated: Apr-05-16 8:06 am
BOSTON - Veterinarians at a Boston animal care center say they've seen a dramatic increase in the number of dogs brought in for treatment for tick-borne illnesses.
- Officials urge owners to vaccinate pets against distemper Updated: Apr-04-16 4:06 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife is urging dog and cat owners to have their pets vaccinated against canine distemper.