- Dog, rabbit infected with tularemia in El Paso County Updated: Jul-01-15 8:02 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A dog has been infected and at least one rabbit has died recently in Yoder of tularemia, a bacterial infection known as "rabbit fever."
- Retirees deciding whether new lifestyle will include pets Updated: Jun-24-15 10:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Denise and John Stevens have had pets their whole lives - then they retired.
- Dover base veterinary clinic treats decorated military dogs Updated: Jun-13-15 9:29 am
DOVER, Delaware - From the panting yellow lab with the nasty ear infection to the quivering Siamese cat in need a nail trim, the Veterinary Treatment Facility at Dover Air Force Base is not as high-drama as one might expect.
- Vet, wife charged with forging pet health certificates Updated: Jun-07-15 4:31 am
LAKELAND, Florida - A Lakeland veterinarian and his wife have been charged with forging pet health certificates to trick consumers into believing they were buying healthy animals.
- Dog dies from toxic blue-green algae in Douglas County Updated: Jun-06-15 12:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota residents are being advised to avoid going into a Douglas County lake because of toxic blue-green algae.
- SW Idaho dog owner, dog get treatment for potential plague Updated: Jun-04-15 6:01 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A Boise resident whose dog is likely infected with plague will start an antibiotic treatment as a precaution, and other humans who had contact with the dog are being monitored, health officials say.
- State veterinarian confirms dog flu found in South Dakota Updated: Jun-02-15 5:44 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A new canine influenza that has sickened many dogs throughout the Midwest but has killed only a few, has been confirmed in South Dakota, the state veterinarian said Tuesday.