- Molokai man accused of investment scheme Updated: Apr-24-14 10:46 pm
- 2 men end federal lawsuit over Kansas voter ID law Updated: Apr-24-14 7:34 pm
- Maine wire fraud trial set to conclude on Friday Updated: Apr-24-14 5:33 pm
- 15 people charged in tax fraud ring Updated: Apr-24-14 3:19 pm
- Detroit: 18 collect jobless aid while working Updated: Apr-24-14 3:19 pm
- New Yorker who faked drowning gets 7-year sentence Updated: Apr-24-14 2:33 pm
- Texas woman gets 3 years for investment fraud Updated: Apr-24-14 2:04 pm
- 150 doctors targeted for tax fraud in NH, Vt. Updated: Apr-24-14 1:50 pm
- NY judge adds year to sentence for philanthropist Updated: Apr-24-14 1:43 pm
- Madison teen defrauded in bad Craigslist deal Updated: Apr-24-14 12:49 pm
- Former partner to testify against Ohio lawmaker Updated: Apr-24-14 12:19 pm
- Former Missouri lawmaker sentenced to probation Updated: Apr-24-14 11:13 am
- Fla. doc faces 200 counts of health care fraud Updated: Apr-24-14 10:37 am
- State senators get ethics training after scandals Updated: Apr-23-14 9:04 pm
- New York man accused of killing cooperator Updated: Apr-23-14 5:31 pm
- Prosecutor: ID theft scheme cost US Treasury $10M Updated: Apr-23-14 5:05 pm
- La. company settles Medicare fraud allegations Updated: Apr-23-14 2:22 pm
- Priest, aide accused of stealing from church Updated: Apr-23-14 1:19 pm
- Philly man sentenced to prison for welfare fraud Updated: Apr-23-14 12:58 pm
- Bryan woman gets 11 years for health care fraud Updated: Apr-23-14 10:32 am
- 4-year prison term in Calif. mortgage fraud scheme Updated: Apr-23-14 8:37 am
- Lewiston couple sentenced for housing fraud Updated: Apr-23-14 5:50 am
- Women used dead people's info on tax returns Updated: Apr-23-14 4:05 am
- Fla. detective guilty in credit fraud, ID theft Updated: Apr-23-14 3:04 am
- Rocker police officer pleads guilty in NY fraud Updated: Apr-22-14 5:08 pm
HONOLULU - FBI officials say a Molokai man is accused of scamming a woman out of $45,000 in an investment scheme, promising guaranteed returns.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two elderly northeast Kansas men have dropped a lawsuit challenging a state law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls, with a trial in federal court not set until next year.
BANGOR, Maine - The wire fraud trial of a Vermont man convicted for the 2010 explosion that killed two workers at a New Hampshire gunpowder plant is nearing conclusion.
STATESBORO, Georgia - An additional 15 people have been charged in connection with identity theft and tax fraud rings operating in and around Statesboro, Georgia
DETROIT - More than 30 current or former city of Detroit employees have been charged with illegally collecting unemployment benefits.
MINEOLA, New York - A man who enlisted his son to falsely report that his father had drowned at Jones Beach as part of an insurance fraud scam - and who was later convicted of unrelated charges that he posed as a police officer to accost a woman on a suburban street - was sentenced Thursday to up to seven years in prison.
GALVESTON, Texas - A South Texas woman who scammed financial clients by using an actor pretending to be a wealthy investor has been sentenced to more than three years in prison.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has asked the Secret Service and Internal Revenue Service to investigate reports of tax fraud affecting more than 150 doctors and health care providers in the state and in Vermont.
NEW YORK - A judge in New York has boosted the prison sentence for an opera-loving philanthropist convicted in a multimillion-dollar fraud.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison teen has been defrauded after she sold her laptop through Craigslist to someone who paid with counterfeit bills. The incident has prompted a reminder from authorities to conduct Craigslist swaps under safe circumstances.
CINCINNATI - A former business partner has agreed to testify against an Ohio lawmaker who is accused of misleading investors about a company's financial status and using their money to help fund his political campaign.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former Missouri lawmaker has been sentenced to five years of probation for Social Security fraud.
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A Gainesville doctor surrendered this week after she was charged with more than 200 counts of health care fraud for allegedly charging the government full price for prescription drugs, even though she was giving patients cheaper drugs not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
SACRAMENTO, California - State senators participated in a two-hour ethics training session Wednesday, the fallout from a series of legal cases involving Democratic lawmakers this year that have damaged the Legislature's image.
NEW YORK - A grifter behind a counterfeit check scheme in New York City killed one of his co-conspirators and dumped her body in Maryland after learning she was cooperating with investigators, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
PITTSBURGH - A federal prosecutor in Pennsylvania said Wednesday that a massive identity theft and fake tax return scheme cost the U.S. Treasury an estimated $10 million.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A Louisiana-based home healthcare company will pay $150 million to settle allegations that it submitted false bills to the federal Medicare program.
TROY, Michigan - A Detroit-area Catholic priest and his parish administrator were charged Wednesday with fraud and conspiracy in a scheme to steal nearly $700,000 from their church.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Philadelphia man who authorities say used multiple identities to illegally collect public-assistance benefits worth $359,000 has been sentenced to more than a year behind bars.
HOUSTON - A Central Texas medical supply operator has been sentenced to 11 years in federal prison in a nearly $3.4 million health care fraud scheme.
SACRAMENTO, California - A 39-year-old Northern California man connected to a wide-ranging mortgage-lending scheme has been sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison.
AUBURN, Maine - A Lewiston couple convicted of defrauding the federal government out of more $46,000 in housing subsidies by not disclosing substantial income and real estate holdings have been sentenced.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say two Memphis women have pleaded guilty to filing false tax returns using personal information from dead people.
MIAMI - A South Florida police detective is facing federal prison time after a jury convicted him in an identity theft and credit card fraud case.
NEW YORK - A former police officer accused of rocking out on stage as the lead singer of a metal band called Cousin Sleaze while he claimed he couldn't work because of an arm injury pleaded guilty to fraud on Tuesday.