- Pot businessman pleads no contest to Oakland fraud Updated: Dec-12-13 9:50 am
- Judge chides UK leader's 'Team Nigella' comment Updated: Dec-12-13 9:23 am
- Witness on day of 2008 arrest: 'Madoff Implodes' Updated: Dec-11-13 8:35 pm
- Woman charged with arson, fraud after fire Updated: Dec-11-13 5:38 pm
- Charter founder's lawyer: US obsessed with client Updated: Dec-11-13 5:29 pm
- Man arrested in Peru in 1990s Ohio Ponzi scheme Updated: Dec-11-13 3:47 pm
- Appeals court upholds prison term for state worker Updated: Dec-11-13 1:06 pm
- OKC woman gets prison time for false tax return Updated: Dec-11-13 12:29 pm
- Maine woman gets nearly 3 years in bank fraud Updated: Dec-11-13 12:22 pm
- Officials: Utah man pleads guilty to tax fraud Updated: Dec-11-13 5:28 am
- Madoff wept as he revealed fraud, NY witness says Updated: Dec-10-13 11:04 pm
- Handcuffed Ga. woman steals patrol car, at large Updated: Dec-10-13 8:13 pm
- ID inmate gets 33 months in prison for mail fraud Updated: Dec-10-13 7:04 pm
- Supporters seek leniency for RI lawyer in fraud Updated: Dec-10-13 5:05 pm
- Court: Exec guilty over faulty French implants Updated: Dec-10-13 3:20 pm
- Feds: Former NY soccer official ran Ponzi scheme Updated: Dec-10-13 2:36 pm
- UK fraud case against billionaire Dahdaleh dropped Updated: Dec-10-13 12:07 pm
- Woman sentenced to 46 months for fraud Updated: Dec-10-13 11:02 am
- Judge denies motion to toss ex-mayor's conviction Updated: Dec-10-13 11:01 am
- Deputy coroner pleads guilty in Medicaid theft Updated: Dec-10-13 9:46 am
- 2 Muscatine women accused of voter fraud Updated: Dec-10-13 9:04 am
- Jury selection continues in Painter trial Updated: Dec-10-13 7:22 am
- Omaha man sentenced for wire fraud, weapons crime Updated: Dec-10-13 6:05 am
- NY prosecutor: Calif. wine collector was greedy Updated: Dec-09-13 9:22 pm
- Former Ore. lawyer admits $1.1M fraud Updated: Dec-09-13 8:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - The man behind a national chain of stores that provide supplies to medical marijuana growers is expected to receive probation following his conviction on charges that he defrauded an Oakland grant program.
LONDON - A British judge chided Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday for saying he was on "Team Nigella" during the fraud trial of two former assistants to celebrity cook Nigella Lawson and her former husband.
NEW YORK - Bernard Madoff's former right-hand man summed up his boss' arrest exactly five years ago with two words: "Madoff Implodes."
EDGEWOOD, Maryland - The State Fire Marshal's Office has charged an Edgewood woman with arson and fraud after a fire in her apartment.
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia charter school founder defrauded the city and state of $6.7 million by earning multiple salaries at four schools she ran, and taking millions more in consulting fees, federal prosecutors argued Wednesday after several weeks of trial.
LIMA, Peru - Police in Peru say they've arrested a 59-year-old man wanted in Ohio for an alleged Ponzi scheme in which $65 million was raised from at least 800 investors in the United States and Latin America more than a decade ago.
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal appeals court has upheld the prison sentence for a former Kansas case manager who defrauded federal and state government programs.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former bookkeeper at an Oklahoma City electrical contracting company has been sentenced to eight months in prison for filing a false tax return in connection with embezzling more than $140,000 from the company.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine woman has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison and ordered to pay over $500,000 in restitution after pleading guilty to bank fraud.
SALT LAKE CITY - Federal prosecutors say a Utah man has pleaded guilty to filing false claims for income-tax refunds.
NEW YORK - The former right-hand man of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff told a jury Tuesday that a crying Madoff revealed to him his financial empire was a gigantic fraud just before the rest of the world learned the truth nearly five years ago.
UNION CITY, Georgia - Police in Union City say they're searching for a woman who was handcuffed when she stole a patrol car.
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho inmate has been ordered to serve 33 months in prison and repay more than $59,000 collected by purporting to be a claimant in class-action lawsuits and bankruptcy settlements across the country.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Roman Catholic bishop, a onetime U.S. ambassador and others have written letters to a judge in Rhode Island to support a lawyer convicted in a $46 million investment fraud that preyed on terminally ill people.
MARSEILLE, France - A disgraced French businessman was convicted of fraud and sentenced to four years in prison on Tuesday for filling tens of thousands of breast implants with industrial grade silicone. But he left the courthouse freely after lodging an appeal, and thousands of women will have to wait longer to discover if they will receive damages.
MINEOLA, New York - The former head of a suburban youth soccer club solicited members, friends and volunteers of the organization for more than $5 million in what federal prosecutors said Tuesday was a Ponzi scheme.
LONDON - A U.K. case against Canadian-British billionaire Victor Dahdaleh collapsed Tuesday, clearing the tycoon of allegations he bribed senior officials at Aluminium Bahrain BSC, known as Alba.
HONOLULU - A 50-year-old Ewa Beach woman convicted of operating an $800,000 Ponzi scheme has been sentenced in federal court to nearly four years in prison.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal judge has denied a motion to throw out the conviction of a former south Mississippi mayor sentenced to probation in a Hurricane Katrina fraud case.
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A former Twin Falls County deputy coroner has reached a plea agreement in a Medicaid fraud case.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two women from Muscatine County have been accused of voter fraud.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Jury selection continues in the fraud and aggravated identity theft trial of Murphy J. Painter, former commissioner of the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 37-year-old Omaha man has been sentenced to federal prison for wire fraud and a weapons violation.
NEW YORK - A prosecutor opened the fraud trial of a California wine dealer on Monday by saying greed motivated him to cheat wine collectors out of millions of dollars, but a defense lawyer said his client was the victim of widespread corruption in the resale market for vintage wines.
EUGENE, Oregon - A former Bend, Oregon, personal injury lawyer accused of diverting more than $1.1 million in client funds has pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.