- Fraud charge filed against Detroit-area lawyer Updated: Mar-08-14 4:22 pm
- Texas man indicted for duping NM dealership Updated: Mar-08-14 11:28 am
- Daughter of ex-Obama pastor guilty in fraud scheme Updated: Mar-07-14 10:44 pm
- Dutch national sentenced for benefits fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 9:16 pm
- Blackfeet consultant convicted of bankruptcy fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 8:07 pm
- Split verdict for NY man accused of kidnap attempt Updated: Mar-07-14 7:08 pm
- OC woman gets prison for bilking nuns of $285,000 Updated: Mar-07-14 5:46 pm
- Ex-trader convicted of defrauding bailout program Updated: Mar-07-14 5:41 pm
- Ex-Doylestown Twp. supervisor sent to federal pen Updated: Mar-07-14 5:40 pm
- Trial delayed for Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 12:11 pm
- Texas financial firm worker gets prison for fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 8:19 am
- 2nd person gets prison in Texas investment fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 7:11 am
- Jackson woman pleads guilty in ID fraud scheme Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 am
- Prosecutor: Executives lied as NYC law firm failed Updated: Mar-06-14 6:34 pm
- Federal agent charged in insurance fraud scheme Updated: Mar-06-14 4:32 pm
- Cancer fake sentenced in Seattle for fraud Updated: Mar-06-14 4:06 pm
- Honolulu man admits to taking dead mom's checks Updated: Mar-06-14 12:31 pm
- Pittenger says he's a victim of credit card fraud Updated: Mar-06-14 9:13 am
- Lawyer apologizes, pays fine over school fight Updated: Mar-06-14 7:55 am
- Fraud found in Ga. high school football program Updated: Mar-05-14 8:32 pm
- Judge blocks rule canceling voter's registration Updated: Mar-05-14 7:43 pm
- E. Illinois woman headed to prison for fraud Updated: Mar-05-14 7:16 pm
- Committee postpones complaint against senator Updated: Mar-05-14 6:48 pm
- Ga. man convicted in marriage fraud gets 6 years Updated: Mar-05-14 5:09 pm
- Jury convicts former Bixby Energy CEO of fraud Updated: Mar-05-14 4:04 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area lawyer has been charged with bank fraud and money laundering.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Texas man accused of scamming a New Mexico automobile dealership out of nearly $35,000 has been indicted for felony fraud.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A federal jury on Friday convicted the daughter of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright of money laundering and making false statements in connection with the alleged misuse of a grant from the state of Illinois.
BALTIMORE - A Dutch national and registered sex offender who has lived in the U.S. illegally for more than 40 years and fraudulently obtained social security benefits has been sentenced.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A jury on Friday convicted a consultant for the Blackfeet Indian tribe of bankruptcy fraud, but could not decide on more than two dozen other charges against him in a scheme to defraud a $9.3 million mental health program, federal prosecutors said.
MINEOLA, New York - A man already facing prison time for faking his own drowning in an insurance fraud scheme was convicted Friday of impersonating a police detective, but he was cleared of attempting to kidnap a woman authorities said he chased and tried to force into his van.
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County woman who bilked a group of nuns out of $285,000 has been sentenced to more than three years in federal prison.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Wall Street investment banker was found guilty Friday of defrauding investment funds established as part of the federal government's response to the 2008 financial crisis.
PHILADELPHIA - A lawyer and the former township supervisor of Doylestown in Bucks County will spend 18 months in federal prison for his role in a mortgage fraud scam that preyed on homeowners facing foreclosure.
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud and theft for allegedly misleading investors about a company's financial status and using their money for personal gain won't go on trial next month.
DALLAS - An employee of a Dallas-based financial firm has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for trying to embezzle nearly $1.3 million.
HOUSTON - A second person has been sentenced to prison and must repay nearly $10 million in a Texas-based life settlement investment fraud scheme.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson woman has pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States by stealing personal information that was used to file false tax returns.
NEW YORK - Three former executives conspired to hide a powerhouse law firm's snowballing financial problems from auditors and even their own partners as it headed toward collapse in the nation's biggest law firm bankruptcy, prosecutors said Thursday.
SAN ANTONIO - A federal agent based in San Antonio has been arrested following his indictment on charges of wire fraud and lying to authorities.
SEATTLE - A 52-year-old woman who claimed to have cancer and talked an elderly Auburn man into giving her more than $400,000 was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Seattle to two years in prison.
HONOLULU - A Honolulu man says he collected more than $200,000 in state disability benefits for his dead mother.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger says criminals put $4,000 in fraudulent charges on his credit card.
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Southbury lawyer has apologized and agreed to pay $750 over her accusations that town officials in Woodbury and Bethlehem were engaged in fraud in a fight over a high school renovation referendum.
ATLANTA - An investigation has revealed that at least 14 football players at an Atlanta high school used fake addresses to enroll and play on the team, Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said Wednesday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz did not have the authority to create a new rule aimed at ridding voter registration rolls of voters who didn't appear to be U.S. citizens, a judge said Wednesday.
URBANA, Illinois - An eastern Illinois woman will go to prison after admitting she stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from an Urbana company.
SACRAMENTO, California - A legislative committee has postponed for at least a week its consideration of an attempt to expel a Democratic state senator who is awaiting sentencing on perjury and voter fraud charges.
ATLANTA - Prosecutors say a man accused of arranging sham marriages for people living in the country illegally has been sentenced to serve nearly six years in federal prison.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A federal jury has found former Bixby Energy Systems chief executive Robert Walker guilty of defrauding investors, tax evasion and witness tampering.