- New Census numbers show Casper population exceeding 60,000 Updated: May-24-15 1:46 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Casper has exceeded 60,000 in population for the first time in its history thanks largely to active oil drilling in the area, and a state economist says he believes the recent downturn in oil prices won't cause the large population losses that the city and state experienced in past boom-to-bust cycles.
- Whites moving to Detroit, city that epitomized white flight Updated: May-21-15 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Whites are moving back to the American city that came to epitomize white flight, even as blacks continue to leave for the suburbs and the city's overall population shrinks.
- Charleston's growth: Columbia could lose spot as top SC city Updated: May-21-15 11:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rapid growth in Charleston means that Columbia is in danger of losing its place as the largest city in South Carolina, according to U.S. Census Bureau numbers released Thursday.
- Census: Population of Charlotte now in excess of 800,000 Updated: May-21-15 12:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Charlotte has grown by 16,000 people in a year and now the largest city in the Carolinas has a population in excess of 800,000.
- Central Arkansas cities mull special census for more funding Updated: May-18-15 5:38 pm
BRYANT, Arkansas - Several central Arkansas cities are mulling the idea of paying for another census in order to get more state funding following an increase in population.