- Spokane couple in dumpster tossed in garbage truck Updated: Mar-11-14 10:47 am
- City considers taking ban on spitting off books Updated: Mar-11-14 8:11 am
- Portland elephants like golf course sand Updated: Mar-10-14 3:33 pm
- Police investigate possible selfie on stolen iPad Updated: Mar-10-14 3:28 pm
- Campus leader uses YouTube to show a boring break Updated: Mar-10-14 1:45 pm
- Scientology founder built trails on Mount Rainier Updated: Mar-10-14 12:36 pm
- Event challenges eaters with 20-foot bratwursts Updated: Mar-10-14 11:32 am
- Gilda's laughter festival holds FUNderwear Run 5K Updated: Mar-09-14 6:45 pm
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figures Updated: Mar-09-14 11:59 am
- Cookbook returned to library after 21-plus years Updated: Mar-07-14 6:10 pm
- Dufur rooster can stay for now in Oregon town Updated: Mar-07-14 10:16 am
- Man makes off with 40 pairs of underwear at mall Updated: Mar-07-14 5:58 am
- LaughFest organizers claim new sunglasses record Updated: Mar-07-14 5:11 am
- Wake up and smell the bacon ... with a bacon app Updated: Mar-06-14 6:48 pm
- Airline: Iraq stops landing over official's son Updated: Mar-06-14 12:52 pm
- Wolf encounter leaves cows with post-trauma stress Updated: Mar-06-14 9:25 am
- Student uses graduation cap to bring in $5,400 Updated: Mar-06-14 9:20 am
- Man apologizes for Tacoma back-seat robbery Updated: Mar-05-14 12:14 pm
- Girl Scout cookies bought with phony dough Updated: Mar-05-14 9:40 am
- California gold discovery spurs rush of theories Updated: Mar-04-14 8:22 pm
- NY Times prints Northup correction 161 years later Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- Portland theft suspect wearing armored underwear Updated: Mar-04-14 10:11 am
- German court: implants no impediment to police job Updated: Mar-04-14 8:56 am
- First 2 Corvettes lifted by crane from Ky sinkhole Updated: Mar-03-14 7:11 pm
- Storm sinks tour boat in Southern California lake Updated: Mar-03-14 7:06 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A couple who were sleeping in a dumpster with their dog were awakened Tuesday morning when they were thrown into the back of a garbage truck in Spokane.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A ban on spitting in public in Grand Rapids could soon be off the books.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Not all sand is created equal. Just ask Lily, the Oregon Zoo's youngest elephant.
LOVELAND, Colorado - Police are investigating whether a man who apparently snapped a selfie with an iPad reported as stolen from a Colorado gymnastics studio played a role in its disappearance.
ALLENDALE, Michigan - What did the president of a Michigan university do on spring break? He made a snow angel, napped on an empty bus and read a book in a greenhouse.
TACOMA, Washington - Four years of research and the discovery of a wooden sign have uncovered a historical link between Tacoma, the first trails at Mount Rainier and L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology.
YPSILANTI, Michigan - A fundraising event in Michigan plans to pit participants with big appetites against 20-foot-long bratwursts that weigh close to six pounds.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Organizers of an annual festival of laughter have held a 5K race with a unique dress code.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A life-sized animatronic Abe Lincoln is among the historical figures and tableau scenes from a Gettysburg wax museum set to hit the auction block just months after the town celebrated the 150th anniversary of his "Gettysburg Address."
LAWRENCE, Kansas - More than two decades after a cookbook was checked out of a Kansas library, it's just now been returned.
DUFUR, Oregon - The Dufur (DOO'-fur) rooster has won a reprieve.
DUNWOODY, Georgia - Police are searching for a man who walked into a Victoria's Secret store dressed in all black clothing and made off with about 40 pairs of women's underwear at a suburban Atlanta mall.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - There appears to be another arcane world record in Grand Rapids, this time for the most people wearing sunglasses at night.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed?
BEIRUT - Iraqi authorities on Thursday denied permission to a plane belonging to Lebanon's national carrier to land in Baghdad after a son of an Iraqi minister missed the flight, Middle East Airline said in a statement.
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Cows that survive a wolf encounter reportedly suffer symptoms similar to post-traumatic stress disorder.
FLINT, Michigan - A University of Michigan-Flint senior has taken a chunk out of his tuition debt by selling ad space on his graduation cap.
TACOMA, Washington - A 31-year-old man accused of hiding in the back seat of a woman's car in Tacoma and taking her purse told police he needed money to get married.
LAKE ELSINORE, California - Officials in Southern California say someone has been buying Girl Scout cookies with counterfeit cash.
LOS ANGELES - Word last week that a Northern California couple found $10 million in gold coins while walking their dog has set off a Gold Rush of theories over who left behind all that loot.
NEW YORK - The New York Times has printed a correction for misspelling 161 years ago the name of a black man who was sold into slavery and whose memoirs were turned into the Oscar-winning movie "12 Years a Slave."
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man accused of using a cutting torch on a Portland ATM was wearing armored underwear when he was arrested.
BERLIN - A German court has ruled that a prospective Berlin police recruit's breast implants cannot legally be used as grounds to keep her off the force.
Two classic Corvettes re-emerged Monday from a giant sinkhole that gobbled up those and six other prized vehicles still trapped beneath the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky.
BIG BEAR LAKE, California - Only one boat on Big Bear Lake has a liquor license, and it's underwater. The pirate ship tour boat sank under the weekend's barrage of rain, snow and high wind in Southern California.