- New Hampshire baby receives lifetime hunting-fishing license Updated: Jul-29-15 11:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A 6-month-old New Hampshire boy has become the first child to get a newborn hunting and fishing license in the state.
- Man says he petted zoo cougars after calling 'Here, kitty' Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - An Ohio man who jumped a fence to pet cougars at the Columbus zoo and posted video on YouTube says he jokingly said "Here, kitty" and moved closer when the animals seemed to respond.
- Ohio State coach Meyer, mascot celebrated in butter at fair Updated: Jul-28-15 11:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Winning another national championship has made Urban Meyer a butter man.
- Diner en Blanc: NYC leads world's biggest popup picnic Updated: Jul-28-15 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - Five thousand people dressed in white got together for the world's largest popup picnic - at a secret Manhattan location.
- Scott Walker orders American on cheesesteaks, avoiding gaffe Updated: Jul-28-15 4:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The governor of the nation's top cheese-producing state visited the capital of cheesesteaks on Tuesday and ordered two topped with American, skipping the customary Cheez Whiz but avoiding the blunder of a former presidential candidate who was ridiculed for wanting his with Swiss.
- Snow piles from record-breaking Buffalo storm still melting Updated: Jul-28-15 4:28 pm
BUFFALO, New York - People from Buffalo hear it all year - over the phone or while traveling: "Buffalo? Got snow there?"
- Fugitive's role in horror film leads to his arrest Updated: Jul-28-15 3:34 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A fugitive has been arrested after federal agents saw his photo in a Washington state newspaper that ran a story about a low-budget horror movie.
- Cat found alive aboard sunken boat pulled from Lake Havasu Updated: Jul-28-15 3:16 pm
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Arizona - A trapped, hungry, wet and scared cat is now safe after it was found tucked away in a boat that had sank to the bottom of Lake Havasu.
- Cops: 2-state chase began over warrant for stolen underwear Updated: Jul-28-15 2:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man who led officers on a wild two-hour chase spanning two states had been facing charges of stealing $21 worth of underwear from a supermarket.
- Rwanda park releases relocated lions to restock population Updated: Jul-28-15 11:20 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Seven lions that were transported from South Africa to Rwanda have been released into a wildlife park after weeks of quarantine, another step in a plan to restore the country's lion population after it was wiped out following Rwanda's 1994 genocide, the park's managers said Tuesday.
- Oldest ever giant panda celebrates with bamboo, veggie cake Updated: Jul-28-15 10:28 am
HONG KONG - The oldest giant panda ever in captivity tasted a vegetable ice cake and, of course, bamboo in celebration of her 37th birthday.
- Wichita Falls issues warning over missing 6-foot snake Updated: Jul-28-15 8:31 am
WICHITA FALLS, Texas - A public safety alert in one North Texas city has nothing to do with traffic or weather but instead involves a 6-foot creature that slithers.
- Get the waffles! Maple syrup spills on New Hampshire highway Updated: Jul-27-15 5:43 pm
KEENE, New Hampshire - The only thing missing was the waffles.
- Hiker climbs tree to escape coyotes, gets stuck for 5 hours Updated: Jul-27-15 4:34 pm
MANCHESTER, New Jersey - A hiker trying to escape from coyotes in a wooded area of southern New Jersey has gotten stuck in a tree for nearly five hours.
- Putrid-smelling flower attracts large crowds in California Updated: Jul-27-15 2:45 pm
BERKELEY, California - Officials with UC Berkeley's botanical garden say the garden had its busiest day in more than a decade as people flocked to get a whiff of the "corpse flower," a plant known for its pungent odor.
- Pressure cooker prompts Lafayette parking garage evacuation Updated: Jul-27-15 12:16 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A sheriff says a suspicious package at a Lafayette parking garage that prompted the evacuation of nearby buildings turning out to be a pressure cooker full of pork.
- Florida man wins Hemingway look-alike contest in Key West Updated: Jul-26-15 12:40 pm
KEY WEST, Florida - A white-bearded Florida man has won the "Papa" Hemingway Look-Alike Contest on his 15th attempt.
- Volcano-like underground fire is put out after a month Updated: Jul-24-15 9:10 pm
WOODBURY, New Jersey - Crews have put out a fire that burned underground in southern New Jersey for a month, melting the ground around it and reaching 1,000 degrees.
- Owl with an attitude wins face-off with deputy Updated: Jul-24-15 6:50 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A Boulder County sheriff's deputy got into a face-off with an owl with an attitude, and the owl won.
- Rocker Vince Neil drops lawsuit over social media passwords Updated: Jul-24-15 5:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil got back his social media passwords after suing a consultant he hired to manage the accounts and accusing her of posting online without his consent, a lawyer for the rocker said Friday.
- Drunk man who jumped in lake to avoid rescuers sent to trial Updated: Jul-24-15 9:20 am
LEVITTOWN, Pennsylvania - A district judge says a drunken-driving suspect who ran naked from a hospital and jumped into an eastern Pennsylvania lake must stand trial for disorderly conduct and other charges.
- BLM: Idaho cyclist sparks fire by burning used toilet paper Updated: Jul-23-15 6:57 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Authorities say a cyclist started a 73-acre wildfire in southwest Idaho by lighting his toilet paper on fire after taking a comfort break.
- Nobody hurt when bull roams Texas State University campus Updated: Jul-23-15 8:22 am
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Learning about livestock took on new meaning at Texas State University when a bull wandered onto the campus.
- Half-naked 'Spartans' attract attention of Beijing police Updated: Jul-23-15 7:23 am
BEIJING - A salad store paraded dozens of half-naked Western men dressed as Spartans through China's capital as a publicity stunt, causing a stir and drawing a crackdown by police who were photographed restraining some of them on the ground.
- 560-pound man biking across US to lose weight Updated: Jul-22-15 6:16 pm
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - A 560-pound man biking across the United States to lose weight hit a snag in Rhode Island.