- Police: Burglary suspect reveals plans with 911 'butt dial' Updated: Sep-04-15 7:04 am
BRANCHBURG, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has been indicted on burglary charges after police say he inadvertently dialed 911 and let authorities in on his plans.
- Missing tarantula not dangerous, prof says, but it can bite Updated: Sep-03-15 8:25 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A biology professor at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell says a missing tarantula isn't dangerous, but he's giving fair warning: It can bite.
- Companies to stop 'revenge makeover' ads using ex-governor Updated: Sep-03-15 7:42 pm
PHOENIX - Two online marketing companies that ceased publishing ads depicting former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer as an over-the-hill divorcee who needed a "revenge makeover" could still face legal action from her.
- Prison ordered for Michigan man in dirty sock deal Updated: Sep-03-15 7:13 pm
ADRIAN, Michigan - A man who tried to sell a backpack of dirty socks as marijuana has been sentenced to at least one year in a Michigan prison.
- Lost Australian sheep yields 30 sweaters worth of fleece Updated: Sep-03-15 7:41 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A lost, overgrown sheep found in Australian scrubland was shorn for perhaps the first time on Thursday, yielding 40 kilograms (89 pounds) of wool - the equivalent of 30 sweaters - and shedding almost half his body weight.
- Sasquatch sighting! Maine police say Bigfoot artist nabbed Updated: Sep-02-15 8:38 pm
KENNEBUNK, Maine - Authorities have nabbed a man who's accused of spray-painting images of Sasquatch on public property in Kennebunk, Maine.
- Connecticut Gov. Malloy is photobombed by beluga whale Updated: Sep-02-15 5:05 pm
MYSTIC, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has found himself upstaged by a beluga whale during a tourism news conference at the Mystic Aquarium.
- Police: Man huffed keyboard spray after crash as cop watched Updated: Sep-02-15 3:37 pm
TOPSHAM, Maine - Police say a Maine man crashed his SUV into a guardrail on an interstate and then inhaled computer keyboard cleaner in front of the officer who pulled him over.
- Traffic fowl-up: Chicken captured after causing traffic flap Updated: Sep-02-15 3:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities have captured a felonious chicken that fouled up rush-hour traffic on the Bay Bridge from Oakland to San Francisco.
- Fox News anchor sues Hasbro over toy hamster with her name Updated: Sep-02-15 2:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An anchor for Fox News is suing Hasbro for more than $5 million over a toy hamster that shares her name - and possibly even her resemblance.
- Warren mayor freezes used car lot license considerations Updated: Sep-02-15 1:07 pm
WARREN, Michigan - Mayor James Fouts thinks there are too many secondhand vehicle businesses in Warren and worries that the Detroit suburb may one day be called "Used Car Lot City."
- China enlists monkeys to keep birds from spoiling big parade Updated: Sep-02-15 8:11 am
BEIJING - China is leaning on the animal kingdom - including a squad of nest-wrecking monkeys - to ensure its military parade commemorating the end of World War II goes smoothly.
- Covered wagon overturns, snarls traffic on Arkansas highway Updated: Sep-01-15 6:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - History bumped into modern times when a covered wagon overturned on a busy Arkansas interstate, snarling traffic for a short time.
- Las Vegas' new ad campaign pushes 'sexy' watering habits Updated: Sep-01-15 5:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Another part of the drought-ridden West is attempting to make water conservation sexy, this time with funny ads in Las Vegas.
- Senator with son named McKinley decries mountain name change Updated: Sep-01-15 4:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A state senator who named his son McKinley after North America's tallest mountain peak isn't too pleased with the president's decision to change its name back to Denali.
- NY court refuses to hear appeals in chimp personhood case Updated: Sep-01-15 3:13 pm
ALBANY, New York - An animal rights group seeking legal personhood for chimpanzees won't get a hearing in the state's highest court.
- Southern New Jersey man digs up live cannonball in backyard Updated: Sep-01-15 6:22 am
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, New Jersey - The Atlantic City bomb squad was dispatched to a southern New Jersey home over the weekend after a man dug up a live cannonball in his backyard.
- 3,000 Philly Naked Bike Riders photo-bomb wedding shoot Updated: Aug-31-15 11:44 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Here comes the bride all dressed in white. And, don't look now, but here come thousands of bicyclists not dressed in anything.
- $20 found in San Francisco leads to $1 million lottery win Updated: Aug-31-15 2:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco Bay Area man won $1 million in the California Lottery after buying a winning ticket with money he found at the airport.
- No bones about it: Dog mayor plans to run for president Updated: Aug-31-15 11:22 am
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - She might be a bit shaggy, but Lucy Lou wants to run for president - and she comes with political experience.
- Migrants bike into Norway at remote Arctic border crossing Updated: Aug-31-15 11:07 am
HELSINKI - As Europe grapples with record-breaking numbers of migrants, a trickle of asylum seekers from Syria and the Mediterranean region have found an unlikely route: Through Russia to a remote Arctic border post in Norway, partly on bicycles.
- Alleged Facebook mention in prayer call sparks Egypt outcry Updated: Aug-31-15 9:16 am
CAIRO - Egyptians in a Nile Delta province were outraged on Sunday after a cleric allegedly changed a line in the traditional Islamic call to prayer to mention Facebook.
- 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while family slept Updated: Aug-31-15 9:07 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut have charged two people they say broke into a boat at a Norwalk marina to enjoy a fast food meal and take some selfies while a family of five slept on board.
- Naked, body-painted bicyclists ride through Philadelphia Updated: Aug-29-15 6:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Thousands of bicyclists in various stages of undress have pedaled their way around the city to promote fuel conservation and positive body image.
- Golf club owner agrees to pay $100,000 over manure incident Updated: Aug-29-15 2:04 pm
ESCONDIDO, California - The owner of a Southern California golf club, who raised a stink by spreading chicken manure on the course, has agreed to pay $100,000 to air pollution regulators.