- Connecticut university student arrested over mac and cheese Updated: Oct-06-15 6:45 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - A University of Connecticut student faces criminal charges over a confrontation with a campus food court manager who wouldn't let him buy macaroni and cheese with bacon and jalapeno peppers.
- Dog rescued after fall into crack at Volcanoes National Park Updated: Oct-06-15 4:33 pm
HONOLULU - A Big Island family was reunited with their dog after a rescue team removed the Labrador retriever trapped in a crack in the earth at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Art lovers stage mock anti-Renoir protest at Boston museum Updated: Oct-06-15 4:29 pm
BOSTON - Renoir didn't leave much of an impression on a group of art lovers in Boston.
- Woman found inside portable toilet gets arrested on warrants Updated: Oct-06-15 1:39 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A woman wanted on identity theft charges has been arrested in Oregon after a construction worker lifted the lid of a portable toilet to find her hiding inside.
- Ohio man calls cops to complain he got too high on marijuana Updated: Oct-06-15 12:41 pm
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Police in Ohio say they were called to a house by a man who complained he'd gotten too high smoking marijuana.
- Skeletons, skulls under Afghanistan's presidential palace Updated: Oct-06-15 11:24 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's president palace says skulls and bones belonging to two bodies have been uncovered beneath a kitchen during renovation work on the palace grounds.
- 'Scary Lucy' statue inspires NY mall's Halloween display Updated: Oct-06-15 11:00 am
LAKEWOOD, New York - It's a role "Scary Lucy" was born to play: Frightening people at Halloween.
- Residents of Kentucky city petition to move Halloween Updated: Oct-06-15 8:23 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Hundreds of Lexington, Kentucky, residents have urged county officials to move Halloween trick-or-treating to Oct. 30 this year.
- Former middle school students look for missing time capsule Updated: Oct-05-15 9:10 am
INDIALANTIC, Florida - Former students of a central Florida middle school were hoping to crack open a buried time capsule to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Hoover Middle School.
- Man gets long prison term, then gets married at courthouse Updated: Oct-02-15 6:23 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A man sentenced to at least 20 years in prison in one Pennsylvania courtroom has followed that up by walking into another courtroom to marry his girlfriend.
- Christie wears fleece for storm briefing but not THAT fleece Updated: Oct-02-15 3:55 pm
SEA ISLE CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie wore a fleece jacket for a media briefing on this weekend's storms, but it wasn't THAT fleece.
- Lawsuit: Pork roll company fired employee for passing gas Updated: Oct-02-15 2:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - One of New Jersey's top pork roll makers is being sued by the wife of an employee who she says was fired for passing too much gas in the office.
- Man named Santa Claus runs for office in Alaska's North Pole Updated: Oct-02-15 1:13 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A man whose legal name is Santa Claus is running for a City Council seat in the tiny Alaska town of North Pole.
- Police: Informant eats heroin she bought undercover for cops Updated: Oct-02-15 11:35 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania woman has eaten some of the heroin she bought while working as an undercover informant for investigators.
- TNT wedding favors caused evacuation at Denver airport Updated: Oct-01-15 3:59 pm
DENVER - A wedding gift was no joke to TSA agents checking bags in a screening room at Denver International Airport.
- Man of Steal? Cops say Superman shirt was suspect's undoing Updated: Oct-01-15 8:24 am
UPPER DARBY, Pennsylvania - Police in the Philadelphia suburbs say the Man of Steal was undone by his Superman T-shirt.
- Titanic's last lunch menu, from Money Boat, goes for $88,000 Updated: Sep-30-15 7:18 pm
NEW YORK - The Titanic's last lunch menu, saved by a first-class passenger who climbed aboard a lifeboat whose crew was said to have been bribed to row away instead of rescue more people, sold at auction for $88,000 on Wednesday.
- Correction: Loose Emu story Updated: Sep-30-15 6:25 pm
BOW, New Hampshire - In a story Sept. 28 about the return of an emu that had been on the loose in New Hampshire, The Associated Press reported erroneously the job of a man who took the bird back to Vermont. Kermit Blackwood is the curator at Taft Hill Farm, not the owner of the emu.
- Mistaken text message leads to love for St. Louis couple Updated: Sep-30-15 4:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - A married St. Louis couple is sharing their unlikely love story about three years after the mistaken text message that forged their relationship.
- Rescued horses chow down on 22 tons of donated carrots Updated: Sep-30-15 4:05 pm
BEND, Oregon - Carrots might no longer tempt horses at one Oregon rescue ranch - because they've been munching on tons of them for days.
- Officer suspended, refused to shoot skunk that bit child Updated: Sep-30-15 1:12 pm
MOUNT CARMEL, Tennessee - A police officer in East Tennessee was suspended for three days for refusing to shoot a skunk that had bitten a child.
- Texas kayaker snags owl while fishing, bird snatches lure Updated: Sep-30-15 12:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas fisherman had an unexpected catch when an owl swooped down, snatched a lure and got caught on the hook.
- Florida couple invites strangers to crash their wedding Updated: Sep-30-15 6:21 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - Inspired by the popular movie "Wedding Crashers", a Florida couple is actually asking strangers to crash their wedding next month.
- Confederate flag stolen from bike parked at police station Updated: Sep-29-15 9:37 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Flying a confederate battle flag may not be popular with some people these days - but stealing it is still a crime. Especially when it's taken off of a bike parked in front of a police station.
- Cops: Owner puts dog into idle truck, dog sends it into lake Updated: Sep-29-15 7:28 am
ELLSWORTH, Maine - Police say a dog alone in a pickup had to be rescued after it caused the truck to go into a lake in Maine.