- Officials say those Boston snow piles are even more vile Updated: May-29-15 10:13 pm
BOSTON - It's disgusting enough to put you off snow cones for the rest of the summer.
- Animal control mistakes life-sized toy for tiger Updated: May-29-15 6:24 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - An animal control worker in Michigan was convinced he was looking at a young tiger lying in a driveway, so he approached with care. He grabbed a pole and a shield, and called police.
- Teen charged with taking $25K, giving classmates $100 bills Updated: May-29-15 1:41 pm
MEDINA, Ohio - A 13-year-old Ohio boy accused of stealing $25,000 from his 83-year-old grandfather and handing out $100 bills to his middle school classmates has been charged as a juvenile.
- 20-year-old Wisconsin cheddar makes debut at $209 a pound Updated: May-29-15 10:58 am
MINERAL POINT, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin cheesemaker is debuting a 20-year-old cheddar this week that's short in supply and big on price.
- Man with 1st name 'God' settles with credit rating agency Updated: May-29-15 9:41 am
NEW YORK - A New York City man whose first name is God has settled a lawsuit with a credit reporting agency that had refused to recognize his name as legitimate.
- Man serves up coffee to drivers stuck at train crossing Updated: May-29-15 7:08 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A man offered motorists a little refreshment as they were stuck waiting for a train to get moving in Kalamazoo.
- Ducklings waddle their way inside Alaska hardware store Updated: May-28-15 5:19 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska wildlife officials are deciding what's next for a group of ducklings that wandered into a Fairbanks hardware store.
- Bear scurries around Wyoming city, falls asleep, gets caught Updated: May-28-15 3:40 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - After leading wildlife officials on a daylong chase through a Wyoming city, an exhausted young black bear fell asleep under a tree.
- Polish police find man who entered bear enclosure, got hurt Updated: May-28-15 1:00 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A man who went missing after tangling with a brown bear at Warsaw's zoo, leaving traces of blood, was found Thursday in the hospital.
- Judge dismisses case from Ohio pair trying to keep pet bear Updated: May-28-15 12:31 pm
MEDINA, Ohio - A judge has dismissed a civil case by a northeast Ohio couple who want to keep their toothless, 41-year-old black bear despite not getting a required state permit.
- Astoria port uses beach balls to scare sea lions off docks Updated: May-28-15 12:13 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The Port of Astoria is trying a more playful approach to keep sea lions off its docks: beach balls.
- Mystery of disappearing holes in Swiss cheese solved Updated: May-28-15 12:07 pm
BERLIN - The mystery of Swiss cheese and its disappearing holes has been solved: The milk's too clean.
- English resort sees crime fall after mankini clampdown Updated: May-28-15 10:41 am
LONDON - It was one small ban for mankinis, one giant step for an English seaside resort town.
- Village cites resident for having beehives without a permit Updated: May-28-15 9:47 am
MONTEBELLO, New York - A New York man is battling his village after he was issued citations for having beehives on his property.
- Students may have to re-test after hundreds of SATs get lost Updated: May-28-15 9:45 am
ASHBURN, Virginia - Parents say hundreds of SAT tests taken by Virginia students at a high school were lost in the mail, leaving students in a bind.
- Wife, husband say they hit back-to-back holes-in-one Updated: May-28-15 9:11 am
GRAND LEDGE, Michigan - A wife and husband from Michigan say they both got a hole-in-one in consecutive shots at the same hole.
- Oops: Israeli Burning Man festival torches ancient remains Updated: May-28-15 9:07 am
JERUSALEM - The Israeli Antiquities Authority says revelers at a Burning Man festival famous for its pyrotechnic spectacles have accidentally torched some remnants of prehistoric man.
- Firefighters too big, but girl just right to rescue kitten Updated: May-28-15 7:47 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Firefighters were too big to rescue a tiny kitten from a central Pennsylvania storm drain but a 6-year-old girl's size proved to be just right.
- Police: Steven Tyler not really doing a strawberry farm show Updated: May-28-15 12:18 am
WEST WINDSOR, New Jersey - Police have alerted residents of a New Jersey township that Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler will not be performing at a small pick-your-own strawberry farm.
- Sea lion impaled with spear rescued in Southern California Updated: May-27-15 10:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - A giant sea lion impaled by a homemade spear is recovering at SeaWorld after being rescued just off the Southern California coast.
- Phone scammer dials Maine state trooper, given stern warning Updated: May-27-15 7:32 am
SKOWHEGAN, Maine - A Maine state trooper issued a stern warning to a telephone scammer who called to tell him he had missed grand jury duty and would be arrested if he didn't pay a fee.
- Family returns found dog tags to veteran's relatives Updated: May-26-15 2:49 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Basil Robinson's relatives have his military dog tags back after a family found them in a dumpster while searching for scrap metal.
- Ohio man posts message on his SUV: 'Got kidney? I need 1' Updated: May-26-15 2:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man in need of a kidney donor is taking his search on the road in unusual fashion, with bright yellow letters taped to the rear window of his SUV.
- 'John Wayne Day' in Texas honors actor's 108 birthday Updated: May-26-15 1:55 pm
- Oh, brother: Twins charged with hurling bricks at each other Updated: May-26-15 1:42 pm
ORANGE CITY, Florida - What are a few bricks between brothers?