- Thomas' mom to watch from the stands, not the cell this time Updated: Feb-05-16 10:04 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Demaryius Thomas' mother will watch the Super Bowl from the stands at Levi's Stadium, decked out in an officially licensed orange No. 88 jersey.
- Utah legislators back plan to declare pornography a health crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 8:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state senator in Utah wants to declare pornography a public health crisis, echoing an argument being made around the U.S. by conservative religious groups as pornography becomes more accessible on smartphones and tablets.
- Twitter moves to actively seek out terrorist supporters Updated: Feb-05-16 7:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Twitter is now using spam-fighting technology to seek out accounts that might be promoting terrorist activity and is examining other accounts related to those flagged for possible removal, the company announced Friday.
- Stocks lose more ground as jobs report disappoints Updated: Feb-05-16 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks posted steep losses Friday, ending the week with broad declines, as investors fretted over a report showing that U.S. job creation slowed last month.
- Dave Mirra, who broke barriers on a BMX bike, dies at 41 Updated: Feb-05-16 6:57 pm
Dave Mirra did things few people could on a BMX bike, using a combination of natural ability, fearlessness and innovation to take the sport to places many never thought possible.
- New Jersey sues Volkswagen, claiming emissions fraud Updated: Feb-05-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The state of New Jersey sued Volkswagen Friday, claiming the auto maker sold diesel vehicles equipped with software that deactivated on-board emission controls except during emissions testing.
- LinkedIn shares plunge almost 44 percent Updated: Feb-05-16 6:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Investors gave LinkedIn a poor job review Friday in the form of a dramatic sell-off that wiped out nearly $11 billion in the professional networking site's market value.
- Tyson Foods, LinkedIn are big market movers Updated: Feb-05-16 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq stock market:
- Nelson wants limits on drones around airports Updated: Feb-05-16 2:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson is meeting with Florida's airport directors as part of a push to garner support for new technology that could protect airports and other sensitive areas from drones.
- Apple now accepting your banged-up iPhone Updated: Feb-05-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Apple for the first time is accepting banged up iPhones as a trade-in from those wanting to upgrade.
- Houston police announce high-tech crime mapping tools Updated: Feb-05-16 12:17 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police are using online technology to make it easier for concerned citizens to track reported crimes in their neighborhoods.
- Scientists turn to drones to count growing seal colonies Updated: Feb-05-16 10:50 am
On a remote island off of Nantucket, scientists are using a tool most commonly associated with war and surveillance to get a look at fuzzy baby seals.
- Thai police find pipe bomb rocket in southern insurgent zone Updated: Feb-05-16 10:47 am
HAT YAI, Thailand - Police in southern Thailand, where Muslim separatists are staging an insurgency, said they found and disarmed a small improvised explosive rocket on Friday similar to ones discovered for the first time last month.
- Still no reef for Oak Island after delay with Army Corps Updated: Feb-05-16 7:41 am
OAK ISLAND, North Carolina - Officials in Brunswick County have been frustrated in their efforts to help a nonprofit group place an artificial reef off Oak Island.
- Kansas City applies for federal transportation grant Updated: Feb-05-16 6:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City has applied for a federal grant to help mid-sized cities test transportation innovations.
- FCC chair to discuss broadband opportunities in eastern Ky. Updated: Feb-05-16 4:35 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The head of the Federal Communications Commission plans to travel to eastern Kentucky to discuss broadband-based economic opportunities.
- Joliet police department orders 50 more Tasers Updated: Feb-05-16 4:20 am
JOLIET, Illinois - The Joliet Police Department is ordering 50 new Tasers with the goal of one day arming all 270 police officers with the device.
- Experts say launch won't bring N. Korea much closer to ICBM Updated: Feb-05-16 3:48 am
TOKYO - Japan has deployed PAC-3 missile batteries in the heart of Tokyo to shoot down any incoming rocket debris. South Korea is reportedly mobilizing two Aegis-equipped destroyers. The U.S. is already gunning to punish Pyongyang for what it says will be a ballistic missile test in the guise of a space launch.
- Chinese using carpooling apps to get ride home for holidays Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 am
SHANGHAI - The hundreds of millions of Chinese heading home for Lunar New Year have a relatively new travel option this year: mobile apps to find carpool partners to share costs in what is a novel concept for most Chinese.
- After disclosing player information, USSF moves to seal suit Updated: Feb-04-16 9:01 pm
The U.S. Soccer Federation's original lawsuit against the union for its champion women's national team has been sealed after the governing body realized it had disclosed the home addresses and email accounts of many players.
- Rhode Island attorney general: Daily fantasy sports legal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Daily fantasy sports mix chance and skill and are legal under state law, the state's attorney general said Thursday.
- Skvarla pitches broadband, crowdfunding, venture capital Updated: Feb-04-16 6:35 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's commerce secretary says rural and small-town economies won't grow without access to high-speed Internet.
- State IG: Classified email found from Powell, Rice tenures Updated: Feb-04-16 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Secretary of State Colin Powell and the immediate staff of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also received classified national security information on their personal email accounts, according to a memo written by the State Department watchdog that was released Thursday.
- LinkedIn shares tumble on weak forecast for 2016 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - LinkedIn shares plunged as much as 28 percent in after-hours trading Thursday after the company reported better-than-expected results for the fourth quarter but provided a weak forecast for 2016.
- IRS resolves computer problems after outage Updated: Feb-04-16 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The IRS says it has resolved a computer system outage and is again accepting electronically filed tax returns.