- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on aging parents Updated: May-05-15 10:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Each time 81-year-old Bill Dworsky or his 80-year-old wife Dorothy opens the refrigerator, closes the bathroom door or lifts the lid on a pill container, tiny sensors in their San Francisco home make notes on a digital logbook.
- DirecTV misses Street 1Q forecasts Updated: May-05-15 9:16 am
EL SEGUNDO, California - DirecTV on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit of $730 million, helped by the addition of 279,000 net new subscribers.
- Pump primed at Disney for big year led by movies Updated: May-05-15 9:04 am
LOS ANGELES - The pump is primed at Disney to reap the benefits of a big year at the movies.
- Amazon Prime members will be able to stream free on JetBlue Updated: May-05-15 9:04 am
NEW YORK - Amazon wants to give JetBlue passengers a new option for tuning out that crying baby or talkative seat neighbor.
- Disney beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: May-05-15 8:25 am
BURBANK, California - The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) on Tuesday reported fiscal second-quarter earnings of $2.11 billion.
- Gov. Baker: Police body cameras raise privacy concerns Updated: May-05-15 6:55 am
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - Gov. Charlie Baker remains unsold on the idea of body cameras for police in Massachusetts.
- Lebanese held hostage by Syria militants appear in video Updated: May-05-15 6:16 am
BEIRUT - Seven Lebanese troops held hostage by al-Qaida's Syrian affiliate have appeared in a video posted online.
- UGA researcher leads project to improve blueberry processing Updated: May-05-15 4:19 am
ATHENS, Georgia - An associate professor at the University of Georgia researcher is trying to find a better way to harvest blueberries, the state's leading fruit crop.
- New Louisiana public school student ID system developed Updated: May-05-15 4:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Public school students will soon be assigned new student identification numbers.
- Gov. Mary Fallin to sign bill banning texting while driving Updated: May-05-15 3:08 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin plans to sign legislation that makes it illegal to text while driving in Oklahoma.
- AP source: Goldberg died after collapsing in gym Updated: May-04-15 10:14 pm
David Goldberg, the SurveyMonkey CEO who also was Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg's husband, was exercising at a gym in a Mexican resort when he collapsed before he died Friday, a person close to the family said.
- Boxing match pops up on phones as TV habits change Updated: May-04-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - It should have been a proud moment for TV: A much-hyped sports event drawing in millions of paying viewers and showcasing the clout still held by traditional media heavyweights.
- ACLU challenges Delaware GPS monitoring of sex offenders Updated: May-04-15 6:50 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The American Civil Liberties Union is challenging the constitutionality of a Delaware law that requires GPS monitoring of certain convicted sex offenders on probation.
- University says county GMO measure could hamper research Updated: May-04-15 6:24 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University says a Benton County ballot measure that seeks to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops in the county could hurt GMO-related university research projects.
- Student accused of hacking school district's computer system Updated: May-04-15 5:55 pm
FULTON, Missouri - A Fulton High School student is suspected of hacking into the district's computer network, shutting down the system for several hours.
- Google tractor-beams Star Wars universe into Knowledge Graph Updated: May-04-15 5:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Star Wars fans no longer have to search their feelings to discover the truth. They can just Google it.
- California officer in hot water over ice bucket video Updated: May-04-15 4:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - A California officer faces insurance fraud charges after authorities say a video showed her participating in an ice-bucket challenge despite claiming she had a back injury.
- Cisco CEO Chambers to step down, Robbins named successor Updated: May-04-15 2:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Veteran tech executive John Chambers plans to step down after more than 20 years as CEO of Cisco Systems Inc., a major supplier of computer networking gear that makes the Internet work.
- Cognizant 1Q results top Street, lifts full-year guidance Updated: May-04-15 1:04 pm
TEANECK, New Jersey - Cognizant Technology raised its outlook for the year after strong performances in its health care and financial services units pushed both profits anid revenue beyond Wall Street expectations Monday.
- The Muppets to team up with several YouTube stars Updated: May-04-15 12:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights. It's time to stream the video.
- Sally Beauty probes reports of unusual payment card activity Updated: May-04-15 10:49 am
DENTON, Texas - Sally Beauty said Monday that it is investigating reports of unusual activity on payment cards used at some of its U.S. stores.
- Supercomputer transferred to University of Arkansas Updated: May-04-15 10:10 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A new supercomputer is set to more than double the computational capacity of a University of Arkansas computing center.
- Comcast now has more Internet than cable customers Updated: May-04-15 9:15 am
NEW YORK - Just before its $45 billion deal with Time Warner Cable collapsed over regulators' fears about a giant cable company's control over the Web, Comcast was racking up more Internet customers.
- Former technology executive Carly Fiorina says she's seeking GOP presidential nomination Updated: May-04-15 7:16 am
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina says she's seeking GOP presidential nomination.
- Cable, pay-per-view problems leave viewers fighting mad Updated: May-03-15 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - For some boxing fans, the big fight Saturday night turned out to be between them and their cable companies.