- Samsung introduces free streaming radio service Updated: Mar-07-14 2:00 pm
- Mass. eyes states with functioning health websites Updated: Mar-07-14 12:55 pm
- Johns Hopkins data spilled in 'extortion' attempt Updated: Mar-07-14 12:29 pm
- Taxis, limos upset over rules for tech competition Updated: Mar-07-14 11:23 am
- Man said to create bitcoin denies it Updated: Mar-07-14 11:04 am
- Facebook expands server farm in Sweden Updated: Mar-07-14 8:55 am
- Cochran: Corps adds $14M for Mississippi projects Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 am
- School burglars steal $35K worth of computers Updated: Mar-07-14 8:25 am
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube Updated: Mar-07-14 6:55 am
- Thousand teens headed to NH robotics competition Updated: Mar-07-14 4:34 am
- Va manufacturing research center gets new partner Updated: Mar-07-14 2:55 am
- Texas to post Port Aransas ferry times Updated: Mar-07-14 1:05 am
- Hawaii modified food bills battered but alive Updated: Mar-06-14 10:29 pm
- House approves buying English learner software Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 pm
- 5 things to know about Google's mystery barge Updated: Mar-06-14 8:10 pm
- Target breach puts corporate tech execs under fire Updated: Mar-06-14 7:14 pm
- University system enlists help on computer breach Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 pm
- Wake up and smell the bacon ... with a bacon app Updated: Mar-06-14 6:48 pm
- Senator: Technology warrants new privacy laws Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- House panel kills 1 texting-driving ban, 1 remains Updated: Mar-06-14 5:41 pm
- Titus Welliver awaits verdict on 'Bosch' pilot Updated: Mar-06-14 5:11 pm
- Iceland startup finds success with trivia app Updated: Mar-06-14 5:03 pm
- Senators: Quicker action needed on safety rules Updated: Mar-06-14 4:57 pm
- Colorado looks to restrict cellphones in cars Updated: Mar-06-14 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - Samsung on Friday unveiled a new free music service for its phones that it touts as a significant improvement from the apps already on the market.
BOSTON - Massachusetts health care officials struggling to repair the state's hobbled website are looking at the possibility of leasing or buying technology from states with functioning insurance sites.
BALTIMORE - The names, email addresses and telephone numbers of as many as 1,200 current and former Johns Hopkins University biomedical engineering students were posted online after a hacker's failed extortion attempt aimed at gaining broader access to the school's computer network, the university said Friday.
DENVER - Frustrated and angry, more than 100 cabbies pulled up outside the Colorado Statehouse early this legislative session to protest tech startups known as ridesharing services.
LOS ANGELES - Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto said Thursday that he is not the creator of bitcoin, adding further mystery to the story of how the world's most popular digital currency came to be.
STOCKHOLM - Facebook plans to build a new data center at its server farm in northern Sweden, less than a year after opening the plant, its first outside the United States.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi is one of only four states receiving additional funds from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for dredging and flood control along its major tributaries, according to U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
OAKLAND, California - Burglars made off with $35,000 worth of computer equipment from an Oakland elementary school.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's prime minister has threatened drastic steps to censor the Internet, including shutting down Facebook and YouTube, where audio recordings of his alleged conversations suggesting corruption have been leaked in the past weeks, dealing him a major blow ahead of this month's local elections.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A robotics competition involving 1,000 high school students from across New England is continuing at the University of New Hampshire.
PRINCE GEORGE, Virginia - An advanced manufacturing research center in Prince George County is partnering with the Defense Department.
AUSTIN, Texas - Spring-breakers headed to the beaches of Port Aransas and Mustang Island will get an Internet assist from the Texas Department of Transportation this year.
HONOLULU - The chairwoman of the Hawaii House Agriculture Committee said Thursday she intends to fight for a bill that would establish a task force to study genetically modified foods.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a plan to spend millions on a software program schools will use to teach children who don't speak English as their primary language.
SAN FRANCISCO - A Google barge built with recycled shipping containers proved its seaworthiness Thursday as it cruised from the San Francisco Bay to Stockton. But many other details about the odd-looking vessel remain a mystery. Here are five things that we do know so far:
NEW YORK - Hackers are putting top technology executives under severe pressure. And this week's sudden departure of Target's chief information officer in the wake of the company's massive pre-Christmas data breach has only ratcheted up the stress.
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota University System officials said Thursday they have talked to the FBI and an independent cybersecurity group about helping with an investigation into a breach on the system's computer server.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed?
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Sen. Christopher Shank says government agencies can learn a great deal about people by just tracking their movements via cellphones and license plates, so Maryland needs stricter protections to keep pace with new surveillance technology.
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota lawmakers are waging a battle over two proposals to ban texting while driving, with the issue of local control emerging as a deciding factor.
LOS ANGELES - Titus Welliver knows what it's like to wait for a pilot's fate to be decided, but this time around is different: Viewers are among the decision-makers, and he's the star of the show.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland - A small startup has taken the gaming world by storm, finding success with its QuizUp trivia app and spurning offers to abandon its remote Iceland headquarters in favor of California's Silicon Valley.
WASHINGTON - Government regulators are taking too long to write new rail safety regulations in light of recent fiery oil train accidents and a deadly commuter train derailment, senators complained Thursday.
DENVER - A Colorado lawmaker who has received complaints from constituents about drivers distracted by their cellphones is proposing banning their use in cars unless people use a hands-free device.