- SD Supreme Court says no to new malpractice trial Updated: Nov-21-13 10:32 am
- UK: New law could jail doctors for negligence Updated: Nov-19-13 10:38 am
- Jury awards $100,000 in Ore. malpractice suit Updated: Nov-16-13 4:16 pm
- US surgeon cleared of Australian death charges Updated: Nov-15-13 12:01 am
- Jury awards $6.7 million in malpractice case Updated: Nov-14-13 7:44 am
- LA County settles $7.5M medical malpractice suit Updated: Nov-06-13 3:52 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman who sued Sanford Medical Center for malpractice for a 2007 surgical procedure that was aborted should not be granted another trial, the South Dakota Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
LONDON - The British government is proposing a new law that could jail doctors and nurses for up to five years, if they are convicted of "willful negligence."
MEDFORD, Oregon - An Oregon gynecologist who removed a patient's healthy ovary and left a piece of plastic in her body after a 2007 robotic surgery has been ordered to pay more than $100,000.
BRISBANE, Australia - Australian prosecutors on Friday dropped manslaughter charges against an American surgeon to end an eight-year legal wrangle that has reached the nation's highest court.
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A jury in Columbus has awarded $6.7 million in a 10-year legal battle involving an Alabama man who said his intestine was punctured during a hernia operation.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approved a $7.5 million payment Tuesday to a toddler who was born with a brain injury at a county-run hospital to settle a medical malpractice lawsuit.