- Several issues before lawmakers on Crossover Day Updated: Mar-02-14 2:25 pm
- Plan would raise Kansas limits on lawsuit damages Updated: Feb-26-14 10:28 pm
- Missouri House backs limits on medical malpractice Updated: Feb-26-14 7:50 pm
- Ky. Senate passes bill creating malpractice panels Updated: Feb-19-14 9:25 pm
- Signatures gathered for malpractice award measure Updated: Feb-19-14 12:11 pm
ATLANTA - Monday marks a key deadline as bills must pass either the House or Senate to remain active for the last 10 days of the session. Known as Crossover Day, it marks the 30th day of the 40-day session.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas would allow greater damages in personal injury lawsuits but change some evidence rules in ways favored by business and medical groups under legislation that advanced Wednesday in the state Senate.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Seeking to sidestep a court ruling, the Missouri House endorsed legislation Wednesday that attempts to reinstate limits on the amount of money people can receive from medical malpractice lawsuits.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A panel of medical experts would review proposed medical malpractice claims against health care providers before they could be pursued in court under a bill the Kentucky Senate passed Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - Lawyers and consumer groups have started gathering signatures for a ballot measure to increase the $250,000 limit on some damages, including pain and suffering, in medical malpractice suits.